Persistent headache, 4 days after major surgery.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I just had major surgery to remove my fibroid.  Everyday I feel better.  I am slightly anemic and I feel slightly nauseated.  I have had a nagging headache off and on for 2 days.  I take 400mg of motrin and it barely helps.  I wonder what I should do or maybe I'm getting an infection that's causing my headaches.
Usually 1 little motrin will get rid of any headache.  
I hate taking Percoset as it makes me dizzy.  I skipped it last night and I slept just fine.  I haven't taken any of that in almost 2 days.  

Thanks for your advice!
it's probably from the anesthesia, i had a hyst. and i had 1 for about a week, maybe you could call and get something not as strong as percocet, maybe hydrocodone, or 800mg ibuprofin.
If you had a spinal anesthetic, the persistent headache could be a result.  One way to tell is if the headache goes away when you lay down completely flat, and recurs when you sit straight up or stand up.

See your doctor if it persists or worsens.
Thank you ladies!  I'm actually feeling better today.  I started Tylenol and it seems to work.  I didn't get a spinal, but I did have the headache that felt better when I layed down.
I had a D/C and a Nova sure done. 3 days later woke up with a fever and the worst headache of my life, even my skull, nd very nauseated. I guess I was in somewhat in a delirium state too, I don't remember even going to the ER of them infusion me with many antibiotics, my husband told me. Internal medicine seen me everyday, as well as Infectious disease. Tehy did a CT of my Head and stomach, and x=ray of my lungs, tho., my Dr. out of Uof M, was pset that they hadn't did a Lumbar puncture. So they kept saying eveything is looking good but you don't have to go home if your head is still hurting. they were feeding me narc, and even though I felt tired and still felt a HA, I finally said on the 5th day, "I'm going home" I'm not a HA person, though they do run in the family. But I was only taking Ultracet for pain, which I've been taking for 11 years now for my RSD, and is non-narcotic.  Well, my dr. and Rheum. told me I could get in to see a Neurologist in Oct!!!!!!!!! I cried!!  I had my Neuro. appt coming up for my RSD, which is really his only scope of practice right now. After my through neurological exam, I went home. he called me the next morning and said that he couldn't let me wait until Oct. he put me on Phergan, for Nausea, helps me a little, and then Topamax, which you have to build up in your system, 1, 25mg, tab, weekly. Am now up to 3 tabs, will get to the total of 4. Still have the HA, Skull Aches, nausea, light sensitivity/ This is August 31, and I have had this HA and living in dark rooms, mostly lying, since, July  19th. And I'm not a HA person! Sorry not much help but sympathize with ya, but do make an appt. with a Neurologist.