Women's Health Community
Pins and needles, numbness in hands
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pins and needles, numbness in hands

I am 5 months pregnant with my fourth child and suffering with almost constant pins and needles in my hands.  I find that even simply pushing a pram or driving the car, my hands cannot be in one position for more than a few minutes without them tingling and going numb.

At nights I am awoken to find my hands completely numb, dead, no feeling at all. This can happen several times a night.

I also have sciatic pain down my left leg.

I am starting to worry as this problem with my hands seems to be getting worse. It can take me an hour or two in the mornings before I can actually grip something properly, opening a jar is almost impossible.

I am also getting pain from my left elbow down towards my fingers. A real aching pain.

If you could give me some idea as to what is causing this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
107860_tn?1302930340
what causes carpel tunnel during pregnancy?
My right arm was so numb for about a couple of ho urs and then it went away, now my right hand is always crampy.
Blank
The hands could be carpal tunnel.. common during pregnancy. Check with doc...
Blank
The carpal tunnel is a bony canal formed by the wrist bones on three sides and a ligament that runs across the wrist on the other. The swelling and fluid retention that's so common during pregnancy can increase the pressure in this relatively narrow and inflexible space, compressing the median nerve that runs through it.

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/prenatalhealth/234.html

Here is the link from Babycenter...   :) Jen
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703