Plan B Pill and late period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Plan B Pill and late period

I was wanting to know how many women have been late on their period from the Plan B Pill and not because of them being pregnant. I am almost a week late on my period. I know I am not pregnant *took a pregnancy test last weekend and it was negative* and I just can tell I am not. I had taken the Plan B Pill last month on the second day of my period. My boyfriend and I didn't use a condom. I wanted this one time to be special with him until I get on birth control next month. Anyway, I first started my period Thursday, August 23rd and had sex on that Friday. Saturday it stopped and started back Sunday afternoon. I have heard when a guy cums in you that you can stop. My period is a regular 28-29 days and usually they last about 5 days with some slight spotting for another couple when it is stopping. This damn period last month lasted 8 days! And it was fairly heavy! I have read many things on the pill making you early, spot and even be a week or two late. I still haven't started and I was supposed to start last Friday. I'm not worried, though. But I would like to know if this has happened to any other women? It would make me feel a little better to hear this has happened to some other people.

And for anyone that does take the Plan B Pill. It will mess with your period so be prepared! I sure wish I did a little more research on it before I had taken and waited until I got on birth control but it is all good.

And if you are worried about being pregnant on your period and you know it is your period, doing it like I did at the beginning is safe because you won't get pregnant. There is no egg in you. And well that is how I know I didn't get pregnant and because mine lasted so damn long.