Positive dollar tree, negative first response

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I got a faint positive on a dollar tree test yesterday with urine that was not diluted and I got a negative test on a first response with a full bladder. Can the dilution of urine affect the outcome of early detection of hcg? cant find info on this?

Thanks a bunch
Avatar n tn
how does the digital work i wonder. say if a test got a faint line not a dark one. does the digital only detect what would be considered a dark line.  it is hard to put into words do you get my drift?
Avatar n tn
I appreciate it. I am a week late which is why i cant figure out why i cant get a strong positive. but i know that everyone is different with when they get a positive. i have all symptoms except for really sore boobs. they are sometimes sore. I have increased sense of smell, cervix is really high hasnt dropped since ovulation, up at night with nausea, tired, moody, aversions to foods, thin cervical mucus all the time, purple bluish vagina, you name it i have it and i am not imagining it. each day i feel worse. i am not saying i am but if not then something else is wrong. oh well. i am sorry for wasting your time. i will stop posting.

thanks.
Avatar n tn
Just FYI, I took a digital and it said not pregnant, and 3 days later, I had a hunch, I took a clear blue easy and it was positive. Both test were done in plenty of time to detect the hormone. 6 days after period was due, and 9 days after.

Just syaing, perosnally have found the digitals to be innacurate.

Avatar n tn
i just feel stupid at this point. like i am crazy or something. i am not longing to have a baby right now because i have a 7 month and i just love him but it always exciting, at least to me, when i think that i may be pregnancy because i have such a happy family and i have no problems with adding to it. so i dont know what to do now.  thanks you for the comments. if i was to retest if af dosnt show at all which should i purchase?
Avatar n tn
Heya, have a look on peeonastick.com theres a kinda low down on tests there, I dont know if its been added to but theres things on there like digi tests accurate or not etc. I personally would use first responce cos the ink is pink and is easier to tell from an evap line. Maybe wait a few more days like said above maybe that will be enough. Hope u get the answer u want!
Avatar n tn
Digital and non-digital both worked for me... digital said "Pregnant" and the non-digital indicated it was positive.
Avatar n tn
when I was getting SUPER faint lines I got a neg on first response yet a positive on equte (the line one.. now I think they are + ones) and Answer Early

good Luck.. if nothing else, take another test tomorrow with first morning urine or urine you have held for 4 hourse
are you taking your bbt's? have they stayed high?
Avatar n tn
i dont temp. i dont know what is high
Avatar n tn
thank to all for your input. much appreciated!
Avatar n tn
what did you mean by "the line one..now i think are + one"? Thanks
Avatar n tn
nevermind now i know what you meant! were you in fact pregnant?
Avatar n tn
I am having the exact same syptoms (symptoms) as you and similarly feel like I'm going crazy.  Please let us know how things come out for you.  I'm 6 days late, have the same discharge you describe, and I feel yucky.  I've spent a small fortune on pregnancy tests and feel like a complete idiot.  They're all negative, but I don't feel right.  I'll look forward to hearing how things turn out for you.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, every PG test differ. They detect differently depending on how much of mIU levels are in your system at that time. If you get a PG test that will detect a level at 50 mIU, then if you're only 30 mIU along, it'll say "negative". Whereas, if you get a PG test that will detect it at 15-25 mIU, your test will read "positive". I found the following website that has a listing of PG Test Brands and how much mIU each Brand claims to detect. Good luck!

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html
Avatar n tn
I will keep you updated. I know what you mean by feeling like and idot. I told my husband that he doesnt have to deal with the after math of sex and missed periods and feeling like ****. I used a walmart brand this morning but i only had it in my stream for 5 seconds and it said to have it in the urine for at least 10 seconds. so oops i screwed that one up. i will retest on sunday morning. if i wake up at 3:00 in the morning do i use that urine or when i would usually wake up. Thanks. You keep me updated as well! good luck.

ps. each day i feel worse when it comes to feeling like i am just worn out and down. I also feel bloated all the time. no sign of period though. i have been having cramps since monday but it is just a tad bit diff from period. it is more of a dull ache.
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
12 mins ago
KAnuCmEY commented on photo
42 mins ago
KAnuCmEY uploaded a new photo
47 mins ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals