Pinworms? Please help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pinworms? Please help.

Hi!
I didn't know where else to post this so I hope its okay here.
I know what im talking about isn't pleasant but if you do read all of this know I appreciate it!
The past 4/5 days Ive been feeling unwell in my stomach - mostly at night.
Today after a BM I noticed a little mucus on me after I wiped? It was gooey and not normal for me so I kept an eye on it today as I have anxiety issues with sickness! I went to the toilet again and everything was fine again but tonight after coming home and going to the toilet I had more of this mucus come out before my BM and in my actual BM I found small white worms! About three or four. Im not itchy or anything. Just feeling unwell and nauseous just at night.
There was only those few worms but I think medication to treat the problem is still in order?
Can anyone say if the unwell in my stomach feelings ive been having can relate to having these pinworms?
Can they make your BM a little different? With this gooey mucus?
Do they make you feel more hungry?
The last few days ive been feeling starving all the time.
It's bizarre. I remember having these as a child.
I don't know how I could of got these.
Any information id appreciate so much.
Thank you xx
I just read an article about this early this morning! Let me go find it and I will post it for you. Brb.
Here's the article which you may find helpful! Nothing to be ashamed of! Do you have young children?
By Jaclyn Aquino

As a mother of 4, I thought I had a good handle on rare childhood illnesses.

We have been through the whole hand, foot, & mouth virus (Coxsackie Virus), which my close friend and I appropriately titled ****-sucking virus. Like any good mother, I blamed myself. I figured it had something to do with the organized disaster I call home.

As an infant, my son had gotten a full blown thrush infection. My 3rd born was diagnosed with RSV at 2 weeks. When she was 3 years old, she started losing hair and I became concerned with her nutrition. Until, I found a bald spot, and a few circular patches of itchy flesh. You guessed it, Ringworm.

I can hardly remember my brain, and the doctor wants me to remember 2 doses a day for 72 days?! I lived and so did all the kids.

Fast-forward many years and a new place.

One night during a movie with my husband, I noticed an itchy feeling... you know down there. I thought, “Great yeast infection.” UGH! It’s never-ending with this vagina of mine, if I had any sense at all I'd get rid of the damned thing! The itching did not come back until a week or so later. I finally just chalked it up to being the start up of a yeast infection, or maybe showering every other day really wasn't enough? I started showering daily.  

A couple days before Christmas while grocery shopping, I had this body-curling pain in my right side. I was admitted to the ER with a morphine drip. A days worth of anti inflammatory meds, CT scans, and ultra sounds (internal & external), vaginal cultures, all revealed nothing. Not even a swollen appendix.

I was discharged and followed up with my family Dr. I was then diagnosed with Dysmenorrhea (Extremely painful periods) and anemia. I started birth control pills, and anti-inflammatory medication. Things were much better by Christmas, and 100% back to normal after Christmas. I was so relieved that a diagnosis was finally made. It explained a lot about my menstrual cycles.
After some more reading, the eggs can be on anything even vegetables. You can clean your vegetables with special solutions, but it’s not a guarantee that everything will be removed. Learning all of that is more than enough to turn anyone into a Germaphobe.

I bagged all my kids' clothing, bleached every crevice in their room. Bleached all their toys overnight, vacuumed, and dusted. Rewashed all clothes even the clean ones. They are now getting 2 showers a day with Dial soap. One full body shower and the second just to sanitize their bottoms.

I also slather their bottoms with Desitin each night; another unreliable source said this kills pinworms before they lay their eggs. I will take their word for it. We now go through about ½ a bottle of dial hand soap each day. I have cleaned the bathroom and every inch of our home, each day since. I even bleached out my car. I can rest a little easier knowing that everything is “squeaky” clean.

I think I can manage to send them to school next week.

Getting germs is the unavoidable. Being able to hug and snuggle my kids after all of this to me means I really love them, parasites and all.  After all this, I love my husband even more, because he is still attracted to me, and desires me just the same as before.
Pinworms are highly contagious and a COMMON infection among children.  Where or who you contracted this from....???  Strange you don't have any itching because that is a hallmark symptom of a Pinworm infestation.

All the symptoms you mentioned can be related to a worm infestation.  You probably are feeling extra hungry because you aren't eating a lot secondary to you feeling "unwell" in regards to your stomach.

There are OTC medications for Pinworms.  Ask your pharmacist what he/she recommends.

Also, I would recommend you consult your physician and get a stool culture done to find out exactly what you are dealing with.
Thank you for these replies. I appreciate it so much,
I will listen to this advice.
Going to talk to the pharmacist sometime today.
I hope my stomach starts to settle soon!