Please help! I always smell like pee

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Please help! I always smell like pee

Im a 22 yrs old. Every morning i wake up i smell like pee. I wake up during the night to the bathroom but when i wake up in the morning i still smell like pee. Its very strong sour odor. I want to get this cured because it is very annoying. I have to shower every morning because of the smell. I dont have body order any where else but down there in my vagina. I want to cure this before i get married and move in with my husband. Any advice???? I havent been able to go to the doctor since last year in may. I was tested for transmitted disease and it all came back negative. Please help this is very embarassing.
Go back to the ob-gyn.  Explain the exact problem.  If you can stand to, don't shower that morning, so the ob can tell you whether there is a smell that  another person can notice, or not.  Get swabbed for BV (bacterial vaginosis).  Discuss the possibility of a disease of the kidney or some other kind of infection.  Get going.  Don't let embarrassment stop you, you need to solve this.
Normal vaginal odor varies depending upon the personal hygiene, hormone levels(they vary during periods and ovulation), birth control pill use and recent intercourse.Normally there is no odor from the vagina.

But if you are having any odor and that too of urine then the possibility of vesicovaginal or ureterovaginal fistula needs to be ruled out.Ureterovaginal fistula is a communication between the distal ureter and the vagina and vesicovaginal fistula is a free communication between the urinary bladder and the vagina. The urine bypasses the bladder and flows into the vagina.Mostly it causes urinary incontinence but if it is small then it can cause little leakage of urine from vagina and hence smell of urine.Can be found after caeserians and hysterectomy.

The other possibilities that need evaluation are bacterial vaginosis, excessive sweating, lost tampon in the vagina,lodged condom or pathology of cervix or vagina.I would suggest that you consult a gynecologist and get a pelvic examination and investigations like vaginal swabs, intravenous pyelography and cystography done. Treatment is dependent on the confirmation of diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

KTowne commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
Shannon79 commented on cheekyhalfs's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals