Petechiae and anti-platelet medication?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Petechiae and anti-platelet medication?

I'm a 19 year old female and I woke up today with what seems to be a little bit of petechiae on my inner thighs- I've done lots of research and looked at photos - and I'm pretty sure it's because of a medication I've been taking for a cold.
3 days ago I started taking Bufferin Cold, which has antiplatelet properties, I was also prescribed a Seretide Accuhaler, Nasonex, and Codeine.
My regular medications are Lamictal, Vyvanse, and Lo Seasonique.

I'm on a trip, so the doctor here is expensive (creepy too), I don't want to go back unless it's really necessary. My sister is a nurse and says she thinks I'm fine. I'm going to stop taking the Bufferin Cold, I only have 3 pills left anyways and I'm no longer congested.

I feel like this isn't a coincidence and it is most likely a result of the antiplatelet medication. The doctor didn't seem concerned over the phone, and said I could stop by if I wanted to.
I'm considering waiting and tracking it with photographs to see if it gets better or worse.
What are your thoughts? I really appreciate everything you have to say.

Thank you so much for your time.
Tags: petechiae, antiplatelet medication, Cold, medication, thoughts?

I agree with you that this can be due to the antiplatelet medication. But if the symptoms persist even after stopping the antiplatelet medication then you should get it evaluated. The diseases in which petichiae are seen are Dengue fever, Measles, Infectious mononucleosis, Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic purpura, Scarlet fever. You should a general physician for diagnosis and treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.