Please Read. Sensitive Clitoris and Swollen Labia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My symptoms started with what looked and felt like a yeast infection under only the hood of the clitoris, once that cleared up I was still experiencing extreme sensitivity on the clitoris and/or the inner labia. My inner labia are swollen to some degree every day; sometimes sensitivity comes with this, sometimes not. When I say sensitivity I mean that every little hair, underwear or anything that touches my inner labia or clitoris is an irritant!! I can't wear underwear and I can only wear loose fitting clothing or the symptoms get worse. I've been dealing with this for 8 months now. I’ve been on a yeast-free and sugar-free diet for 4 months (this diet seems to help- even though I keep testing negative for yeast. Besides loosing 10 pounds- this diet has been AWFUL!!)

I used to feel a rawness under the clitoris hood and between the inner labia a lot, but I haven't felt this as much sense I’ve been going to the acupuncturist. It's very rare that I feel any  itchiness. My acupuncturist and the specialist seem to think these symptoms are a result from having bladder infections in the past (I have a sensitive bladder), DOES ANYONE THAT HAS A SENSITIVE BLADDER, or have had many bladder infections in the past, and HAVE SIMILAR symptoms as me?

I've seen 2 doctors and 1 specialist, none have really told me anything and ALL tests always come back negative (I was tested for herpes as well.)  I've taken Monistat, flagyl, cortizone (steroid) pills and cream and nothing has worked. The specialist has put me on a neurotransmitter medicine because she thinks the nerve endings in my vulva are misfiring, which sounds far fetched to me but at this point I'll try anything!

Is anyone else having similar issues??

you should ask your doctor about a clitoral hood infection. i had to see 3 doctors before a OBGYN told me it was that and they ended up having to cut me open and drain all the liquid out. I am having this problem again and the doctor now just gave me anti - bacterial medicines and then told me to go to the OBGYN again. My clitoral hood is sooooo swollen and my clitoris is hard underneath and feels like it is badly bruised to the touch. Hopefully this helps. :) My doctor said it was from like spa's or things like that. I went surfing and then it happend so I am thinking that it has something to do with that.
THANK  YOU for responding. I'm calling  my doctor today because I finished up the medicine she gave me and I'm still very swollen, the sensitivity went away but obviously having a swollen clitoris and inner labia isn't comfortable! I will ask her about that. However, for it's not the hood that really swollen, it's my inner labia. But my clitorus does feel very hard underneath the hood like you mentioned. As if it was eroused and stayed that way. My doesn't feel sore to touch but it doesn't feel normal either.

Questions: do you have the smemga (white stuff) built up underneath your clitoral hood?
Also, do you get little white spots under the hood? I thought it was apart of my clitoris but found out I can remove them, it's like a build up of some sort? It's like my glands aren't working properly or something and it's causing build up under my hood?!?! However, if I remove these little white spots, my clitoris swells and becomes sensitive for days before I feel better.

Hope to hear from you soon,

PC26
I just re-read what I wrote above- sorry for all the misspellings! I was typing a little too fast.
PC26...Did you recover yet? Im just wondering if it is gone away...?
No, though I tell myself everyday out loud I'm getting better very soon (positive reinforcement I suppose.) My specialist has ordered a Pelvic MRI for Dec.3. Hopefully that will show something- maybe a blockage of some sorts!! She also wants me to look up "persistant sexual stimulation" (engorgment of the clitoris- ALL the time) and see if the symptoms match mine- she said it sounds similar but she doesn't belive the inner labia would be swollen all the time- which mine are. Espeically the last 4 days. It seems the more the clitoris swells, the labia swell (which is technically what happens when a women is arroused- but not to this extent.)

I will make sure to post whatever results I hear back. Fingers crossed.
UPDATE: Nothing showed in the pelvic MRI, which in one way is good, but still frustrating that Doctors keep coming up empty handed. I researched "persistant sexual stimulation" and I definitely don't have that either. I'm still experiencing swelling in the inner labia. The sensitivity has definitely been reduced but some days are better then others still, as long as I don't wear underwear, wear loose fitting clothes and stick to the yeast free/sugar free diet (I definitley have learned to not deprive myseld fully, a little slip up here and there doesn't seem to do any harm and mentally it's helpful.) Weird thing I've noticed: having sex reduces the swelling- but only if I have sex every once in awhile, say once every 3 weeks seems to be helpful in my case. If I have sex more then that my clitoris and labia swell and become irritated. However, there seems to be some "release" that is needed by having sex every so often. I'm so sick of thinking about this and giving whatever "this" is my energy, so really the healthiest thing I've done is to just adjust my life to reduce sensitivity but never give this illiness any more thought then needed. I'm done stressing over it, it's going to leave me when it decides to leave me. I am confident it will subside fully one day, over the last 9 months it has slowly but surely gotten better.    
It sounds to me like you have a condition called Vulvodynia.  The symptoms initially are very close to a yeast infection and UTI, however Vulvodynia is not an infection.  Search it on the internet-If you have questions, let me know.  Unfortunately I am very knowledgable on the subject.  Best of luck :o)
I have similiar symptoms and was diagnosed with Vulvar Distrophy.  Ask your doctor about that.
i'm experiencing the same thing with my clitoris...sensitivity, white discharge, but also, pain during intercourse. I went to the docs and i was screened for stds and BV. All tests came back neg. I'm at a point where i want to go back and be screened for UTI and yeast. But i've had both before and this doesn't really seem like either, maybe a light version of the two combined??
i have similar symptoms. swollen clitoral hood and its hard and very painful to touch. i dont know how it came about as im a virgin. can someone please help. im only 16.
I have similar symptoms and have been seeing a specialist in Boston -Dr. Elizabeth Stewart. She actually wrote the VBook -check it out. Very useful book -the vulva/vagina encyclopaedia written in a very matter of fact fashion. At this point I am on Clobetasol (topical) and Nortriptyline (60mg)... I'm going to see Dr. S next week again and I'm hoping to get more answers but it doesn't really seem like there's much hope unfortunately.... The clobetasol seems to cause more pain for me and the meds are making it hard to get through the work day... Anyone else out there in the same boat? Burning pain, can't sit, can't run, can't have sex? Sucks. On top of all of this my husband and I were hoping to start TTC this year... Don't know how that's going to happen when we can hardly have sex... AND the nortriptyline shouldn't be taken by pregnant women...
Have you found out anything yet.  I have also been going through this for the past 9 months.  My clitoris is constantly swelled and peeling around it and sometimes I will get tears next to it which are very painful.  My doctor has tested me for everything and is at a loss.  Obviously sex is out of the question but my husband is being great about it.  I have been researching on my symptoms and came up with VIN which is a type of vulvar cancer.  I have an appointment Tuesday to hopefully explore this further.  
Hi lisafc2000-

Try looking at the website below and the explanation of vulvodynia below. I've brought this up with my specialst and she doesn't seem to think this is my problem because they're supposedly haven't beeen any reports of clitoral swelling and sensitivity. However, the majority of my swelling is now in my inner labia. I'm going to print some
the stuff on the website and bring it to my specialst nenext time. DON'T BE AFRAID TO POINT OUT STUFF OR BE PERSISTANT WITH YOUR DOCTORS. They tend to write this stuff off either becasue they think we're exaggerating or because they simply don't know what to tell us.

http://www.vulvodynia.com/faq.htm#**2.%20WHAT%20ARE%20VULVODYNIA%20AND%20VULVAR%20VESTIBULITIS?**
**2. WHAT ARE VULVODYNIA AND VULVAR VESTIBULITIS?**

Vulvodynia is a general term which means, simply and literally,
"pain in the vulva." It is not the name of a disease, but a symptom, just
like "headache." Vulvar vestibulitis is a syndrome in which there is pain
at specific points in the vulvar vestibule (the portion surrounding the
entrance to the vagina). Imagine a clock superimposed on the area, with
noon pointing towards the clitoris. Women who experience vulvar
vestibulitis tend to experience pain from the 3 o'clock position to the 9
o'clock position, as well as just inside the vaginal opening. This pain
can be sharply focalized, and there may be small sores, bumps, or what
feel like small grains of sand beneath the skin's surface in these areas.

The term vulvodynia is usually used to describe burning or
stabbing pain that is felt more diffusely throughout the vulva. Many women
have both vulvodynia and vulvar vestibulitis. In both cases, the skin
usually feels extremely dry, and tears easily, leaving tiny and painful
"fissures." Both cases may also involve "referred pain", in which the pain
feels as though it travels from the vulva to the lower body.

Although it isn't mentioned in the literature, there seems to be
another category of women who are somewhere in between having vulvar
vestibulitis and vulvodynia -- they don't have generalized vulvar pain,
but have pain (and bumps or sores) not only around the vestibule but also
around the opening to the urethra, which causes burning after urination.
Others may also experience rectal pain or itching.

On this list, both vulvodynia and vulvar vestibulitis are
frequently abbreviated "vv"; "vvs"; or "vvd."
Ok, I just created a hotmail account for us all to email because people seem to fall out of touch on this website. Seeing as how only one of the three doctors I've been to has heard of my, our, symptoms (and had no recommendation) my OBGYN specialist, Dr. Andrea Rapkin at the UCLA Medical Center, wants me to stay in touch with others who have similar situations as me. (To see my symptoms read the very top of this forum.)

Please email: ***@****

Please answer these questions and I will forward the results to my doctor. If we get a group of us together and communicating over email my specialist will have better information for research.

What are your “exact” symptoms (swelling in clitoris, labia, sensitivity, etc) ?
When did this start for you?
How long have you been experiencing pain/irritation?
Have you had bladder infections (UTI's), Cysts, or yeast infections in the past?

PLEASE, PLEASE EMAIL ME THIS SO WE CAN TRY AND FIGURE THIS OUT. I know this has been going on for some of you for only months, some years and it will be a year for me in February; and I know most of us have been to more then one doctor about it. SOMETHING is going on with us that doctors seem to be very confused about, the clitoris especially is not something the medical profession has a lot of information on, because, I'm told, it's not common for the clitoris to be affected by ailments. However, this “health issue” may not be the most common, but it’s common enough for multiple health websites to have posts/forums about it (so think about all the girls that aren’t posting.)

Some of us may end up having different ailments but emailing or staying in touch will at least let us figure that out.

Best Wishes,

PC26
Apparently this site doesn't like us to put websites or emails on here, let me try again....

needhelp2008 (at) hotmail . com
Hello,When I was young and use to masturbate my clitoris would work juss find I would reach an orgasm.I was about 11 or 12 or so.but I remember had a infection,I think it was a yeast infection.And had to take pills for it.ever since when i touch my clitoris it hurts.I dont know if takin the pills had anything to do with them but now Im almost 20 and ever since i was 12 i am not able to get any pleasure from my clitoris it still hurts until this day.I know that sounds weird but its the truth.I know it worked before,so why still after years later, why doesn't it work still?whats wrong with me,is it all in my head?Do I have to soak in warm water?Surgery?Leave it alone like I have for all these yrs in hopes of it returning to normal?Please help me?I feel so inadequate.help!

ive been searching for a while wondering what is wrong with me.to the point where i said "f*** it" thats how my body was meant to be.until i came up ad started reading this forum.and i thought i was the only one who had these problems.the clitoris has felt liek its been swollen for...7 yrs to be honest,and i truly gave up.or i have given up.i looked up smegma,and i do get it sometimes but not badly,but i dont think that has anything to do with my sensitive,no pleasure clitoris,for 7 wholllllleeee years.i was wondering could i join your group and we try and figure this out together.i would i appreciate it.i thought i was going crazy.but there are others.i hope i can join.please and thankyou.

Hey there- it's not really a group-just a forum but WELCOME. I'm so sorry you've been going through this type of thing for 7 years! Have you seen and OBGYN about it?? I made a questionaire above and sent some of the responses to my specialist who's doing research on this topic (though I haven't heard from her in 2 weeks.) Feel free to filling out the above questions, you can post them on this forum, email me or send me the answers in a message on this website (we have inbox's on this website.)

I will let you know evereything I can, it's not much, still trying to figure out what in the world this could be too, but I'm hear if you need to vent at the least. IT'S NOT IN YOUR HEAD, I actually had one doctor tell me that, but thankfully the OBGYN specialist I'm seeing now see's there is a physical problem and has witness the swelling and a small amount of white build up.

-PC26
I have had some of the same problems just as everyone has listed above.  I have been diagnosed with about 10 different things!!!  MRSA staph, yeast infections, cystic problems - you name it, they diagnosed it!!  Anyway, my 3rd trip in the hospital, I found Dr. Austin at UAB Highlands in Birmingham, Alabama!!  He has been a miracle worker.  I had surgery 1 week ago to the clitoral hood.  He removed an abcess (abscess) about the size of a kidney bean, then drained a good amount as well.  After the surgery, general anest. and about 15-20 min, he put in a pediatric feeding tube to help continue the draining.  I stayed overnight and am recovering at home now.  I have been on every antibiotic known for this and now I am not on anything!!!  He said it is NOT common but it may happen again.  Just to find someone to help and ease my pain (and my mind!) has been such a blessing!!  Just wanted to post - hopefully it can help someone.  
Any question, please post.
I forgot to say that the feeding tube feel out about a few days later.  I have a few stitches, which will dissolve, but I feel so much better.  There is still a lot of tenderness and I am still uncomfortable sitting, standing, etc.  It will take a while to get back to normal life, but it is so much better than the quality of life I was living before the surgery.  Also, he mentioned prepuce.  I have done a little searching about it.  It is associated with female circumcision.  Like I said before, it is NOT a common problem nor is it a common surgery.  Just wanted to let you know.  Maybe it can help!
Thankyou for the support,lol. and sorry for making you think that i thought this was a group. : ) But thankyou again.you said i can answer the OBGYN questionaire.Here are my answers to these questions.

-the clitoris seems and looks like its swollen underneath the hood of the clitoris, and is very sensitive.

When did this start for you?
-Since I was 11 or 12

- For 7 years,im experiencing it right now.

-Yes I remeber having a yeast infection at the age around 11 or 12, and i took a pill for it,and afetr that to be honest i think that was the root of the problem.After that yeast infection and after taking the pill,thats when the 7yr problem began.

Thanks for your help,Hopefully everything works out for us all. : )

Thanks to EVERYONE who answered my questions! I passed them along to my doctor, it's obviously not going to be reliable info for her to study but it AT THE LEAST shows her that other girls are experiencing this type of health issue. I will post any information I find out!

Please feel free to post the answers to the below questions or message me, also if you can think of anything you want to add that might be valuable information I'd appreciate it! I re-did the questions- see below. THANKS!

Questions:
When did this start for you, meaning- after sex, after a yeast infection or just out of the blue?
Have you had bladder infections (UTI's), Cysts, yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis (ex. Gardnerella, it's when the ph levels in your vaginia get all wacky and good bacteria starts becoming bad bateria) in the past?
Do you experience pain/irritation/sensitivity with the clitoris, inner labia or outer labis (or all) ?

BEST WISHES, try to stay positive  ; )

P
Thank you so much for informing us on this unknown problem. I just started having problems with swollen clitoris after having sex on this Friday. At first it seem to be a yeast infection, but now one of the inner labia is swollen. I am scared. What is the first thing I should do besides go to the doctor?
To answer the questions

What are your “exact” symptoms (swelling in clitoris, labia, sensitivity, etc) ?SWELLING IN CLITORIS AND ONE INNER LABIA
When did this start for you, meaning- after sex, after a yeast infection or just out of the blue? AFTER SEX
How long have you been experiencing pain/irritation? PAIN AND IRRITATION AFTER URINATING
Have you had bladder infections (UTI's), Cysts, yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis (ex. Gardnerella, it's when the ph levels in your vaginia get all wacky and good bacteria starts becoming bad bateria) in the past? I THINK HAVE HAD YEAST INFECTIONS,BUT I HAVE HAD BOILS IN THE LABIA BEFORE DUE TO CRHONS
Do you experience pain/irritation/sensitivity with the clitoris, inner labia or outer labis (or all) ? I DO EXPRIENCE PAIN AFTER SEX IN THE CLITORIS.
I went to the doctor on 2/18 and found out i have an CHLAMYDIA. And now on anaboitic
Did you find any diagnosis or treatment yet? I have the exact same symptoms, but they don't respond to anything. Doctors are stumped and I am ready to lose my mind!!!!
Hey!   I'm glad that I'm not alone with this but also really scared that nobody seems to have any answers yet. Im in Japan so my access to decent medicine is limited.

I suppose mine started in December. Before that I had had 3 sexual partners, all in serious relationships. 4-6 month breaks in between guys.
I started having sex with the latest boyfriend in December, before a 2 week vacation. I thought I was having yeast infection symptoms (I get them with new boyfriends) so I ignored it.  In january, I was still having trouble so I saw a doctor. I took A LOT of yeast infection medicine and the irritation went away but the discharge was still there.

Started happening everytime i had sex with the boyfriend. I'd break from sex for a week to recover and then we'd have sex. Id be fine for a couple of hours but when i woke up 5 or 6 hours later I was swollen, burning, itchy and sometimes my clitoris had torn. Recently I started wondering if it was an allergic reaction to latex or if i am allergic to my boyfriend (answers ive found on other med sites) With my first 3 boyfriends this has never happened. With the first 2 I used condoms. With the last guy I used the pill. I wonder if the absense of condom use could have given me time to develop an allergy?

I went to a gynocologist in a 3 week period and he told me there was nothing wrong with me. I asked why I was still itchy even though the swelling had gone down and I didnt have a yeast infection, for THAT appointment. He prescribed me anti itch cream. I was soooo frustrated that id be passed off as just an itchy person.

It's been off and on with the problem. Some weeks im sore and swollen, some weeks im fine. There always seems to be a bit of discharge and im okay during my period. I was at one point tested for STDs.. but its always negative.  

What has me so confused now is this week. My boyfriend has been gone for a month on business. I havent seen him at all but last week I suddenly got the symptoms again. Im currently swelling, the clitoris feels cut under the hood.. same spot as usual. there is a ton of yellow discharge and alot of irritation. The only thing that is helping is to not wear underwear or tight clothing and to put an ice pack on it.

Im going on vacation next week so im super stressed and my boyfriend is coming back next week as well. This will be a nice surprise (sorry hun, no sex for you while my vagina freaks out.. AGAIN) I want to get tested but I feel like the doctors are just going to make me pay for medicine I dont need and I want some real answers.

Anyone have news?
Oh also, have any of you been battling unrelated illnesses at the same time. I wondering if there is a connection.

In December I had the flu for 3 weeks.  Now i have had sinusitis for about a month. Im hoping the steroid anti bacterial medicine they prescribed will help with this as an added bonus.
There is a rather serious autoimmune disease called Behcet's Syndrome. This disease's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing inflammation, vaginal sores, fissures, cuts, boils, or folliculitis (ingrown hairs). Other symptoms develop years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. Also, be careful choosing a doctor, you want to see someone who know's enough to tell you what Behcet's Syndrome is all about, if they don't know that, they don't know enough to help you. It is not contagious, it just happens to people because of something in their enviroment. Visit the American Behcet's Disease Association website message board for more information.
hi, i am experiencing a lot of these same things.  i feel swollen all the time and i have small cuts on the top of my clitoris.  its pretty uncomfortable!  i was checked for stds and came out negative, but i get these almost yeast infections pretty often with some vaginal itching and i just cant seem to figure it out.  it comes and goes w my monthly cycle so its very confusing to observe!
I can't tell you exactly what is going on with you beccause I don't know enough about you, but I can tell you what  I know from seeing at least a 100 doctors over the last fifteen years trying to find out what was wrong with me. My symptoms started the way you described at age fifteen. For ten years I was told it must be herpes even though the tests were all negative. They said that the swab just didn't pick it up or it must be something new even though I told them it wasn't.. It wasn't until I started developing other symptoms over time, that I started trying to find out more answers but I still didn't know what was going on down there had anything to do with my other problems. It wasn't a GYN that finally mentioned it. It was a digestive specialist who asked me if I had genital sores and that it might not be herpes after all. I then took the new herpes blood test that proved I never had it.  I developed chronic fatique, muscle pain, arthritis, acne during flares, cranker sores at least 3 times a year, and then by fifteen years later I developed eye inflammation. That was what finally got me diagnosed. Doctors in amercia don't know much at all about this so they are waiting until people are on deaths door before they finally start treatment. Behcet's patients believe treatment needs to start sooner for better results and for a better life in the mean time. We really have to teach the medical community to inform their patients something else causes gentital sores other thatn STD's. Right now most doctors dont know this and the sickest patients are going to the only Behcet's Center in America in New York City for help. A Rheumotologist treats autoimmmune disorders (inflammatory disorders). NO tests can tell if you have it. Doctors have a big problem with that. It has to be diagnosed on symptoms alone and this bothers them because they don't know anything about it. It is simple, genital sores, mouth sores, then later eye inflammation, this is what they need to see to make the diagnosis. Waiting for eye inflammation ruined my life because I was seriously sick and no one would believe me. I couldn't work and I couldn't prove why. If it wasn't for my husband, no one would have helped me.  My Rheumotologist told me he didn't believe in this disease when I first met him. It took me a year with full blown symptoms to get him to change his mind. It wasn't unitl I finally developed scleritis in my eyes that he started my treat. Behcet's is mistakenly thought to be a middle eastern disease that affects only people with middle eastern genes. I am Irish. It is thought by doctors to be rare in the United States. Research is showing this is all wrong. Behcet's affects people in Amercia not with middle eastern genes, but rather in anyone who has any type of autoimmune disorder in there family history. It does not run in families. It is triggered but something, commonly strep throat or food poisoning, but also for unknown reasons that permantly damage the immune system. At first, you should be given antibotics to make sure you don't have some type of lingering infection, but this won't make it get better. Behcet's is a reaction your immune systems will have over and over again. Genital to gential (genital) contact ( I use condoms with my husband), stress, common illness, and injury are some of the most common reasons for flares but they can start for no reason at all. It is important to learn how to deal with stress because it can turn what would have been a mild flare into a monster. This is serious. Without treatment Behcet's attacks the vascular system (blood vessels) and most often cannot be detected by blood tests, MRI's, or CT's. At this time vasculitis is normally diagnosed only during surgeries or autopsies. If it goes untreated it can cause strokes, blood clots,  anurysums,  brain inflammation, or damage to any organ in your body.
Also, I wanted to mention yeast infection are common with Behcet's because the immune system is damaged. Also, you mentioned bladder pain. I was mistakenly diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis. It was actually the Behcet's attacking my bladder. The way we figured this out was that my problems come and go, they do not stay the way interstitial Cystitis would.
The white build up my mentioned it a substance the body makes to heal, sort of like a scab would protect other areas of your skin. It's not yeast. I also develop this on vaginal sores spots. The big thing would be to watch it, if you start noticing little cuts aswell as the inflammation I would then be concerned.
Are we sure we're all talking about the same disease?  

It sounds like half of the people posting are having yeast symptoms, vaginal tearing and swelling.  These symptoms are quite different from herpes symptoms where there are ulcer like sores.
I looked at the website for behcets and it didnt seem similar at all to yeast infections and clitoral tears that people have mentioned. Has anyone found anything better?
"vaginal tearing" as you say would not be a symptom of herpes or Behcet's, but if it is a "cut" that was not caused by an injury, this is exactly the symptoms of Herpes and Behcet's. Ask your doctor or anyone with Herpes or Behcet's, and you will see it does not cause just the uclers you imagine, but lesions "cuts" and inflammation awell as everything else I mentioned, and so does Behcet's disease. You should have read some of the messages about this on the Behcet's website. You would have found this information available repeatedly there.
Update:  So March 24th I went to another gynocologist and was told I had a yeast infection. Obviously its not going away! He thinks its probably the same yeast infection since December and its just lingering because im not getting consistant treatments. (I take a pill wait too long, take another, dont take one when i have no symptoms even though i should, etc..) I'm getting annoyed as none of the doctors before have ever suggested that I need continual treatment. Was given yet another vaginal pill and told to come back in 2 weeks after my period to make sure the symptoms are gone.  The discharge went away but the itching and sensitivity remained. Its so easy to re-tear the clitoris in the center. Even if i just brush it with my finger or wipe too hard. I hadnt had sex since February as well.

Related or not?  In february I thought I had allergies on top of everything else but in march i got diagnosed as having sinusitis. Nasal discharge, extreme headaches and sinus pressure. Went to a nose/ear/throat doctor and got put on all kinds of medicine. for 2 weeks.

I took 1 week of sinus meds. then vaginal pill a week later. Sinus pain remained so i started the sinus treatment again 1 week after the vaginal pill.  (3 weeks alternating basically)

Yesterday, I finished the sinus meds but still had pain and the vaginal itching had started again so I went to a hospital that had both a nose doctor and a gyno doctor. Apparantly the gyno doc needs an appointment BUT the nose doctor suggested that the vaginal candida may be a side effect of the medication i have been taking for sinus pain. He even blamed me for not telling the previous nose doctor that i had the vaginal symptoms. I guess since i dont have a medical degree i didnt think the problems were related :P  Should I tell him about my hang nails and dry scalp? I guess so.. or maybe he should have asked me! (sorry my post is so emotional)

What gets me is that I feel like he is ignoring the 3 month history. The fact that I had the vaginal problems well before the sinus infection.  Or maybe my flu in december that i thought i took care of was the start of the infection and all the USA meds and allergy pills i took caused the yeast?

I also found a website (stopyeast.com)  that links sinusitus to candida as both being fungal problems. The doctor confirmed that sort of.. but i just dont think so. Ugh.. i want a doctor who will listen to me and not nod their head and say "i see i see" even though i havent finished my sentence yet. I was near tears at the end of the appointment. He thinks the candida will clear up when i get rid of the sinusitus.

Next week i have an appointment with my gynocologist to get the pap smear results and maybe take more vaginal medicine if i still need it. I think i'll have to press for information on the vaginal clitoral tear issue and the sex problem more and maybe as for a hospital referral if he tells me to just deal with it. As it stands I cant have a sexual relationship or a descent work week in my current condition.   If they give me itch cream and send me away isnt that unacceptable medicine? :(   Blah!  

I hope if anyone has an insight or success with medical treatments they'll post them here!
I really understand how you are feeling. I am sick of spending all my time ganging out in doctors offiices like I have nothing better to do but give them my money. I've been there so long that  I know more about their jobs then they do, because I've seen such a board range of there system, which is of course, designed to make money. That doesn't help us. Then we are women with vaginal problems, that makes it even worst. They want it to be simple and send us out the door. That's what we want to, but right now you need and deserve more. I can't say what is going on for you, but I know you are going to have to fight for an answer. If you are persistant, eventually you will find the right answer for you. I am concerned that your symptoms suggest a weaken immune system for whatever reason, be it Behcet's or something else. The first step is to demand more tests, everything from lymes disease, epstein bar, to STD's and white blood cel counts. Also, get tested for BV, yeast, and the new more drug resistant yeast infection. Maybe also see an allergist. Allergies, sinus problems, and yeast infections, are all related the immune system. They are very commonly seen in all types of autoimmune disorders. I truely hope you the very best.
ask for a prednisolone (medrol) dose pack. See if this helps you at all.
PC26 here, yet again.

I have good news on my end-my symptoms are still slowly getting better, I'm able to control them a little better too, and I've figured out some stuff. However, I'm not sure if I'm slowly getting better or I've plateaued to an "okay but not great" level.

I'm going to list an UPDATE of my symptoms and what I do to feel better below:

MY CURRENT SYMPTOMS (It's been 1yr 2 1/2 months):
*I’m still testing NEGATIVE for yeast and STD’s so on goes the mystery illness. HA! I have taken medicines for yeast, strong steroids, and neron type stuff, etc- nothing is working, but I haven’t given up- but for now I depend on my diet (I list diet info a couple points down.)

*My inner labia, normally just my left one, still swells from time to time and can be a little itchy. No discoloration or anything. This happens mostly when I’m stressed, eating more sugar then I should and/or drinking alcohol two days in a row.

*The inside glands around the clitoris but under the hood swell normally when the labia do. However, GOOD NEWS, the inside right gland does go down now- it’s NOT swollen all the time.

IMPORTANT –READ THIS* I do see some sebum (the white stuff) under the clitoral hood, but this is NORMAL just not when there’s extra buildup- which I still sometimes have. I still have the little white dot (hard sebum buildup) that I can remove and the doctor has removed, but I’ve found I’m irritated for a week or 2 every time I do this so it’s not worth it, I do better when I just LEAVE IT ALONE.

****WHAT I DO FOR BUILD UP NOW: I buy fragrance free baby wipes and VERY gently clean under the hood and around the labia. HOWEVER, I only do this during the flare ups- I TRY TO LEAVE MY LABIA AND CLITORIS ALONE AS MUCH AS I CAN. The less I go poking around and “checking” it out, I’ve found the less it bothers me. I shower every day or every other day, so on the days I don’t I use the baby wipes to gently clean down there but I do NOT pull back my clitoris hood unless I have to!!    

MY DIET & LIFESTYLE:
*I do still have sex, I just limit how many times and such. I listen to my body. I don’t think this health issue is contagious, just annoying. I’ve been with my guy for a year and he’s A-OK. ; ) I use the regular kind of KY to help things out-just in case- which has been helpful. Anyways, do what you feel. I try not to stress about this because I still want a sex life. My boyfriend is very patient and understanding which HELPS A LOT. If your boyfriend isn’t understanding or thinks your making your symptoms up- GET A NEW BOYFRIEND AND FIND SOMEONE WHO WILL SUPPORT YOU- they are out there! If you have a husband who’s being a punk- have him read this and if he still doesn’t have sympathy- give me his number because I’ll give him a mouthful! We all deserve to have love and support!!

*I get at least 8 hours of sleep; this helps your immune system, memory, mood, and overall health. You may not need 8 hours, however get as many hours as it takes for you to feel fully rested.

*WARNING: vivid info about to follow- sorry- I no longer shave anywhere “down there.” I have found this does wonders for the sensitivity and irritation issue. I have also found that if I don’t “trim” down there it is also helpful. I’m a bit self conscious now because I feel like I’m walking around with a Congo JUNGLE between my legs but at least I’m walking around in comfort and that’s what gives me peace of mind. I just shave the bikini line so I can wear my bathing suit. And my boyfriend does his best to convince me its not that bad (love him) but I know IT is, haha. I just have to laugh about it. My Congo Jungle and I will survive. ; )

*I’m still not wearing underwear. And yes ladies, I miss my cute little bikini cut undies, and my little boy short cut undies and even the thongs that I pretend are comfortable, I miss them all, but life is so much better without them. I wear loose fitting little cotton shorts under skirts and dresses. And I buy and wear pants that fit but are a little loose-just enough so that they don’t rub and irritate “down there” when I sit and stand. I’ve also become a big fan of  cotton pants.  

*I’m sticking to the no sugar, no yeast and no alcohol diet, which mean I don’t cut these out of my life fully- I just limit them. I found taking all these things completely out of my life DEPRESSES me and that hurt me just as bad.

WHAT I EAT:  -Rice noodles (you can find these at Asian grocery stores if you live in the city, or Whole Foods, or Trader Joes or any all organic/natural food grocer.) It’s no comparison to wheat noodles but I’d rather of some kind of pasta then no pasta. These noodles are best if you follow Thai recipes (pad thai is yummy.)

-Yogurt for the cultures (I’ve read this is good and bad, it seems to be okay for me.)

-I allow myself Frozen yogurt because it has limited sugar and all those good cultures.

-Carrot Juice for my immune system (THIS IS VERY GOOD FOR YOU and people have been using it as a cure all for ages, however, it’s hard to drink, but the trick is: do half orange juice and half carrot juice and it makes it TASTE so much better!)

-Garlic (another age old medicinal food/herb/etc), it’s also good for your immune system. I eat things like garlic chicken or garlic shrimp.

-Zinc is also good for your immune system, you can find zinc in: Oysters (best source), Salmon, beans, Clams, yogurt, beef, lamb, pork, crabmeat and chicken. However, I try to stay away from red meats- I love them but they’re not as healthy for you.

-I stay away from wheat or malted cereal, wheat bread, anything yeast. I’ve bought rice flour which is tricky to use so I normally just stick to breads that don’t rise like Nan (Indian bread) and I’ve heard Rye is better to eat but I’m not sure about that.

-Corn tortilla’s or corn taco shells are safe as long as there’s no wheat flour.

-The rule- the fresher the food the better, I try to stick to but we’re all in a rush sometimes so I try to stick to my rules the best I can.

-Rice cakes, and rice chips and rice crackers (Whole Foods is a good place to find these.)

-Mozzarella cheese is okay and a good source of Calcium.

-I take Calcium and Zinc supplements. I try to limit my dairy intake BUT WOMEN NEED CALCIUM. My family has a history of osteoporosis so I take these vitamins and use rice milk.

MY LAST ADVICE FOR WHATEVER IT’S WORTH:
*I knew "stress" really caused my symptoms to flare but a recent depressing and stressful situation  (this seems to be the ultimate combo- depression AND stress = swollen uncomfortable labia and clitoris.) made me realize that even if I’m feeling better this “combo” will still cause a “flare up.” SO VERY IMPORTANT: Get enough sleep and try to think positively no matter what!! I lost 3 family members and my 16 year old cat this past year, I’m currently looking for a job in a high stress industry, I’m sliding by on my budget, and I have a long distance relationship- trust me IF I CAN THINK POSITIVELY SO CAN YOU!! Life is always going to be throwing curve balls and it may be awhile before doc’s figure out what’s wrong with us (trust I will keep bugging them) so the best thing to do IS TO LIVE LIFE and let YOU rule your life, NOT this health issue. I think about it this way on my bad days- yes I’m uncomfortable, yes I don’t think it’s fair, yes this really sucks- excuse my French, but at least I’m not lying in a hospital bed with a terminal illness or at least I have all my limbs in place, etc etc. Appreciate what you have; it makes it easier to deal with what you don’t have. Okay, I hope this helps.

Good Luck to Everyone.
I think you need a mild immune suppressant. I would try Colchicrine. It is a prescription drug made from a flower. It is the mildest immune suppressant available. It could make you feel even better than you are now. It won't happen over night, it takes a while for it to really start slowing down your flares. The vaginal inflammation will stop happening within a few months with this treatment and over all you will start to get your energy back.
I would also take minocycline, at least for a few months. I take it on a regular basis. Minocycline is an antibotic (antibiotic), so if there is an unlying infection that has not been detected, it will get rid of it. The other reason to take it is because it also has teh same ingredient in it as Humera, an immune suppresant, be in a much smaller dose. It does help control flares and it can be taken lonf term. It is a safer than the stronger immune suppressants, but they all have some risks.

I also want to suggest you get your medical records together and look at your white blood cell counts since you've had these problems. If you have had any of your white blood cells elevated or the total count has been elevated around when you are having symptoms, these are signs you are having a Behcet's flare. Wtih Behcet's you won't have an elevated SED rate like other inflammatory disorders. With Behcet's the inflammation is caused by white blood cells with no elevated SED rate.
Thanks for your info but the thing is my energy level feels fine. I feel normal in every other way- other than I sometimes walk around with swollen, sensitive labia (sometimes clitoris).I sleep 8 hours a day-or get my full rest-whenever I can because that's healthier for my body and I do notice less flare ups when I do.

And I've had my white blood cells checked during a flare up and they're normal. I've taken multiple antibiotics that prevent infections, I've taken steriods to knock out anything else and NOTHING has worked. Only my diet and mood seem to be the key at this point.

Steriods have always worked for me other wise- I have very sensitive skin so I have allergic reactions to frangranced stuff sometimes or whatever, and I tend to have rashes or sometimes hives-that baffle doctors because of how they either look or where they're at.) Anyways, steriods have always worked for my random small break outs. I'm so sick of hearing "well, I've never seen this before." And yes ladies and gents, I GO TO HIGH QUALIFIED, EXPERIENCED DOCTORS!! And yet still...... I've only had 2 really bad allergic reactions and that was long ago. I know who to control that issue.

I'm currently making a diagram of my medical history, symptoms, what causes flare ups, my diet, my lifestyle, etc. and I'm going to show it to my doctor next time (even though I literally filled out 30 pages last time I was there of questions but I believe their layout and questions aren't fully appropriate for this issue.)  And I would like to make a more detailed questionare. If and when I get the time I'm thinking of creating a blog site where I and others can vent and people can fill out this form.  

I'll look up the prescription drugs you mentioned and bring them up to my doctor. What type of doctor did you mention you started going to??

And I've had my white blood cells checked during a flare up and they're normal. I've taken multiple antibiotics that prevent infections, I've taken steroids to knock out anything else and NOTHING has worked. Only my diet and mood seem to be the key at this point.

Steroids have always worked for me other wise- I have very sensitive skin so I have allergic reactions to fragranced stuff sometimes or whatever, and I tend to have rashes or sometimes hives-that baffle doctors because of how they either look or where they're at.) Anyways, steroids have always worked for my random small breakouts. I'm so sick of hearing "well, I've never seen this before." And yes ladies and gents, I GO TO HIGH QUALIFIED, EXPERIENCED DOCTORS!! And yet still...... I've only had 2 really bad allergic reactions and that was long ago. I know who to control that issue.

I'm currently making a diagram of my medical history, symptoms, what causes flare ups, my diet, my lifestyle, etc. and I'm going to show it to my doctor next time (even though I literally filled out 30 pages last time I was there of questions but I believe their layout and questions aren't fully appropriate for this issue.)  And I would like to make a more detailed questionnaire. If and when I get the time I'm thinking of creating a blog site where others and I can vent and people can fill out this form.  

I am really glad to hear you are doing good as far as energy. I am not telling you that I know if you have Behcet's. All I'm saying is that you could have it mildly. You certainly seem to have some sort of immune system damage. Another thing that could cause your symptoms would be pinworms particularly if you have children. I've not had pinworns, but it would be something to look into because it could also be the cause for your symptoms. There is a good article about it at CNN.com.

For a very long time I didn't have much of a problem with fatique. it was about 10 years after I first started having gential (genital) symptoms that I started getting tired more often. I understand your concern about using these medications unless you really need to and understand why you need them, but I just want to offer you these suggestions as options that are available to you.

I know how lost you feel at the doctors office.  I understand how frustrated you are that  well trained doctors have no idea what it wrong with you. It makes you feel like you are some strange animal with some rare ailment that no one will ever be able to figure out. Everything feels hopeless.

It is not hopeless, there is an answer, but waiting for your doctors to find it like they do on t.v., is not going to happen. You may have very good doctors, but they are not the very, very best. They save those doctors for people like the president. You must be your own avocate. You must find the answer yourself and then go to your doctors with enough presistance and money to teach them about things they have yet to understand. Many, many things in medicine are still very much unknown by the doctors who use them. Our brains are hardly understood at all.

Just like you, I hae found eating a diet high in fruits and vegatbles, low in sugar and processed foods very helpful. I drink 8 to 12 glasses of water take a mult-vitamin, work out, and sleep 8 hours a day. All of that stuff, and it does really help. Another thing that helped me for a while, before I needed something stronger, was a herbal suppliment called Pa D' Acro inner bark. I took it as extract to get a stronger dose, it also comes in capsules and tea.

I see a Rheumatology regularly, but I also see an Internal Medicine Specialist MD, a Urologist, Gastrologist, Hemotologist, Optimologist, Gynocologist, Dermotologist, Neurologist, an Allergist and an Ears, Nose and throat Specalist. I've also seen a Nutritionalist and a General Surgeon in the past. In the beginning, I just saw local doctors which didn't help at all. I learned a long time ago that the highest educated doctors are usually far into the big cities, at least where I live anyways. I've seen a variety of these types of doctors over the years. A Rheumatologist could be a lot of help to you. Their job is to treat inflammation. They treat every type of on-going inflammatory problems. The will be able to steer you in the right direct.
I just wanted to say with Behcet's your white blood cells won't be elevated all the time, only when you are right in the middle of a very bad flare. If they can't find them in your blood, they should be able to see them on a culture. There should be white blood cells involved with all types of inflammation. Also, people with Behcet's aren't sick or tired all the time. They have flares where their symptoms come and go. Sometimes it can be six months or even more for some people between flares. Flares consist of allergy type symptoms,  eye allergies, skin allergies, etc.
I will check out a Rhematologist but as for the Behcet's- I researched it the first time you posted on here and I'm pretty positive that's not my issue. Besides "inflammation", there's no other real connection. And inflammation, as you know, can happen for many many reasons. And honestly from reading your symptoms I don't see too much of a connection between our illnesses- how they started, exact symptoms, etc.

And as for all the "highest educated doctors" being in the big cities, I Iive smack dead in the middle of a big city and I'm going to the UCLA Medical Center- I can't be much luckier to live near such a facility. I'm in a place where people fly here to see these doctors. This doesn't frustrate me more (not now at least.) I just feel that I need to expand the types of doctors (even more) that I've seen. I do believe you're right in that we have much to teach even the most educated doc's and spend mucho mula doing it (thank goodness for insurance) but I'm not hopeless and I do believe I will find more answers. I have not seen a Rhematologist as of yet and I'm curious to see what one says.

As for the pinworms- I don't have children but I will research this. And for the white blood cells- I've had my blood taken and I've been cultured more times then I can even remember in the last year. I've been poked, prodded, jabbed, given frustrated looks, given advice, ETC ETC ETC. One time I believe I had a smidge higher WBC count and I forget what they put me on, but needless to say- it didn't work.

NOW FOR ALL OF OTHERS READING THIS: Please don't feel deflated or hopeless by my above statements about my doctors- Keep in mind I DO feel better from doing the things I listed in my previous post and I, at least, have peace of mind that I've been tested for so many things and have crossed quite a few things off the possibilty list. I URGE EVERYONE TO GO SEE A DOCTOR AND ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS!! And keep in mind doctor's get frustrated too with what they don't know- but be persistant and risk sounding stupid- THEY ARE THERE TO HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to mention: I don't have sores of any kind or cuts- never have- just swelling and sensitivty. And my bladder symptoms are around all the time- they don't come and go. Basically my bladder is sensitive with my diet- the more caffinated drinks I have or if I'm not hydrated enough than I'll feel irriatation. Also, if I don't go when I have to and I hold it- this definitely increases sensitivity.I don't really get bladder infections- it's been years since I've had one- however, they were fairly frequent when I was a child.

All the doctors I've seen, including the Acupuncturist(s), think there's a relation between my past bladder issues and my current issue (I really need to give this "current issue" a name- I think I might start calling it the "Fuzzy Peach Sydrome" because I can't shave anymore- get it? Haha. Or how about- "Swelling Peach Sydrome" or maybe, "I Wish My Clitoris Would Be Normal Sydrome.")

ANYONE HAVE ANY BETTER NAMES?

Anyways-back to being serious....something inside tells me that the doc's may actually be right about the bladder/Swelling Peach Sydrome connection. Too much abuse on my bladder and taking care of myself poorly during my college years most likely, at the least, assisted the progress to my current symptoms.

PC26

Your bladder problem sounds like Interstitial Cystitis, which is a immune disorder that attacks the bladder. All autoimmune diseases are the same in that they cause inflammation and allergy symptoms. The name they place on an immune disorder is made on the type of immune damage and the area of the body it's attacking. The bladder actually serves some of the body's most important immune functions. Treatments available for interstitial Cystitis like Elmerion, won't help very much. Also, it won't hurt to look into pinworms, just to be on the safe side. You may actually be having the cuts in your bladder. Have them do a scopy to find out, and it has to be when you are having symptoms.
I was thinking the chances of pinworms is highly unlikely for you because I don't think they can live in the bladder. I think your urine would kill them, but I don't know for sure, you would want to talk to a urologist. It really sounds like Interstitial Cystitis to me.
I really thank you all for the information that you have posted.  I have stated my symptoms to my doctor numerous times and he has given me the same response that all doctors seem to.  I will try the diet suggestions and I've been meaning to start working our anyways.  I'm had this problem persist for 5 years now and have an understanding boyfriend too.  Once I show him this maybe he will understand that It's not him for sure and that it is me.  I wish that people would research this more.  It seems that men have more answers than we do.  I have already changed my diet due to erosive gastritus (forgive my spelling - it may be incorrect) and can handle more change.  However the stress in my life has been the hardest to deal with.  I have battled high depression, partially due to stress since I was 9.  This one problem didn't help either.  But since reading this ENTIRE column, I have more faith in knowing that this is one less thing to blame myself for.  I will be more persisitant with the doctor and once again to all of you.  THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION.

If you feel like talking to me directly I would appreciate it.  
I don't access these blogs often but would like to be included in futher findings and helpful hints.  My email is ***@****
I have also sufferd with depression. I thought I had herpes, that I was lazy, and the doctors even started thinking I might be crazy. No one steered me in the right direction. They just kept assuming the wrong things about me. Getting an answer took a huge weight off my shoulders. I finally knew it wasn't my fault.

Erosive gastritus could be related to Behcet's Disease. Digestive symptoms are very common. There are also certain bacteria that can cause these symptoms. An antibotic (antibiotic) like minocycline would be something to try for at least three or four months. I've been  taking it regularly for over a year now. It will help with inflammation and get rid of any bad bacteria that you may have. Take Digestive Advantage Crohn's and Colitis Formula over the counter at the drug store to get the good bacteria in your system and drink water. Stay away from sugar and white bread and take a mult-vitamin without iron. Eat meat, beans, and spinach for iron in your diet. The vitamins will help with the depression. You will be suprised how much just knowing what's wrong and just starting to treat it will help.

It may be that we are sick because of immunization shots. It could be the mercury or one of the animal viruses that the shots are tainted with that started our problems. The most known about of these viruses is HIV which came from from a monkey virus that contaminated the Polio vaccine in the 1950's. To this day, they cannot produce vaccines that are not contaminated with animal viruses. Many new diseases have developed where these shots have been introduced. Research the failure of the Polio vaccine for a better understanding of why your doctors may not want to believe you have Behcet's Syndrome. It was once believed that Behcet's Syndrome was genetic. That is only occured in people with middle eastern genes. American Behcet's Syndrome didn't appear until the 1950's, and none of the hundreds of people I have talked to have the genes once thought to be related to this disorder. Men and children can also be afflicted with this illness. I do believe woman have the hardest time proving that something is wrong, but unfortunately none of us are getting the help we need with this soon enough.

Nutrition is the bodies best defense against all illnesses. One of the reason we are sick is because we weren't getting enough nutrition which let down are defenses. Proper nutrition is no longer available through food alone because the earth has been depleted of it's nutriants.
Oh well- remember that nice little post above where I said I was feeling better- well I jinxed it, ha! My inner labia have been pretty swollen for the last 5days, but the sensitivity isn't that bad and my clitorus is okay. The swelling started after a stressful day at work and I've been drinking more alcohol then I normally allow myself (I seem to do better if I only allow myself to drink once a week or once every two weeks- this doesn't mean get drunk.)

Anyways, tonight after having sex with my boyfriend- my swelling went down- because it just does that after sex for some reason sometimes- however afterwards I noticed a little white spot on the inside of my right labia minor- looks exactly like a pimple with a white head!! Oh fun, because having a NEW thing is just what I wanted to happen, ha!

Anyways, this "pimple" looks similar to what I get under the clitoral hood sometimes but a bigger version. I'm not touching it or popping it because the ones under my clitoral hood don't really bother me and will go away if I leave them alone.

I'll keep you posted...

PC26
The bump on my left labia minor is almost entirely gone- it's only been a couple of days- I've made sure to get a lot of sleep and drink a lot of water- only a little extra sensitivity came along with it- thank goodness. I just left it alone and it seems to be going away. Hopefully it will be completely gone soon.

I just just came across this thread and it seems I'm not alone!  I've been experiencing a swollen clitoris for a few years now, it's not dead painful, just kind of throbs and swells and looks really red, I guess you could say irritated. I'm 36 and never used to suffer with this until a few years back, maybe it's age related?

It's usually like this for a week or so, gets a little better then starts again. I have been trying to figure out what causes it for ages..and I can't. I've tried changing my diet, my washing detergent, shower soap...the lot.

I haven't seen a doctor about it but I have a friend who's in the medical profession and he took a look at it for me, when it was at it's most swollen. He recommended that I keep it well lubed and get plenty of air to the area, he also recommended that I go see the doc. (which I haven't yet) and get it checked out. He also thought my inner lips looked rather swollen although it's mainly my clitoris. He told me to cover the area in live yoghurt for a few days in case it was yeast causing the probs, although I'm not itchy, just swollen and throbbing.

I find that rubbing or having lube/cream rubbed into my clitoris seems to soothe it for a while, my friend used a cream that felt very cold but I can't remember the name off hand, he rubbed it in gently and it did seem to help for a while, but of course this leads to orgasm and after this I'm back to square one.. I just want it to go back to normal after orgasm, like it should do. My friend advised me to take it easy in this area for a few days but that doesn't work either. He also mentioned something about clitoral adhesions but I would need to be examined by my doctor.

I don't wear undies but have to wear pantyhose to work so (don't laugh) I cut a whole in the front seems to allow my clitoris to kind of peek out and get some air :) it also makes things a little easier when I have to visit the wash room to rub in a little lube as I find I have to do this quite a few times a day at work to keep things relatively comfortable.

Anyway I'm sat here typing this, legs akimbo over the sides of the chair and looking down at my clitoris now, I'm swollen swollen swollen and when I touch it, it throbs. : (

Any help or ideas will be welcome.
Hi Everyone,

I'm so thankful to have run across this thread. I'm F'ing sick of what's going on in my genital area.

This is my story in point form:

First off I'm 22 years old, live a fairly healthy lifestyle, and may be only slightly over weight. 5 foot 9 and 160 pounds.

-Went on birth control at 16, shortly after I had my first period.
-for several years I suffered from chronic bladder infections. One every few months, sometimes so bad that I had blood in my urine. I took antibiotics and often just relied on Cranberry products (or as I like to call it, Goddess Berry) to cure my urinary tract.
- My GP was terrible, he never gave me much information on bladder infections and once said to me "If you come in with a bladder infection one more time, I'm going to have to talk to you about something I don't want to". What the F? Idiot, I recently found a new, female GP.
- In August 2007 I suffered from a very harsh urinary tract, kidney infection. I basically went into shock: had a high fever, swinging temperatures, shakes, and much pain. I had that "cured" with antibiotics.
-at the end of August I went off birth control (i'd been on Depo Provera for several years, then most recently Tri-cyclen). I was looking forward to having some of my first "natural periods".
-after 6 months, I still hadn't had a period. I took a home pregnancy test: negative. I had recently been under the most amount of stress I'd ever been, so I thought maybe that was the cause, and that I'd have my period soon as my stress had significantly subsided. Nothing came and my fabulous partner strongly encouraged me to see my GP again.
-at this point, I was still with the idiot GP and he ran a few tests: checked my hormone levels, blood sugar levels (I have a history of diabetes in my family), gave me a pregnancy and pap test, and also checked for possible cysts. Everything came up normal. So, my stupid GP said I may have "sleepy ovaries" from being on the pill for 7 years.
- another two months went by, still no period. I wasn't really experiencing pain, but the smell of my discharge was changing. I was getting worried, thinking I really needed to shed my lining. I was also growing more hair on my face, nipples, and "treasure trail" than ever before. My mood was consistently happy.
- my partner did some research on the internet and came up with something I might have called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Many sites said that this is due excess testosterone and insulin in the body. I had so many of the same symptoms.
- I talked to my GP about it, asked for an ultrasound, but he said it was unnecessary. I said "get me into see a GYNO".

- after not having a period for 10 months, I finally got into a gyno. He was great, and thought right away, just by looking at my new hair growth, that I did in fact have increased testosterone and insulin levels. He didn't however, after checking me vaginally, think that I had polycystic ovary syndrome. This syndrome is a SIDE EFFECT of too much testosterone and insulin. It's caused from not being able to dispel eggs which in turn form into tiny cysts. So the Gyno sent me off with Novo-Provone?, progesterone pills and about 15 days later, I had a period.

-during this whole ordeal of not having a period, having a lot of testosterone, I was incredibly horny. I had sex with my partner nearly everyday and sometimes masturbated up to 5 times in a row (with my shower head). Nothing seemed to quell my insistently aroused clitorus.

-after one of these masturbation marathons, the right side of my vulva became inflamed. It didn't really hurt, but it was very embarrassing, as you can imagine. My partner was coming home in a few days and I was hoping it would subside if I stayed off of it. This was extremely difficult.

- the right side of my inner labia stayed inflamed/ballooned for weeks. Sometimes it seemed to help if I had an orgasm, other times it just ballooned me up again.

-the swelling started to become hard, almost like a callous, but then after about 3 weeks, began to subside. I thought phew, that's over.

-then I had this EXTREMELY intense itch on my clitoris. I felt like I couldn't go anywhere because I had to constantly relieve my self by rubbing the burning itch away. I bought some Vagisil and temporarily took away my pain and discomfort.

-my partner thought I might have yeast infection but I said no, I'm not producing any extra white/yeasty discharge and my vaginal opening is not itchy, it's just my clitoris. My partner thought maybe I had gotten bacteria under my clitoral hood.

-The other day, after having a bowel movement, I was in so much pain that I thought I should take a look at what's going on with my anus (this sounds so funny, yet it's so depressing) and I saw a lump on the outside of my anus. I thought, OMG, I have hemorrhoids, could I honestly have one more f'ing thing wrong with my junk. I looked that up on the internet, and I may have an external hemorrhoid, I haven't had it checked out yet as it hasn't caused me too much discomfort. (i'm adding this part because I read in someone's post that these vulva lumps can be also found on the anus)

- Now, recently my vulva has been very itchy on the right side, not just under the clit hood. Also, my skin feels tight, dry, and as if it could rip very easily. There is more swelling, not just in the original spot, but now more "folds" seem to be forming. I am so uncomfortable, I feel as though I need to swim in a bath of vagasil or constantly rub myself.

-Now, today I see these little white lumps forming. They are all different shapes and are not much bigger than an apple seed. WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?! I feeel like crying.

So, today I typed in inner labia lumps and I found this site. HELP!?!?! NEEDS MORAL SUPPORT.

-about two months ago, there was a little bit of blood on the toilet paper after having a bowel movement. Not a lot, just a speck or two. After pooping ( ha ha) I experiences pain and intense itching.
Oops, the last point was supposed to be a little further up. Before the extreme itch of my clitorus.

Also, has anyone tried putting vaseline on there dry, tearable inner labia's? I think that may help restore some moisture.
Hello. I read your posts. You gave us a lot of information, thank you. First of all, you had problems with bladder infections, correct? You've had to take antibotics many times for that problem? It is possible that you have a lingering bacteria infection? Maybe you need to take a different course of antibotic (antibiotic) for a few months? Some of your symptoms could be related to polycystic ovary syndrome and the effects of a hormone imbalance. You should be checked for yeast and BV regularly, even if you don't appear to have any symptoms. You may be having these problems mildly due to the hormone imbalance or  a bladder infection or both. The hemorrhoids need to be looked at, but they should be fine. It means you are not getting enough fiber in your diet. There is one thing that really concerns me about your story and that is the shower head. I used a shower head to masterbate. What happened was I almost died from a very serious kidney and bladder infection a few days later. I am not kidding. The shower water is water and full of bad bacteria and it only takes a few drops of that water to shoot up your uretha (pee hole), and get you sick. It seemed like such a good idea to me at the time, I had no idea it would make me so sick. Could this be a reason for the on-going infections or for a resistant infection that you haven't been able to get clear up easily?
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my symptoms.

I haven't actually had any bladder infections since last August, but, I do know how bacteria can linger and only sometimes be symptomatic.
What is BV?
I've used a shower head to masterbate for years and years, and onetime I am positive it was the direct cause of a bladder infection. I am currently trying to ween myself off of it, but it's hard, but I know it needs to be done. Not only for my health, but also because it wastes so much water.

I've used the shower head much less since I've had troubles with my labia, but still have sex with my partner fairly frequently.

Thanks again,
Burning69
I loved the shower head and tubs and all that until I got a fever of 105. I actually passed out on the way to the hospital. It was the sickest I've ever been in my life. The doctors said I could have died. I really felt like I might. It's the kidney infection that was so dangerous. BV is an infection, but not from bad bacteria. It is when your own chemisty, your own natural bacteria is not balanced. It means one of the bacteria that are normally present on people has over grown and caused your PH balance to be off. This can happend if you are with a new partner because you are not use to their chemistry, a partner who has been with another partner because you would then be exposed to that chemisty even if your partner washed himself this chemisty would linger on them but not cause them any problems it is only a female problem, you have health problems like the polycystic ovary syndrome, or you are introducing bacteria to the area in some way. Even touching yourself without washing your hands first could cause this to happen. I would do the soap test. Soap up in the shower and see how foamy the soap becomes. If it's really foaming a ton and possibly has a bad smell, that means the soap is reacting to your PH balance and that would be a sign that your PH balance is off.  Your doctor has a special medication to treat this type of infection. I recommend you get one of those bullet shaped vibrators. I am telling you, the shower will be nothing compared to this and it won't make you sick, but you should always wash it down with rubbing alcohol everytime you are done with it. Anyways the bullet is awesome and much more powerful. You'll be done in a few minutes and save tons of water!!! You'll never even think about the shower again. I hope I've been able to help. I wonder how many of us woman have had these problems? I've never had an opportunity to tell anyone about this happening to me before.
I just wanted to explain it is bad bacteria that cause kidney and bladder infections. It was bad bacteria that almost killed me. BV can also cause a type of bladder infection, but it's not the same as the infections from bad bacteria so the tests they use to detect bad bacteria would not pick it up. In order to tell if you have a BV infection a specific test for BV must be done. BV usually won't cause a person any problems. A lot of woman walk around with BV without even knowing it...but who wants to have a fishier smelling crotch then they reallly need to? It can be hard for us to tell a difference when we naturally have a sort of fishy smell about us...but with BV that fishy smell will be worse particularly after sex...and who wants that?
Part 1 to Sansa544:

Nope you're not alone, and I KNOW HOW THAT FEELS- it's awful- that's why I started this forum- you can't imagine what a relief it was to see posts on here for the first time- funny how other people's "posts" can make one feel better.

Ok, 1st- GO SEE A DOCTOR- NO EXCUSES!!! I don't care about the time or money- DO IT!!!!!!! Now, like the majority of us your OBGYN will probably look at you stupid and tell you it's something it's not, BUT YOU NEED TO GO GET CHECKED OUT!! There are certain STD's or diseases that will cause more damage if they're left untreated (and if it CAN be treated then you GREAT.)

We're all a little scare, frustrated, and down right pissed we have these symptoms- and it's not fun going to the doctor- BUT YOU NEED GO. Please. The more of us that go- the more of a chance WE all have of doctors being able to help us.

As for your symptoms- putting a hole in your panty hose is a good idea in my opinion- for me the more air the better. However, you said putting "lube" has helped make things more comfortable- at first it did for me too but my flares were more frequent when I was using any form of lubrication (KY or Neosporin). Now that I leave it ALONE and wipe myself down everyonce in awhile with an unfrangrenced baby wipe things are much better- but that may just be my body.  

And as for you diet- have you kind of changed your diet- have only changed it for a month? Try changing your diet LONG-TERM to the suggestions I wrote in a few posts above and see what happens. I don't know where you live so you may not have easy access to a natural food store or you may not have the money (I don't-ha, but I make it work.) However, there are things you can get at the regular old Vons, Safeway, Ralphs, Giant, Food Lion, or whatever grocery store you have.

OH IMPORTANT, stay hydrated, get 8 hours of sleep, AND DON'T HOLD YOUR BLADDER- go when you have to go, it's easier on the nerves in your clitoris. This stuff works for me- hopefully it helps you too.

PART 2 TO BURNING69-

First off, love your name and your sense of humor!!! I think it’s good to keep a sense of humor during what your going through- if I didn’t laugh myself, I would cry- so I try to stay light hearted.

Anyways, no I do not put Vaseline on my labia- mine are not dry- I actually have the opposite of a problem. When I have flares I generally have more discharge which irritates me so I have to make sure to keep it dry down there. Usually, the more air your labia/clitoris/vagina gets the better- it should be kept cool and dry. Bacteria and yeast thrive in moist, hot places.

However, it’s not good if you feel yours is EXTRA dry, like about to crack. I don’t experience that so I don’t want to comment on it. However, I would suggest to only where cotton underwear- or better yet- no underwear at all.

As for the masturbation thing, I was never a showerhead girl myself- yes I know- unusual it seems, ha, but I would probably steer clear of the showerhead for now (maybe treat yourself every ONCE in awhile- taking away what you love is never a good thing.)  ; )

Also, have you tried going on a yeast free, sugar free diet (you don’t have to be SUPER strict but TRY to stick to it day, 75% of the time.)  This needs to be a LONG TERM  diet, not something you do for a week or month, but forever until you (WE) get some answers. I CAN HONESTLY SAY I FEEL BETTER WHEN I STICK TO THIS DIET, GET SLEEP, STAY HYDRATED, LEAVE MY CLITORIS AND LABIA ALONE UNLESS I’M HAVING SEX OR MASTERBATING (masturbating) (which I limit), AND DON’T WEAR UNDERWEAR.

“If doctors won’t help, then I’ll help myself!” Quote of my day!

The white lumps, since I recently just had one appear I’ve researched them (I just checked a bit ago and it’s gone- just a tiny, tiny white spot- no lump.) I’ve read that they can be ingrown hairs or tiny vaginal cyst (which are basically like a zit). I left mine alone- I put an “off limits sign up” and it worked…..for now. Will they be back, I don’t know. I’ll bring it up with my doctor next time I see her. I did get the white bump after having sex, no sex- no touch- bye bye bump.

The anal conversation: I’ve gotten a lump back there once too. When the doc put me on some neuron medicine stuff to try to “reset” my nerves (the side effects weren’t worth it so I stopped the meds) but I became VERY constipated for the first time in my life- and a bump back there appeared and some blood on the tissue (like you mentioned.) Once I stopped the medication this all went away for me.

QUESTION: Are you constipated or are you normally? If you are seeing you blood definitely call or see your doctor- that’s NOT a good sign.

Hope I helped. Please keep your sense of humor!    

Best of luck.

PC26
SORRY for all those typos above! I only had so much time to type- hope it all makes sense.

p.s. TO EVERYONE: Once I'm finished creating my chart of my past medical history, lifestyle and current symptoms- I'm thinking of creating a website that would allow everyone to fill out and submit their own chart (the chart would be a template but it would also allow someone to insert additional info as well). This way doctors can see there's more then one woman going through this- and we can connect similarities or differences much easier then skimming through posts.

DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO ANYONE? And does anyone have any suggestions?
I am currently dealing with the same problem, my inner labia is swollen. Except I am 26, and this year was the 1st time I ever had a yeast infection/BV.  Ever since then, I have had irritation to the point I rub myself to sleep.  I am always dry down there and and keep neosporin on it at night just for some type of I have BV, and it will not go away.
HI Beautiful problem,

I too recently had my real first yeast infections!? What the f? The dryness is hell, I use vaseline sometimes in lieu of Vagisil or Cortasone (i know I spelt that wrong).
I've had similar problems too

baldder/kidney infections
a short term bowel problem at one point that went away.

and now this week I thought i was getting a yeast infection
and to my surprise i now have sore swollen labia's (yeah, both sides)

Does anyone think its maybe a reaction to the pads we are using.
I was wondering that since i've had on and off spotting for the last three weeks
due to getting off depo provera (stopped using it almost 4 months ago)

I was also wondering how everyone else is doing?
It's been almost a month since the last post.

hows everyones lame vaginas?
Hi there-

It could be a reaction to the pads your using but I think my problem is more severe than that. I use to use pads but haven't for a year now. I hate tampons but I have to use them now or there's just too much irritation. I don't use anything at night, just a towel to protect my sheets- whatever I can do to NOT irritate down there- I do.

As for my health- I've still been sticking to the yeast free/sugar free diet and I feel much better (along with the other stuff I've listed above). I still eat my Dreyer's frozen yogurt and pasta every once in a while (and I can't deny drinking alcohol from time to time) but I really regulate it and I'm doing good. I become swollen sometimes but not too sensitive. I haven't been to the doctor in a while because even with insurance it gets expensive and honestly, it's been nice to have a break from them. THOUGH ANYONE WHO HASN'T BEEN TO A DOCTOR- GO!!

That's all for me.

-PC26

Wow, finally a site that is exacatly what I'm going through!! I'm 34, married,13 yrs. same guy, one child, have thyroid disease, fibromyalgia and to top it off an itchy flower! My grandmother always called it a flower so..here I am with an EXTREMLY itchy flower. Mine started last June 07'. I've had ultrasounds/biopsy's/blood tests..etc..been to the OBGYN/ family Dr and dermatologists that have all given me different types of creams and pills (you guys mentioned above already) and just this week the Dr. put me on Diflucan for 7 days to see if that helps. She suggested that my next step be the infectious disease specialist...which of course makes me seem like I'm a lepper!
and just in case I Forgot to mention,  I don't sleep around..and my  husband would be too scarred to cheat on me....Gotta love older brothers and uncles that carry guns for a living! ☺
I did get a lot of great advice and I am going to look up many of the disorders mentioned above! Sorry you are all going through this, but you have to admit, it does make me feel better that were not alone!
I just wish our Dr's could find a cure!!
Thanks so much!

YES PADS AND TAMPONS ARE THE DEVIL and are extremely disruptive of the natural ecosystem that your vagina has created. Let me tell you...

Pads and tampons contain bleaches (to whiten cotton from it's natural colour), scents (to mask your supposed stinky vag. You are not stinky... and if you are, you have an infection and should not mask the symptoms with vag deodorizers... they make the problem much much much much worse. Treat your foul-smelling discharge appropriately, go to the doctor!) and are overall extremely damaging for the environment.

I've not boughten a box of tampons or pads since I was 17. I am now 22.

I first realized that I didn't like a cotton wad sitting in my vag for hours and decided to switch to pads. But pads are smelly and the plastic covering made me itchy. I started making my own pads. My DIY pads are simply: a flannel covering, two layers of terry cloth, and a thicker cotton or denim bottom layer to absorb any possible leaks. I used a pad as a pattern. These pads did not make me itch, I've reused them hundreds of time, they're cheap, and it makes me feel good to take control of my own menstrual care. If you're not into sewing you can buy a similar product over the internet such as "Lunar Pads".  Here is something I've copy and pasted from a site:
----------
Why use cloth menstrual pads?

After all, you are used to using disposable menstrual pads - you like their convenience - so why change?

There are many reasons to change to using cloth menstrual pads. Some of them include:

Improve your health by reducing your exposure to harmful chemicals. Disposable pads contain a myriad of chemicals and additives which serve to increase their absorbancy and keep them looking white and bright but these chemicals don't do you any good at all.

Your genital tissue is highly sensitive, and these chemicals are easily absorbed into your body, causing irritation and discomfort in the process. We already live in increasingly polluted environments, so it makes sense to reduce your exposure to chemicals in any way you can.

Increased comfort - Because Pleasure PussT cloth menstrual pads are made from natural cotton fabrics, they are cool and comfortable to wear. Unlike plastic used in disposable pads, cotton allows your skin to breathe, reducing the likelihood of fungal infections.

Natural cotton is also unlikely to cause any irritation to your sensitive skin. And lets face it - that part of your body is one of the most sensitive parts of your whole person - so be nice to it.

In addition, Pleasure Puss Cloth Menstrual Pads don't have any sticky bits on them to get stuck to your skin, your pubic hair or your underwear - No ouch here.

Convenience - By using cloth menstrual pads you always have fresh, clean pads on hand when you need them - meaning there are no more last minute dashes to the shop.

Pleasure Puss Cloth pads work just as well as disposables - Cloth Pads have come a long way from the days of sticking rags in your underwear. Pleasure Puss Pads are a one piece design - just like disposables. They are superslim just like disposables. They are absorbent just like disposables and Pleasure Puss have a leakproof layer running the length and breadth of the pad saving your clothes - helping you feel confident that your pad will not let you down.

You'll get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that at least in one small way you are not contributing more rubbish to our already overloaded world. The statistics on how many tampons and sanitary pads that are added to landfill each year are frightening. In most cases they don't break down, nor are they recycled. By using cloth pads, you can help reverse this trend and leave the world a better place.

You will feel more in touch with your body - it is amazing what effect the process of no longer throwing your blood in the garbage has on your relationship to your body and your periods. Many women have reported on how using cloth pads has changed their attitude to themselves - positively.

You will save money - Investing in good quality cloth pads will cost you only a small percentage of what disposables are costing you now.

(http://www.menstruation.com.au/menstrualproducts/whyuse.html)

----------
Okay this message is in two parts because apparently I've exceeded the 8000 character limit.

Continued...

If you have vulvar skin conditions it is a MUST that you switch to cotton pads. People like us, with very sensitive skin, have a horrific time during our periods if we are sticking to ******, damaging, sdjbg;dfngdpghnk;jdnfsfbgk;dflmg (**** pads and tampons **** me off) "feminine hygiene products".

Okay, so now I don't only use pads. I also use something called the DivaCup, it is wonderful and someday, when women smarten up and quite buying into the abject ideas of corporate menstrual products, it will take over the menstrual world. I love the DivaCup and I will let it speak for itself. Here are a few things I've taken off their website. Read more than I'm willing to post here at www.divacup.com. The DivaCup is available for $40 at any London Drugs and will last you up to 10 years. Can you imagine only spending $40 on period products in a decade? Any way, here is some awesome info from www.divacup.com:

The DivaCup to the rescue!!!

The DivaCup is a non-absorbent menstrual cup that simply collects menstrual flow. It is inserted in the vagina and sits at the lower base of the vaginal canal. It is worn internally, yet because it is soft and smooth, it cannot be felt nor will it leak when inserted properly.

The DivaCup is the most clean and convenient method of feminine hygiene protection. No need to touch the flow. It is worn low in the vagina, not near the cervix, so it is easy to remove. No mess!

The DivaCup ends hassles with unreliable disposables in endless absorbencies, shapes and styles. It is perfect for all activities – giving women true freedom without the worry, guessing and unreliability that disposable feminine hygiene products pose.

The DivaCup can be worn for up to 12 hours before emptying, washing and reinserting for use for another 12 hours. It can be used for light or moderate flows and is emptied more often to accommodate heavy flows.  Perfect for overnight use.

The DivaCup’s expert, proprietary, patent-pending features make it comfortable and assures ease of use and reliability. Perfect for traveling, running, biking, hiking, dancing, camping, swimming, diving, scuba, yoga, extreme sports and more...

Latex-free, plastic-free, hypoallergenic

No dyes, colors or additives

Comfortable, reliable

Clean, convenient, easy-to-use

Worn for up to 12 hours at a time

(and may I add that there is no risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome)

----------------

Like a tampon, when your flow is very heavy, you may leak so I suggest that you wear a cotton panty liner when you are at the peak of your cycle.

I should also add that the Diva Cup has a very neat feature: it is also a measuring cup so you are able to track how much you've bled!

If any one wants to ask me more about the Diva Cup please feel free, I'm an advocate of alternative menstrual products and love to talk about how beneficial they are for our cunts and environment.

Suggested reading:

**** by Inga Musico . Order it online at http://www.amazon.com/****-Declaration-Independence-Expanded-Updated/dp/1580050751/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220495686&sr=8-1

I love this book, it introduced me to alternative menstrual products, taking back derogatory names for the vagina (such as ****), and was an over all great read that made me so happy to be a woman.

The Camera My Mother Gave Me by Susanna Kaysen Order it online at http://www.amazon.com/Camera-My-Mother-Gave-Me/dp/0679763430/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220495803&sr=1-1

This book is one woman's journey through a painful, incurable vaginal disorder. It's funny, it's relatable, and if you're going through vaginal ****, it helps to read about this woman's journey. I read it in one day when I was .... 18?

OK... there have been a few developments in my own case and I'm going to post an email that I just sent to one of the MedHelp members. Sorry to laze out like this, I've just done a lot of typing and don't feel like rewriting it for a group audience:

I've gone through a few different cycles, one of them being a very dry vulva which included peeling! That was terrifying. It's only happened once though.

My vulva isn't as dry anymore, but it's swollen on one side and the other side is forming into many different vertical layers, if that makes sense. The swollen side is lumpy and also a bit layered.

I've gone to my GP many times. The things I've tried are cortisone cream (though I suggest getting a cortisone ointment because it helps with the dryness) and has been effective in keeping away rashes and itchiness if applied a few times a day. This is a product that you can pick up at a drugstore, it's over the counter. Just use a small amount and don't apply it more than four times a day. At first I was putting in my clitoral hood but I've stopped that and I seem to be less irritated.

I've tried a stronger steroid called fusidic acid. It irritated me a little but controlled the irritation with the cortisone cream. I used it for several weeks and found that it took the swelling down a little but by no means completely dissipated the swelling.

No one suggested this to me but I've boughten vitamin E capsules which I break open and spread onto my vulva. It soothes and is good to control scarring. I'm not sure if this has any healing effects but I use this when I feel i'm becoming too dependent on the cortisone.

I also have environmental allergies so I've stopped using scented laundry detergent (especially for my underwear) and double rinse my clothes. I also have stopped using dryer lint sheets as they contain more irritable scents.

Don't use scented soap. If anything, use a mild baby soap. I just use my hand and warm water to wash.

My doctor told me to have vinegar baths but I found these to make my situation worse. Baking soda is a little better though I've only done that once.

My doctor doesn't know what the hell is going on so I'm waiting to see a dermatologist. I'm pretty sure that I have Lichen Simplex.

Do you have any other areas of irritation on your body? I've been getting little itchy bumps on my abdomen, chest, ankles, heels, arms, and hands. Also one of my ear canals has been bleeding and on some sites I've seen that linked to Lichen Simplex.

This has been a very frustrating experience for me. It has taken away my sexual confidence and sometimes makes sex painful as touching and rubbing is irritating.

You need to get to some sort of a doctor. Though I haven't had one yet, I know that a punch biopsy is crucial for diagnosing vulvar conditions and ruling out vulvar cancer.

Hang tough leighdy, this isn't an easy go.

That's it for now... but I'll  be back soon with a poem that I wrote about my very disruptive gynecological situation.

Love,
Burning69

Oops, apparently I'm too fowl for this discussion group. Please mind all the ****** that were involuntarily added.

I'm a writer, with my first book coming out in less than two weeks! I've found my condition to be extremely disruptive of my creative process.

Here is my UNEDITED poem:

Who could write
when they're attempting to quit smoking, because maybe
it is the root cause of some unknown disorder
                                                                             — by doctor, by internet, by self —
that plagues between the thighs

Pruritus at night, at work, on bikes, during girl on
girl. Who could think
of anything other?

O, nocturnal infections
wake me at night, rubbing
Oooo good, Oooohhh ow! Rubbing
swelling, lichenification, likened
to a calloused middle finger
as if my vulva has been up all night
writing. Oh, share the f'ing words, won't you?

The smoking: not smoking, should I buy a pack? Should I just bum one
off the scrub I lent one to last week? Oh, I haven't smoked
for two days. Oh, maybe
Megan won't mind if I ask for a drag
just after I said
                                       "seriously, I'm quitting"

At work my hands
are down my pants, and yes
I keep getting caught
for it. I just want them to know
I'm not sick,
perverted
or horny.
I'm in irritation.

But instead we both pretend
that I was doing up my fallen fly
adjusting a camel toe.

I step out for a walk. Around the block
I light up a smoke.

-------------

I hope that that poem may help some of you... make you laugh at least.

Hang in their sisters.
I wish everyone the best of luck in finding out whats wrong with them.
My vag has resumed back to its normal self after switching pads and buying a ph balance feminine wash.

good luck guys
i  came in search of ans i got more questions i am young trying to figure out what the problem is. i know for one that doctors  arent aware of whats happening , i am from the caribbean so the issue is wide spread . thanks for the comments they help  me gain some sort of understanding  of what  is happening .my symptoms are in line with the first set  bladder infections,yeast BV sensitive clit  with the white coveringon clit ,swollen labia . so i think i am gonna try some of those suggestions.
I have yet to see my OBgyn...but about 3 days ago i shaved and noticed that my right labia was swollen...It doesn't really hurt and its soft so i'm really confused and it seems like the other side is slightly swollen now. I'm 7 months pregnant and haven't had sex for like 2 months since my husband has been out in a buisness trip...but he'll be back in a few days and i don't want to have sex just in case...My obgyn cant see me till tuesday of next week and he gets back Saturday :(....I don't think what i have is as serious as everyone here but did the sympotoms start out like this?....i don't notice anything getting better at the moment. Just looking for some advice and reffrence as to what the first sympoms are...i have no pain but they are swollen...Thanks
Hi everyone... I have just recently stumbled upon this community and am having many of the symptoms listed above. I have had many UTIs in the past sometimes as frequent as monthly and now my labia has become VERY swollen and extremely dry and irritated... anyone still here?
Hi everyone, I also experienced the problems above with fierce itching and extreme sensitivity in my clitoris that lasted for months.  I was begining to feel like I would never be rid of it. I became miserable when I read that my sweet tooth might be contributing to the problem, especially when symptoms persisted even after I tried cut sugar out of my diet. I had all but lost hope until I found one doctor who knew exactly how to treat me and I recommend him to you all.  You see in my search for a cure I finally turned to our Heavenly Father for help.  I prayed earnestly for the forgiveness of all my sins, I thanked him wholeheartedly for all the blessings he brought to my life and I promised to serve and follow him faithfully before begging him to heal me of this depressing problem.  And, by the grace of our great physician Jesus Christ, a week later the problems were completely gone. Hallelujah!  Don't wait months like I did hopping from treatment to treatment and probable solution to probable solution. This suffering is too great for that. Seek God first and his righteousness and all other things will be added onto you!  There is nothing he can't fix. Praise the Lord!
Hello all,

I just wanted to write on here as well for i to am having some of the symptoms listed. It started about 3 weeks for me. It started with a yest infection and lasted for about a week, in that week i was taking Miconazole, a 7 day treatment. At the same time i would urine and would be somewhat painful. I stated drinking lots of cranberry juice and it had help only a little. soon after the 7 days i had gotten on my period, my yest seem to have gone but my (what i think i have) UTI is still here. About 3 days later (to now) i started to feel more pain as i urine and notice my urine was cloudy. After that i hoped in the shower and felt the need to shave, when i did i notice my clit was very swollen. I woke up this morning and my clit was very sensitive, i'm a little worried, so much has happen in just 3 weeks! i'm gonna get a hold of a OBGYN and have them take a look at it.

i was also wondering did anyone else started off like i did?

Thank you all for reading and trying to find out whats going on with us all, best of wishes.
Sorry, i did not include what type of yest infecrion i had, it was an external yest infection.

Hello, I don't know where the rest of the posters went. However, I started having clitoral pain about a week ago - no burning or itching, yet somehow my doctor thinks it's an yeast infection. Personally, I'm trying to wait it out and currently using heavy amounts of acidophilus, vinegar washes, and wearing loose cotton panties. It's incredibly annoying. Everytime I walk, or sit too long it hurts!!! I'm also surprised at how out of the blue this situation happened. I wish you luck!

L.M
well this sounds like some of the symptoms i was having about 8 months ago. i couldn't make it stop and tried EVERYTHING. finally what worked for me was 5 straight days of d*ouching with water and vinegar (you can buy a cheap store brand full of 4 for about a dollar). you do it once a day continuously. i hope this works for others!!!

p.s. i know it sounds like such a simple solution that can't possibly work, but it does!

Hey,

You were also having clitoral pain associated with yeast infection? Or more closely related to Lydia88's symptoms? If it's clitoral pain, how do you feel now? Ok?

Thanks!

L.M
it's me again, here i sit reading back to see if any one else has found an answer...and well, it's no. i have had this problem since july of 2007. I am currently with a new Dr who is very sweet and is starting from ground zero (not what i want) but I am being patient..because I've waited this long.... it's not the pads, its' not the food, it not my diet ( because I eat no junk food) the creams don't work...I really am at my wits end. The itch, the soreness around the labia and clitoris is to die for! it's amazing at how it goes and comes and it comes just enough to drive you crazy and send evry nerve up your body on end. It's a feeling i dont wish on my worse enemy (ok, maybe my pain in the butt neighbor)  anyhow, The numerous biopsy's come back negative and after we do this last round of yeast infection killer as i call it ( which, i don't have) we will do a skin graft of my labia (which, I have been told by the doctor is her last  resort because it will be painful) wondering if any of you have had this? I'm 35 going crazy with all my hormones, and my beautiful flower keeps wilting away! i read somewhere that all these symptoms with no visual proof is an underlining cause for cancer...have any of you read that in your research? I read alot and that is my problem..... keeping the faith, but down below is losing it!
im only 15, and im having the symptoms of a swollen clitoris and white discharge. i had a rash about a couple weeks ago and its gone now, but everything is still swollen and it hurts really bad. i went to an OBGYN and she is going to lance it and said it was a possible cyst that needed to be drained. ive had sex once before, and it seems like after that all these problems started occuring . . do you think this could be possibly an STD ? im so scared and have no idea whats wrong wth me and was wondering if any of you could give me some answers . thanks.
I cant believe this! I have had these exact symptoms for such a long time now- I thought it was normal and I would just have to deal with it. For some reason part of the time it is ok and part of the time not.

When it goes through a bad stage and I can't have sex at all, my partner gets down because he doesn't quite understand this- he thinks sometimes I just cant be bothered or worse that I am unnatracted to him. I can tell he feels slightly emasculated by only being able to have sex when I feel like it (which is all the time by the way!) but I can tell he sees it as a bit of the 'I've got a headache' senario.  
I can deal with it affecting me but not putting our relationship under strain- I wish it was more widely spoken about so that men were aware that this is a real problem, especially when your doctors are telling you theres nothing wrong!!

Perhaps this is where that myth that a woman's sexual appetite reduces as they age comes from- more women than we realise could be suffering from this sort of discomfort which manifests itself in this way- but what have they got to back it up with? Or more important, what is the solution?
Just like everyone else... "I'm having the same problems." It began a few days before my period, lasted through the period, and about a week after that. My vagina was cake like (like flour and water), plus it was itching, burning, and discharging. When I rubbed or scratched it (sometimes I had to) my vagina lips (labia) and clitoris began to swell. At one point I even had a boil (an abscess)... about the size of a golf ball, growing on my inner thigh (which had never occured before).

First I thought I had an STD or HIV... but I forever and always stayed protected and with one person at that... but it was an option. I went to the clininc and tested negative on the STD and HIV... but positive for a Urinary Tract Infection. I was givin antibotics (some pills because the cream wouldn't have felt right) for the UTI and for the boil (to flush out my blood flow) and drank plent of cranberry juice. Days later the boil busted and my UTI was way better... due to the fact that the boil was holding all that infectious bacteria.

So through all this I believe most of our problems are between a Urinary Tract and Yeast Infection. I barely ever use the washroom... due to the fact that I'm a student and hate using our school bathroom which is very disgusting... so I'm forced to wait till I get home. Holding my urine for long periods of time have caused me to get a UTI before... which I think is my problem as well. It's very unhealthy and I recommend everyone just USE THE BATHROOM!!

As far as ways to reduce the pain... DO NOT DOUCHE!! All it does is flush the bacteria back in your canal and can worsen or prolong your  problems.
As far as the yeast infection... those our sometimes caused due to low PH levels... and to get them back up you can rub/soak/bath your vagina in baking soda. It doesn't burn and it's actually soothing. Do it for a few days and you'll feel a difference.

Hope everyone gets better and I'm happy for you if you're already better... cause it's very uncomfortable and we just want to live or lives women!
My labia is swollen and i have a lot of discharge. i am finding it very uncomfortable and it irritates me when i wear loose cotton underwear i have even tried just wearing very loose fitted trousers but it still feels very itchy and irritates me. i am going to the doctors this week about it but i am pregnant and i am worried that they are going to tell me that this has affected my baby does anyone know if symptoms like this can affect your pregnancy?
It has been a while since I posted. Now 3 yrs of this issue, skin peeling on labia and clitoris hood, worse with yeast, I cut out yeast for 3 months and it got better for a month and then reverted back for no particular reason.  Did the whole dr.  thing, they find nothing wrong with me.  In the beginning I had 2 yeast infections and then one bacterial vaginosis infection, this was after giving birth and being put on the IUD, which was removed.  I dont use tampons, certain toilet papers irritate the girl below, only wear cotton panties.  None of these issues occurred before I had my 2nd child.  I'm 33, long married in a happy commited relationship. Sex feels like rug burn and I'm allergic to all lubricants even the glycerine free....I find that vaseline on outer lips...I know I know is the only thing that works.  Very frustrating. My father recently informed me he has had the similar issues as a male since he was 8 sensitivity to detergents, underwear, etc.  I do have skin conditions, acne, eczema (very minor) and I'm pretty sure dermatitis so I am careful to everything i put on my skin and dont use soap down below, just water...everything irritates.  I had these same symptoms as a child and seemed to outgrow but after the birth of my second child they seemed to reappear.  I am thinking from research that I probably have some type of dermatitis, lichen sclerosus, and a hormonal imbalance from my child bearing.  I have suffered from complex migraines since the age of 8 and after the birth of each child, they have disappeared so I believe this all to be some how connected.  itching seems to disappear with period as well as rug burn sex, only to return after period ends. I know there are thyroid imbalances in my dads side of the family and I'm trying to get family history to figure it all out.  I also know with weather changes the rest of my skin ..mexico hot humid to cold and no humidity, seems to fall off of my face. Many observations over time and trying to find a dr. that actually listens as well and isnt looking for their money and kicking my *** out the door.  let me know of any similar experiences.  I am a healthy, active mom, in good shape, eats well, doesnt even like and rarely has sugar, ready to take on the world and please my man kind of woman who has been plagued by this issue for years and open to any and all answers or feedback. Hang in there ladies, we will figure it out.
Here is some info that I found useful when I started experiencing these symptoms:

There are two main types of vulvar pain:

Localised vulvodynia (vulvar vestibulitis)
Vulvar vestibulitis is pain or burning sensation caused by something touching the vestibule. Pain is caused by sexual intercourse, insertion of tampons, riding a bicycle, gynaecological examination, tight clothes, any situation where the vestibule is touched. There is usually no pain if the area is not touched. Vulvar vestibulitis is diagnosed by touching the vestibule with a Q-tip. Even light pressure such as this can cause pain.

Generalised (dysesthetic) vulvodynia
Generalised or dysesthetic vulvodynia is pain, burning, stinging or rawness on or around the vulva, labia, vestibule, clitoris or perineum most of the time, whatever they are doing. It is not dependent upon touch or pressure but this can nevertheless exacerbate the symptoms. Urination may cause pain and burning. Sexual activity is sometimes so painful as to be impossible, while at other times there may be little or no pain. Generalised vulvodynia is diagnosed when there is a history of constant pain with no visible cause or other identifiable disorder.

Vulvodynia can have a profound sometimes devastating effect on a woman since it may affect her social life, work and domestic functioning, her ability to simply sit in a chair, her sexual relationships and may cause intense depression.

Although treatment is available (local anaesthetic ointments, antidepressants, anticonvulsants) to treat these pain conditions, vulvodynia can sometimes be difficult to treat. Studies are looking into new treatments.

For further information:
The Vulvodynia Survival Guide by H. Glazer and G. Rodke, New Harbinger.
National Vulvodynia Association http://www.nva.org
International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal

Commenting on Vulva swelling and discomfort as well as discharge thinking it is a yeast infection when it is not.  It is called Lechen Sclerosis and it is an autoimmune disease.  When you have one you
end up with more autoimmune diseases.  Thyroid disease is the most
common.  Have your Doctor run autoimmune panel first steroid cream
is the only way to make it better.
Found you by accident, researching  my psoriasis.

Try this:
First of all; try a Dermatologist, not a gyno.

1) Ask your Doctor to try Naftin, a really good anti-fungal. (Just in case.)

2) Clean that hood carefully:
(you might want to have a glass or two of wine first)
Buy a waterpic. use warm water, set to LOWEST SETTING.
Go all around the sides and top.
Don't keep going if it hurts, or is just too sensitive. You have to build up a tolerance. Come back tomorrow.
If it seems to help, use a little vinegar, or something you would feel safe douching with.

3) Don't be alarmed if you orgasm; don't become addicted to the waterpic.

4) You may want to consider having your hood surgically opened.

5) You may also want to explore:
Hiradenitis suppurativa
Acanthosis
Fox Fordyce
I have a lot of these symptoms, but for me, it started after an assault.  I immediately thought stds and the stress was unimaginable because I had to wait 3 months for herpes and HIV tests to be accurate.  Finally all tests were negative, but the symptoms remain and 2 gyns have no idea, other than bacterial vaginosis, which I've never had before.  Creams and pills still did nothing.  I also have a yellow discharge (been 4 months now) and a creepy crawly prickly sensation from my clitoris to my rectum.  It feels like a UTI, hemorrhoids, but I don't have those.  Also, it doesn't burn when I pee, but it comes out very warm.  The labia swelling and clitoral sensitivity began after I used a cream for BV, and it hasn't gone away.  My kegel muscle feels sore too.  Its best when I lay down, and worsens with activity.  I don't know if my assailant infected me w/ some unknown disease, or if the stress from the assault is playing a number on me.  I just want a name for what this is!!!
Hi all, i had similar symptoms as above a couple of years ago. Sensitivity and swollen and reddish clitoral.  I went to a sexual Dysfunction expert called Dr. kellogg in Philadelphia and she found an ingrown hair that had led to an infection.  The dr. had to remove the ingrown hair-it was really painful as you can imagine and then I was given clobestol.  Eventually it healed and I was back to normal.  Now I am having  similar symptoms and am wondering if it is happening again.  I started reapplying Clobestol again to the area and it is irritating for about an hour in my lower area but then it subsides.  Just thought I'd share.
Has anyone had any luck with this? This is my first time posting but i have had tis problem for about 6 months now. It comes and goes. It first appeared for one week, only in one spot right on my clitoris. It went away for a few months, but i was always very careful and nervous that it would reappear. A few days ago, it started to get irritated for the third time. It can sometimes get so painful that i cant concentrate.
More than anything, i am worried about my mental health. I want to stay positive, but it is so hard when this is happening and ther are no answers. Anyone have any alternative medicine suggestions? I am fed up with the doctors i have been seeing.

Sending you all my solidarity.
Hey all,

I just found this list and read through all your comments.  It sounds like there are quite a few different issues going through here.  Mine are similar to those of the original post - swollen labia (one side or the other, but never both sides at once) and clitoris, along with itching, particularly under the clitoral hood.  

I'm 34 years old and I've had problems with frequent UTIs and yeast infections for the past ten years.  I got my first UTI on my honeymoon and have averaged two per year since then.  I'm starting to think, however, that most of my 'yeast infections' weren't caused by yeast at all.  Treating them with Monstat usually helped, but sometimes only very briefly.  About seven or eight months ago I noticed my first bout of swelling - I noticed it right after sex, but the intense itching had been around for a few days prior.

I freaked out and called my doctor (a GP, not a gynocologist).  By the time of the appointment (three days later) the swelling had reduced significantly and she found nothing really wrong.  She suggested that it might be an allergic reaction, but we were at a loss as to what might've triggered it, as I'd tried no new soaps or detergents or anything else.

Since then, it's come back several times.  I've discovered that taking an antihistimine like Benedryl has given me some relief, though usually only temporarily.  I stopped using the soap I'd been using in the shower (Castille soap) and switched to body wash, but that didn't stop the outbreaks.  I tried not wearing underwear, but find that my discharge is greater during outbreaks and without underwear I feel too damp and exposed to be comfortable.

I'm pregnant now and my OBGYN hasn't found anything unusual in any of her tests or PAP smears, though I haven't told her about this issue specifically.  Since getting pregnant, I had no trouble at all until just recently.  

Over the past week, I thought I had a yeast infection and my OBGYN suggested a 7-day round of Monostat (she trusted my self-diagnosis and suggested this over the phone).  It helped somewhat, but now, three days after the round finished, my labia is swollen and itchy and ridiculously sensitive to the touch.  I noticed that the moist wipes at the doctor's office (had an appointment the day before yesterday) were Castille wipes, and I got a flu shot, but otherwise, once again, I have no probable cause for a flare up.

I'm not supposed to take oral antihistimines because of the baby, but my doc approved the Benedryl cream.  It tried a dab of it on the swelling tonight and initally it burned.  Yikes.  Big mistake, I thought.  But now it feels much better.  I don't think the swelling has gone down much, but the itch is pretty much gone.

I really, really don't want to just 'live with' this for the rest of my life.  It affects my sex life with my husband as well as my general sense of well-being.  Plus, it's no fun being itchy and in pain for days or weeks at a time.  After my daughter is born, I plan to track down a cause for all of this and get it taken care of.  For now, the tests and treatments might not be good for the little one, so I'll wait and hope to have few to no outbreaks for the next four or five months. Wish me luck; I know I'll need it.

I want to thank all of you ladies for your detailed listing of symptoms and treatments.  It's great to know that I'm not the only one this happens to.  Makes me feel less freaky.
I have this problem (swollen labia, hurt to walk), and just wanted to give an update.  I went to a Gyn. specialist, and he took a test and I have a type of yeast infection that doesn't respond well to medicine.  I think it was candita glabratta.  He prescribed 200 mg of fluconazole tablets to take orally once/week.  Plus he prescribed these boric(?) acid vag suppositories to take 1-3x/week.  I feel a lot better.  He said that a combination of the bike riding I did over the summer and the amoxacillin caused it.  I can walk and sit more comfortably now.  It doesn't take me a week to recover from sex anymore.  I had a test and they said I don't have it anymore.  I'm almost symptom free, so they said I should just take the vag suppositories until I feel completely better.  This started over the summer, and the symptoms were subsiding a lot before I finally got in to see the Dr., and after a month on the medicine, this is where I am.  Before I saw the Dr, I was wearing only skirts with no hose (wear thigh highs, knee socks, boots), sleeping with no underwear and wearing only cotton ones, I was using an over-the-counter anti-itch cream (1-2%hydrocort) on it, and sometimes I was wearing boxers instead of regular underwear.  I was taking the underwear off when I got home.  I cut out  sugar, breads, pretzels, and most junk almost entirely.  I bought yogurt with sugar substitute in it, and took probiotics (align) for a couple of months.  I was listening to my body and not doing things that bugged it, like sitting on the affected area.  I also think it would have helped if I bought larger regular underwear.  Good luck!
I've got the same issues everyone else seems to have- swollen labia, sensitive clitoris, an overall feeling of over-sensitivity/irritation/burning that seems to come from nowhere.  I also have issues with headaches, my digestive tract and some slight anxiety issues.  I've mentioned all of these symptoms to my doctors and haven't had any helpful diagnoses.  

Instead of trying to treat all of these things as separate issues, I treat them like symptoms of one issue- nerves!  So I try to eat a diet rich in omega-3's (I also take fish oil supplements) and B vitamins, and keep away from caffeine, very acidic foods, alcohol and refined sugars.  I always notice these symptoms worse when I've been eating an unhealthy diet or stressing too much, so I treat it all as one auto-immune/anxiety disorder and that's been helping.  I also eat yogurt everyday to keep myself from being prone to yeast infections and to resupply my body with healthy probiotics.  

Does anyone else use this approach as well?
I feel like I just joined a club. I am monogamous and STD-free. I started experiencing a seriously itchy clitoris problem after having and clearing a bacterial infection, so I think in my case the anitbiotics might be the right track (I'm on flagyl). I was amazed however that cortizone does nothing to relieve the swelling and itching! It has been going on for 2 weeks now with no improvement and I, like most of you have been a bit miserable at times. If this goes on much longer, I may take the advice of Estelle02; though I am healthy and fit, removing my vices (coffee and beer) could make me even more cranky!  Thanks for your help; I will keep all posted on whether the flagyl works.
Hi, I'm 16 years old and just recently got swelling in the clitoral area. I've had it for four days, and yesterday being the fifth, I went to the doctors. She was shocked to see how swollen it was, she thought I had it for longer. But she told me it was an abscess and it freaks me out. It was the size of a grape apparently, and I'm basically on bed rest because the more I move, the bigger it gets. She gave me some antibiotics to get rid of it. It hurts to sit, lay, and walk certain ways. At three am this morning i woke up to feeling wetness on my bed and me. I thought it was just my period, but when I turned on the light it was clear and a little bloody. The abscess popped. It pusses out blood and clear liquid in my case and it made the swelling go down, but only slightly. It also gives off a foul smell that made me nearly gag. I still get a shooting pain, but more like occassional sting to it. It's really scaring me and I don't know whether to just let it be and wait to go to the doctor for my follow up, or go now.. Please help:(
Hi, I'm experiencing a abscess in the clitoral area. I am 16 years old and this has never happens to me before. I just went to the doctor yesterday and gave me some antibiotics to treat it. But the thing is is that it popped this morning, and it's trying to drain out. I'm soaking it and taking my pills every six hours like she said to, but I was wondering if this was bad. If I should go back to the doctors now, instead of waiting till Saturday for my follow up.

Please help, this has never happened to me before and its scaring me :(
I'm having this problem right now, I just went yesterday and let my obgyn numb it and drain it but this morning it was bigger than yesterday and hurt a lot worse. I was going to go to the ER but when I went to pee and wiped I noticed that there was a little but of yellow on the toilet paper along with blood. I went and got a mirror and got more toilet paper and kept wiping beside of it and above it and more came out. It drained it's self for like 12 mins. Now it's a whole lot smaller and not as sore. It drained more after I took a hot bath with sea salt in it. You can also use Epsom salt. When I went to the dr. they gave me cypro and I think that had a lot to do with it. I feel a lot better now. If you have anymore questions about it email me and I will help the best I can. lavon_1992***@****
Also do not squeeze a place like this. If you do and it pops the opposite way it will go into your blood stream and you will get them all over your body. I know this because my mother has them and they got into her blood stream, she gets them in her eyes and mouth and everywhere else now.  It is also hereditary.
How long does the clitoris stay sensitive after sex?
I've been having this problem also. It's just good to see that I'm not alone..
Have them check your sweat glands.  I had a horrible infection in my sweat glands that only surfaced  when they swelled to a point where they had to be lanced.  it was awful but instantly cured a number of different issues.  Including swollen labia , sensitive clitoris and intermittent odor.  Best of luck!!
I am having the exact symptoms you are talking about but thought it was brought on by pregnancy. I didn't get this until about the 2nd month (I am now finishing month 5). I was hoping it would go away after birth but am now worried knowing that others suffer with the same thing that aren't pregnant! Please keep us updated and I'll post more if my doctor figures anything out.