Women's Health Community
Possibility of pregnancy without uterus and cervix
About This Community:

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Possibility of pregnancy without uterus and cervix

This may sound stupid I know, but is it possible to have an ectopic pregnancy when you have only ovaries and tubes? I am all of a sudden in the past couple of weeks had weight gain, fatigue, my breast are bigger and hurting on a daily basis and there has been some nausea.  I had a partial hysterectomy and they removed my cervix and uterus, but left my tubes and ovaries.  I don't think this is possible, but the symptoms are familiar to me as being pregnant.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
130384 tn?1221596627
I think the answer is 'no', but hopefully someone else knows for sure.  Without a cervix I can't see how the sperm would have a way to get to the egg.
Blank
There is a possiblity but it is very slim. If you google it you can read more about it.
Blank
134578 tn?1463413330
Try a home pregnancy test.  There might have been a way for sperm to get in there.
Blank
Thanks to everyone who posted a comment back.  I did google it and found things I din't even know about such as abdominal pregnancies, that take place in the abdominal cavity.  WOW!  I really didn't think without the cervix and uterus it could happen, but I guess anything is possible!  I'll get a test later and see what it shows....
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on KTowne's status
16 hrs ago
Blank
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
Aug 23
982214 tn?1471458381
Blank
krichar commented on photo
Aug 23
Blank
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Reach your weight goals