Women's Health Community
Polycystic ovarian disease problems..
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Polycystic ovarian disease problems..

I was diagnosed with PCOD about 2 months ago and have been taking medicine for it (Metformin, 3 times a day).

It made me very nausaus the first 2 weeks or so, but the doctor said it was normal.  After those 2 weeks, however, I still randomly feel sick and now I have to be careful to watch what I eat because it seems like my stomach is a lot more sensitive now. In fact, I lost 5 pounds over these 3 months because of this sensitivity.  I know that this medicine takes a couple months to help control hormones, but its now the third month that I've been taking the medication and I've missed my period 2 times in a row (April and May).  This isn't abnormal for me though; I skip periods anyway even before I had this medication.
But is this normal to still randomly feel sick, to be sensitive to food, could it also be causing me to skip periods?

Also, I have a lot of hair growth because of this PCOD. On my arms, stomach, and even..though embarassing to say this..even little hairs around my nipples.  I've tried making them less noticeable, but my skin is hyper sensitive and makes it worse.
Any advice?  I'm at a loss and feel so helpless because I hide these hair problems from everyone, but what do I do now because summer is coming???

Anyone else experience this? Any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Lyra