Aa
A
A
Close
Possibility of pregnancy without uterus and cervix
This may sound stupid I know, but is it possible to have an ectopic pregnancy when you have only ovaries and tubes? I am all of a sudden in the past couple of weeks had weight gain, fatigue, my breast are bigger and hurting on a daily basis and there has been some nausea.  I had a partial hysterectomy and they removed my cervix and uterus, but left my tubes and ovaries.  I don't think this is possible, but the symptoms are familiar to me as being pregnant.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
130384 tn?1221596627
I think the answer is 'no', but hopefully someone else knows for sure.  Without a cervix I can't see how the sperm would have a way to get to the egg.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
There is a possiblity but it is very slim. If you google it you can read more about it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
134578 tn?1463413330
Try a home pregnancy test.  There might have been a way for sperm to get in there.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks to everyone who posted a comment back.  I did google it and found things I din't even know about such as abdominal pregnancies, that take place in the abdominal cavity.  WOW!  I really didn't think without the cervix and uterus it could happen, but I guess anything is possible!  I'll get a test later and see what it shows....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
2020005 tn?1472427714
Blank
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
35 mins ago
2020005 tn?1472427714
Blank