Please tell me what's going on with my body!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Ok so I normally track my ovulation/period schedule pretty religiously. However last week I didn't look or track anything and ended up having unprotected sex the day after my predicted ovulation day and the day after that(so twice). I'm not on any type of birth control but he did "pull out" so I didn't freak out too much. Then today (three days since last having sex and 5 days since my last ovulation) I found brown discharge on my underwear and so I put on a pad. About an hour later I went to the bathroom and wiped (sorry for the tmi) and there was a small amount of bright red blood and there was nothing on the pad. Still several hours later there is nothing when I wipe or on the pad! So now I am freaking out. There are all types of sites saying that pretty much what I have is implantation bleeding. I'm not ready for that kind of responsibility so I could really use a second opinion on what could be happening. I should also add that for the past 3 or so days I've had really mild cramps and today my brests were a little sore (this is normal for me on my period)
I've tried to think of what it could be and I've come up with a few explanations:
I think this happened before when I was a lot younger and it was just my period two weeks early and I think I was stressed about having a lot going on (much like I am now) so I think it could be that.
Also I have done a lot of core workouts yesterday and today, could that cause any of this?
Please respond! I'm getting quite nervous!
Brown vaginal discharge is most often associated with old endometrial tissues. In other words, if your period is late you might get a brown, rather than red, discharge. It could also mean that for whatever reason during your last menses the entire uterine lining failed to make a timely exit. In some cases however there is cause for concern like  cervical cancer, pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), menopause, or sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea and  Chlamydia .You should consult a gynecologist who will physically examine the local area and may consider tests.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.