Please Stop the Yaz

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Please Stop the Yaz

I have been on Yaz for just over two years. I was just scheduled for gall bladder surgery. This is the final straw. The list of side effects on the prescription does not even begin to touch the harm that this little pill can and will do to your body. I wish I had found this site sooner. Night sweats, trouble sleeping, eye pain, dizziness/loss of balance, headaches, fullness in my head, hearing loss, heart palpatations, inflammation on my lumbar spine, sudden anger issues, loss of energy, numerous upper respiratory infections, acid reflux, pain after eating, gall bladder disease.......are just a few of my side effects. After a clean bill of health in March of 09 I began to fall apart in August and it continues today. It is getting progressively worse. It is nearly impossible to find a doctor willing to link all of this to Yaz. I finally found an internest who said, "We like to see scientific proof, but I think there is enough chatter out there to take you off of Yaz." She has another patient who swears the Yaz caused her to get gall stones. Two weeks later mine were discovered. I have been diagnosed with several ailments which no one was willing to connect and the only explanation for why I was getting them was that, "I am gettting to that age," I am 39 and 3 months. My husband has refused to buy that explanation all along. It is too conincidental. Force the issue with your doctors. Go straight to an internal medicine doctor. Don't let them send you from specialist to specialist, like they did me. I got the same answer every time. "Yes we see the heart palpatations but we don't know why you are getting them. Try to reduce your stress and caffeine." An ER visit, 2 MRI's, ultrasound, 3 rounds of steroids, more blodd test than I care to count, several rounds of antibiotics which then led to chronic yeast infections, all to be told it is just because I am turning 40 sometime in the near future. Hogwash! Yes I said hogwash. Keep harassing your doctors or changing doctors until someone listens. Whatever you do stop the Yaz. I finally did. I hope losing a major organ and partial hearing loss are the only permanent damage.
  • Yaz (1 replies):
    Hello I am a 16 year old female and I am on yaz birth co...[more]
  • long periods (1 replies):
    about 2 months ago i had my gall bladder removed, ever s...[more]
  • Yaz and how effective it is. (1 replies):
    I am on Yaz for 5 months now and had normal periods the ...[more]
  • Yaz (2 replies):
    I have been taking Yaz for about a year and a half and m...[more]
  • is this normal? (2 replies):
    Hi, my period normally comes at the end of the month. In...[more]
Hi There

I represent a firm that is sueing Yaz and may be able to get you some form of compensation. Did you have your gall bladder out? If you have, what you need to do i call this number 877-436-0114. This is the number of an organization that will put you in touch with a group of lawyers looking after this class action lawsuit. You're entitlement I think will be over $3000, I'm not sure though so its something you would need to discuss with them. Give them a call and see if theres anything they can do for you.

Fiona
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
krichar commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals