Popped sebaceous cyst!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Popped sebaceous cyst!

Hi the other day i discovered a small lump near my inner thigh but more on my vagina lips...i did some research over the net and on here and it sounds like it is a sebaceous cyst (small hard lump just under my skin)

I read up that your not meant to pop it and should just leave it and it should go down on its own accord, however after going to the toilet i wiped myself and noticed that it has popped slightly...im worried it could get infected now and was wondering should i cover it up with anything or leave it as it is. I heard they can become infected after they pop and i really dont want that to happen.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thankyou very much x
you should keep it clean (salt in the bath helps) and see the doctor. I had a cyst in the bartholans gland, which turned into an abcess (abscess), which had to be excised and drained, it came back twice so I had to get antibiotics and ive been ok since