Possibility of pregnancy without uterus and cervix

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

This may sound stupid I know, but is it possible to have an ectopic pregnancy when you have only ovaries and tubes? I am all of a sudden in the past couple of weeks had weight gain, fatigue, my breast are bigger and hurting on a daily basis and there has been some nausea.  I had a partial hysterectomy and they removed my cervix and uterus, but left my tubes and ovaries.  I don't think this is possible, but the symptoms are familiar to me as being pregnant.
I think the answer is 'no', but hopefully someone else knows for sure.  Without a cervix I can't see how the sperm would have a way to get to the egg.
Avatar n tn
There is a possiblity but it is very slim. If you google it you can read more about it.
Try a home pregnancy test.  There might have been a way for sperm to get in there.
Avatar n tn
Thanks to everyone who posted a comment back.  I did google it and found things I din't even know about such as abdominal pregnancies, that take place in the abdominal cavity.  WOW!  I really didn't think without the cervix and uterus it could happen, but I guess anything is possible!  I'll get a test later and see what it shows....
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on KTowne's status
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
Aug 23
krichar commented on photo
Aug 23
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals