Placenta placement
This is my first pregnancy and I am new to all of this terminology about stuff. I got an ultrasound done last week and they said I have anterior placenta. I realize that means it is in the front rather than the back but does it put me at higher risk for having placenta previa? My mom was placenta previa with me luckily I was a scheduled c-section because her doc told her she would not have been able to have vaginally delivered me. I got to my ob on thursday and plan to talk to her about it but until then I would just like to know if anyone else has ever had a sucessful vaginal delivery with and Anterior Placenta?

Thanks Amanda
I am 30wk My baby is already in position... meaning head down and I feel her move quiet frequently. I guess I just worry that it may cause problems if it shifts to placenta previa.
Thanks. I will talk to my OB on Thursday to ease my mind but that does help. They didn't say its low lying atleast I don't recall them saying that so hopefully its no biggy. At 30wks would it be a problem if it were low lying? Well I guess that is a question for my doctor.
I have a loq lying placenta, Im 15 weeks. They said it should move the further along you go in pregnany. I wouldn't think yours would move down and be placenta previa usually it moves up the further along you get. Wether the baby is in position or not they can always do a c-section. Most women when they have c-sections the baby is in position. God luck to you!
If you're 30 weeks alreay, I wouldn't worry too much. You're placenta is supposed to grow up, not down, so if you don't have a previa now... Anterior isn't really a problem. It's just unfortunate you're not able to feel the baby as well as women with a posterior placenta. It's a reason for concern if you had a previous c-section, but since this is your first pregnancy. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!
I had anterior placenta with both boys and had no issues feeling them : ) They were active buggers through and through! BTW, anterior means front.

Andi