Possible Yeast Infection?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Possible Yeast Infection?

I am 21 weeks pregnant and I thought I had a yeast infection and several obgyn visits ago I told my doctor that I get them a lot so she prescribed me some cream.  The time before when I thought I had one it turned out not to be and so I didn't use the cream, but this time I did.  You insert it vaginally and push like you would if it was a tampon. Sorry it this is too much info, but have no other way to describe.  I have been having a lot of discharge...which is usual being pregnant...but now it is thicker...I don't know if it is the cream still working and coming out or if the infection isn't gone yet.  I don't have the itching and burning like I did a couple of days ago before I used the cream.  Anyone ever use this cream: Gynazole-1?  She said it was safe to use if I had a yeast infection, so I was just wondering if I should still call my doctor or if everything seems to be ok.
Avatar n tn
i have had yeast infections but have not tried that cream. as a matter of fact, i havent heard of it. either way, i got worried when you said you are pregnant and using the yeast infection cream inserts. i have always heard you should not while pregnant. anyone else??? however, if your dr. said it was okay, then i would trust him/her over what i heard. it doesnt even really sound like you have an infection anyway. it is normal to have more discharge when pregnant. it sounds like you got too hasty thinking one was coming on and began to treat it. yes, the cream comes out/leaks during the day. it is thick and it's kinda slippery/oily when you wipe and difficult to flush it all with toilet paper. it just doesnt seem to go down.
i don't know, i may just stop using it if i were you. you said you werent itchy or anything.
Avatar n tn
I was itching, had an odor and burning before I decided to use the cream she had prescribed.  The cream is a one time thing.  You only insert it once and then thats it.  She said it is ok and now I feel better, but just have had a lot more than usual discharge...more clumpy...sorry if TMI.  It isn't smelly anymore or yellow.  It is just white.  I know I had one...I get them all the time.  I haven't really had them since I got pregnant, but before I had them and bladder infections, so I know when I get one.  I was just wondering if the whole discharge thing was normal and if anyone else had used the cream.  Thanks for advice.
Avatar n tn
I haven't heard that about the water vinegar, but will have to try when I don't have plans to do anything for awhile.  Sorry about the post.  I was just telling her that I get them a lot and so that is why she gave me two prescriptions to last throughout the pregnancy.  I got the burning and itching and decided to use one.  But sorry it was so confusing.  I should have worded it better...it has been a long day for me.  Thanks for your advice though!
Avatar n tn
oh okay. to be honest, i had to read your post a few times because it was a bit confusing. i wasnt sure if you were just mentioning to your dr. you get them often and she prescribed the cream just in case you get one along the way? or you did have one? or you thought you had one? i get it all now. it's late! LOL
it does sound like it's just the extra cream coming out and that it is clearing up. i'm glad it's just a one time insert. i was thinking the 7 day.
i heard a water vinegar bath works well. you wont smell nice though.
Avatar n tn
hi.. the discharge during a yeast infection is ok.. you might even get some that look like cottage cheese thick clumpy white stuff(sorry if it sounds a little gross but thats how my obgyn describs it.... try eating more yogurt.. it balances out the bacteria that you are missing in the vagina, which usually can activate a yeast infection.. hope this helps..
lazycat333 I am a bit worried. Comment
rockerac added the Exercise Tracker
rockerac is in search of happiness a... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals