Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

I have PCOS and i know that if you take meds that you can get pregnant on your own but if you cant get pregnant on your own what can they do to help you get pregnant?
my sister has pcos she had been trying for a baby for over a year then was refered to a fertility clinic where she was put on clomid for 6 months(she was only supposed to be on it for 3months) but she still never fell pregnant so they took her off the meds because they said they obviously were not going to work so they put her on the waiting list for ivf but told her there was an 18 month waiting list but 2 or 3 months after stopping the meds she found out she was pregnant and had fell on her own so dont give up it can happen my sister had almost given up and she thought ivf was her only chance to have a baby but she is now almost 16 wks and baby is doing great. take care and  good luck.
PCOS can also be controlled by diet and excersise. I have PCOS and I was on Metformin for three months and I became pregnant with my now 5 month old son. Do a little research on PCOS and you'll find a lot of info to help yourself. If your dr is not very proactive with it, get a new dr also. You have to be your own advocate, but having a supportive dr helps also. : )
I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15 and put on birth control to regulate my periods. My boyfriend and I decided to try to get pregnant and 2 or 3 weeks off the pill I was pregnant and am now almost 13 weeks. I lost about 50lbs which I think has a lot to do with it as well. Good luck!