Persistent bumps
When i was younger, I tried to shave my vagina but went about it the wrong way because of a lack of research on my part. This resulted in ingrown hairs which got progressively worse over the years because of how I thought picking at them and trying to pop them would help. And though after that I stopped shaving, they have remained with me and are still there. Now, at 17, I've begun to shave again but they're still there. They're hideous and disgusting, and I cannot find a way to get rid of them. I do think that because of my improper care when I was younger, they've sort-of evolved into another problem. They're bumpy and hard and are tinted quite dark. Up until this point I haven't told my mother about my issue due to being scared of embarrassment (dumb, I know) but now I realize that this is something that I have to go to the doctor for.

I was going to discuss it with my mother soon and ask her to take me to the doctor, unless there's something that I can do myself in order to fix it, though I figure that's a long shot.

Please, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know A.S.A.P. I just really want this problem handled and taken care of so I can move on with my life and not be so insecure.

Thanks in advance!