Possible causes of multiple periods each month

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hello,I'm 31, and have 2 kids.  Both were high risk pregnancies, so I had a tubal ligation almost 9 years ago.  Since then, my "cycle" has been a consistent 21 days, with severe cramping and heavy bleeding.  Last January I went 6 weeks between periods, and thought I was pregnant, but was not.  Since then there are anywhere from 10 days to 21 days between periods, still very painful and heavy.  I have had a couple cysts in the past, but none currently.  I have been tested for PCOS and bloodwork to check my thyroid, but everything has come back OK.  This past year, it seems like I'm either always on my period or getting ready to be.  It's driving me crazy!  Anyone have any thoughts or comments on what could be going on?  Am I too young to be perimenopausal?
31 is very young to be premenopausal. My daughter is almost 17 and has had the same problem as you since she was 13 and started having her period. WE have been to SO many doctors and Specialists and still no answers as to the cause or how to stop it. She is on hormone therapy but that doesn't really help much. She is still having 3 periods in a months time, with just a couple days break in between. She has all the tests like you but we have been told by a family friend taht it is most likely a problem with either the ovaries or the Hypothalamus in the brain. He is a Gyno from another ountry and haven't been able to get very far with our doctors in that direction yet but are still pushing. I have no idea how to find out if it is a Hypothalamus problem. We are still, after almost 4 years, new at this and learning what questions to ask and what tests are needed. Hopefully one day we will have the answers and would love to share them with you. Please let me know if you find out anything as ALL info is welcome.
Hope we both get answers very soon.
--J
I'm not trying to go against anything anyone else has daid but.... menopause can start as early as the 30's
There is also such a thing as premature menopause-- women who start menopause in their teens or twenties.
Could the first bleeding be with your ovulation? It sounds like it's around the middle of your cycle.
When you had laproscopy, did they mention anything about endometriosis? The number 1 sympton is severe cramping when you get your AF. Many women with heavy bleeding and severe cramps just let it go, thinking that cramps are normal and it's whimpy to complain. That's what I always thought. That's why it took 10 years of pain before my diagnosis.
Do you also have a lot of fatigue, severe PMS symptoms, bowel or bladder problems, allergies and/or chemical sensitivities? More than half of women with endometriosis unfortunately may never be correctly diagnosed or diagnosed at all. I'm not saying you have it, but it's on the rise. More and more women now than ever before have this common, chronic disorder.
thanks for the input, I've never been tested for endometriosis, but was told once that it probably was that.  I do have a lot of the symptoms you mentioned.  One doc even said that I must have had some sexual trauma in my childhood that I don't remember and this is all in my head!  What a quack!  I go back to the doctor this week, a different doc.  I think I'll lobby for a partial hysterectomy.  Any thoughts on that?
The only thing with hysterectomy, partial or complete, is that endometrial lesions grow outside of the uterus. They've been found in the lungs, armpit, even the brains of all types of women at all stages of their lives. All I'm saying is, it may not make your symptoms go away, because the implants fuel the pain. You may want to try seasonale, or take continuous birth control, or maybe lupron. Anything that supresses the menstrual cycle for awhile. If none of those things work, then I'd go for the surgery. But, of course, every woman is different, and it's your decision to make.
i am 19 years old. i have one child,and i have had five periods this month... they last 2 to 5 days long. someone help me cause it is intefering with mine and my husbands life....
I too, have had multiple periods for 2 years now.  I am 25. After my 2nd daughter was born, I did not stop having a period for 6 months... it would be really heavy and then would become very light, almost like it was going to stop, then it would start really heavy again.  I had severe cramping and severe moodswings.  Last year, I had a laparoscopy which showed really bad endometriosis- I adhesions all over and part of my bowel was attached to my abdominal wall.  I went on Lupron and the periods stopped like they were supposed to during that 6 month period (even though the moodswings, hot flashes, etc that go along with the treatment were almost unbearable).  After treatment, I started the Nuvaring and had 3 normal cycles and I thought I was cured... and then it began again... I have been on my period for 6 months now... My OB/Gyn changed me to Femcon which only made the cramps much worse, then changed to Nordette and that did not help at all... So I stopped taking all birth control about 6 weeks ago and this month, my periods have slowed down to about every 2 weeks which is better... but I still need to be on birth control.  I am going to see a specialist in Chicago next week and I hope that he will have some answers for me.  I was checked for thyroid problems as well as Von Willebrands which runs in my family but everything has been negative.  I do not want a hysterectomy yet and I still want one more child.   I hope that everyone else finds the answers they need too... I just thought I would share my treatments in case they might work for someone else.
Back in 2000, I had a period for 6 months & I was diagnosed with chriocarcinoma in the uterus( form of cancer). I did chemotherapy for 4 months and my cancer went into remission. In 04 it came back as a metassis on my lower left lung, I again went through chemo & remission again. 2007 the metassis reappeared in the same spot on my lung & I had a porton of my lung removed in July 07! Multiple periods isnt good & should be checked out.  
I have started in the last 6 months having multiple periods and now lots of cramping. My mom was adopted so we have no history on her side of the family. No one on my dads has this problem. All blood work has checked out normal. I am going to be 31 this month. I had a child 11 years ago. Nothing strange until now. Anybody know a good specialist on the West Coast?
Starting last November, I started getting my period twice a month for about 2-3 weeks at a time...(that would carry over to the next month)....during that time, because I was bleeding so much, I was so EXHAUSTED all the time! It was horrific. Took me until Febraury to finally see a obgyn. He prescribed me luestrin 24(sp) and it has almost fixed the problem, in feb and march I will got the periods twice a month but they were much shorter. The gyno advised me that it can take 3 months to correct the cycle, well I am on my third month so we will see. My 'placebo period was very weird this month, lasted about 2 days and there was minimal to no cramping. Altho my breasts are sore as hell and I feel like I am going to get it again soon, even tho I just had it 10days ago...I don't know. We will see.
I am 36 years old and have had 3 children,For the first time this month I had 2 periods in 15 days. The first heavy and lasting for about 7 days. Then I started again 3 days later it has been light.  I always have cramping the Dr. said that can be due to prolaps cervix. I am suprised to see how many of your are experiencing the same thing. At first i was thinking it could be caused from the excess stress I have had lately,  but sounds like there are several reasons why it happening. I am one of those people that assume the worst when something doesnt go the way I think it should. I am making an apt. with my OB and I will be sure to post my results.. good luck to all of you WOMEN
i no longer have insurance and can not afford to see a doctor, so i would like to know what i am in for here. I have been having excessive periods a month for a while now. it's like i am opposite. i go a total of about a week not on my period a month. i am 20 years old and never have had kids or had miscarriage. My mother had endometriosis  (sp?) and i hope that is not the case with me. I have a Hypoactive thyroid, and am no longer on medication because of the lack of insurace and the ability to even pay for the medication. I still want to have kids within the next 10 years or so, so i was wondering if anyone knew of any natural remedies or whatnot of a problem like this? Please help me out!
Im 20 years old (no kids, no previous issues with anything).
I recently switched my pill from Microgynon to Femulen (because this is the only pill that doesn't contain lactose), and since I've been on this pill, I've been having.. too many periods! From starting Femulen on the first day of my period, I had a full 7 day period. Fine. Then about a week later, I start bleeding again, after getting quite worried, we decided it was another period. This lasted about 4 days. Fine. But now... I wake up this morning, me and my boyfriend fool around for a bit, then find out, AGAIN, that Im bleeding. It was only very light, but as today has gone on, its got slighty more heavy. I don't really have any period pain, but Im starting to think this again is another damn period!

After reading everyone's response.. I am fairly worried and scared that this is going to continue for a long time. I really hope this is NOT the case, otherwise I am going to go seriously crazy!!!

Any and ALL advice is much appreciated and welcome!
I am i no way female...so my knowledge on periods and menstral cycles is all a little vague...my question is my girlfriend is 16 and she is having light spotty periods for 3 days at a time so far she has only had two each month for the past two months but she thinks shes going to have another and that makes three this month so what is the problem and where do i look to figure out whats wrong her doctor told her it was nothing i want another opinion

Worried boyfriend
First, I have no idea how I got here but I doubt I'll be able to find my way  back, so here's my email, PLEASE email responses here:

let.the.saline.***@****

I'm nineteen, I started menstrating around 15, with one period a month for 10 days, without cramps or pain or anything! Doctors put me on the pill, the shot, and those hurt more than helped. Now I'm nineteen and the only one that did help was the ring, but I can't have sex while on it, which isn't an option. I have two full periods a month, and was tested for endometritis, which came back negative, I now have horrible cramps in my back. The doctors and gynos won't listen, they just want to push me back on the pill. Any other suggestion?
I am 24 & from the UK.
I have been on microgynon for about 2 years & for the last 3 months I have had 2 periods a month. The first one is normal, and then 2-5 days after this finishes, I get another one, with no pain which lasts 1-2 days.
I have recently been to see my Doctor who noticed my blood pressure is also very high. (I am slightly overweight but my BP is usually low, if anything)!! I have to go back for a full bloodwork in 2 weeks.
I suddenly feel very lucky to be in the UK & to get all of my healthcare for free.
I'll post my results when I get them.
I am 41 years old and have four children (16,12,9,7). I started having what they call breakthrough periods before i got pregnant with my second child 29 i got pregnant whilst taking two different types of birth control pills.My job required alot of heavy lifting so i figured it was related to this. I had to have emergency C-section with my second and therefore opted for C-sections with last two. My last weighed 10.5ozs and the others were 6lbs plus. My Dad dies (1998) from complications of diabetes. I bled for 7 weeks straight with my 7year old (heavy) whom i was strictly nursing. I continue rite up to now to have 2/more periods per month. I have been to four different OB/GYN both here and in Fla.A chinese doc of natural medicines gave me a teapill called"in the calm of life" if i can keep up with taking 20teapills for the rest of my life its the only thing that has helped. Guess i'm too old to shoten this. smile
Hi all!  I am 30 yrs old and from the Netherlands!

But above all... I am desperate and quite exhausted.  Since this past June I've had multiple periods a month, varying anywhere between 3 to 4 times monthly, not just a tid bit of spotting but the whole nine yards every single time.  

I've been on birthcontrol since i was about 20, then went off at 24, and starting back in June 2008 at age 29.  I too have heard from the doctor that nothing is wrong with me, they have done several tests- all resulting into that if anything is wrong it's in between my ears, or to give myself some time to adjust to the hormone switch due to the Pill.  We're nearly approaching the month of December- 6 months have passed, one would think that it would be regular for a while now- when starting on the Pill before, I didn't experience any of the above mentioned, none of the exhaustion, the pain, etc.

All of this is draining me, I feel dirty and embaressed- I am after all one of very few woman at work (for instance) who goes to the toilet packed with a weekend bag- if you catch my drift- multiple times a day!!!

Does anyone know what might cause this? Any answer is welcome to eleviate any doubt, etc!!!

Thanks a billion and, of course, looking forward to ya'lls response!

DuTcHeSs1978
Hi all, dont know how i stumbled upon this but noticed CyGrys post with reagrds to femulen, Ive been on femulen now for 2/3yrs and have same symptons, often slight bleeding after sex and usually a period, followed a week later by a duplicate. have been checked out at doctors and clinics so nothin apparently rong just a side effeect that ive have had to get used to as there seems to be no other alternative, with no other mini pills on offer (have tried cerazette and micronor) :(
I just went to the doctor yesterday complaining about severe cramping to the point of almost fainting. I'm married and am not on birth control anymore. I took a pregnancy test at the ER, and it came up negative. However, I was told I have a bladder infection. I was almost certain my appendix was going to be removed, I wasn't expecting a bladder infection. anyway, I've had my period about a week ago....I got the antibiotics and went home.....to my suprise I started a second period of this month!! I dont understand the intense pain, followed by a second period. answers anyone??
i too have had multiple periods. its horrible and ive had three this month.
I AM HAVING A PERIOD TWICE A MONTH,AND IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY...CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME ABOUT WHAT'S GOING   ON ....                                                                                                                                                                                   MARYANN
Sorry about your tough times. As far as your womens problems you can go to
planned parenthood anywhere & it will be free of charge based on your income.
Hope this helps
I have been having the same issue. I went to my OB/GYN after the second month of havin a period every 11 days. My DR put me on the pill to regulate my cycle. It has been working so far. my cramps are nowhere near as bad as they were. And my cycle is starting to go back to normal. I have two kids and also had very high risk pregnancies. The only advice I can offer is to try the pill to see if it helps. If not no harm no foul. Hope this helps.

Good luck,
Nicole
I was 30 when this started and was told I was premenapasal (sp).  I found a nutritional product called Reliv and worked with one of their people and was able to get great results within about 5 months and haven't had any problems for over 6 years.  hope4life.reliv.com is the website.  Hope it helps.
I am 43 years old. For the last 5 to 6 years my period has come close to every 20 days. Since the 18th of December I have now had 3 full blown, heavy periods. I don't have much in the way of mood swings and my sex drive is still very high. Does anyone know what this could be caused from????
Susan in Oklahoma
I too have experienced the excessive period. In March 2009 I began seeing an OB/GYN for this and I was placed on many different types of Birth control which never worked. I have the problem with normal to little periods and the continue with break through bleeding through out the month. Some bleeding is not enough for a pad but to much for a liner alone. I am to scared to even think about using a tampon as Toxic Shock comes to mind and I never know one day to the next if it will be a heavy, normal, or light day.
Finally on Nov 6, 2009, I have the endometrial ablasion procedure done. I know that this procedure has been known to eliminate periods and that would be nice but, I would be happy with just returning to a normal period cycle. Unfortunately, this did not happen. My cycles have remained the same. I have seen my OB/GYN 3-4x since my procedure and yesterday he stated that my only option for relief is a hysterectomy. I am only 34yo so I have to decide do I live with the inconsistent period or have the hysterectomy. I have decided to get a second opinion before making the decision, does anone have any other suggestions...........
I'm 45 years old and have an IUD for 2 years.  The past 6 months, I have been having a period twice a month and it lasts about 9 days.  I'm scared and confused.  My insurance does not kick in till May 15, so just wondering if anyone knows what it could be....premenopause????  I have mood swings and weight gain too.
I had this problem last year, but only at the end of an EXTENDED amount of time (almost two years) of EXTREMELY heavy periods every 25 days.  

It turned out I had a huge fibroid.  In the four months before I had it removed, I got the two periods a month thing, basically 'starting' every 11 days, and the periods being extremely heavy.

what I learned from my WONDERFUL doctor is that having fibroids (basically endometriosis on the inside of the uterus) can cause excessive bleeding because they are covered in the same lining as your uterine wall, so it 'refreshes' with each period just like your uterine wall... thus, more blood.

the second period each month was due to the fact that fibroids are harder/more smooth than your regular uterine wall (they are benign tumors, basically), so as your wall begins to build up after your period, it doesn't stick to the fibroid as well, thus you bleed early.

Because of the fibroid I had what felt like cramps etc. with every ovulation.  the fibroid was basically as big as a container of mortons salt.  so every time i swelled up for PMS time, it put pressure on my kidney, my stomach, and my sciatic nerve.  I *always* felt bloated and full, even if i hadn't really eaten, and my uterus was the size of a person who was about 3 1/2 to 4 months pregant.  And i also had a lot of the complications you guys have stated... *really* tired (iron deficiency from all the bleeding), and out of breath (severe anemia can lower your blood-oxygen levels to a dangerous place).

I had to go to two doctors to get this thing taken care of.  the first wanted to just cut off blood supply, the second (my hero!) said we got to get this thing OUT.

PLEASE anyone who is having these multiple periods, PLEASE insist upon an ultra-sound in search of fibroids.  But be careful.  My ultra-sound said i had a couple of small ones.  it was really one HUGE one that took up the whole uterus.  the small things they saw were just variations in the structure.  The only real reason why I was able to poo-poo the first doctors suggestions and go elsewhere is because my fibroid happened to be in a place where when i laid down on my back at certain times of the month when I wasn't swollen, i could *SEE* it like a bump.

Please all of you, get an ultra-sound.  the surgery that removed that thing has changed my life for the WAY better!
hi i'm 18, and been having a period every 2 weeks since I was 16, I have been prescribed the pill and it works fine, but I have come off it on occassions to see if my homonal balance has been resored to a more natural cycle but it has not.
I feel not only would it be unusual at my age to be going through the menopause, but I started quite late on at almost 15 when I started compared to all my friends.
Is it due to my lining just thickning, or polyps and will this decrease my chances of becoming pregnant later on in life as I am unable to maintain a thick lining for a long enough period of time .Or will the hormone produed by the embryo to the corpus luteum make sure enough progesterone is secreted to maintain it!
Thanks.
I have a good friend who is going through her second IVF treatment.  For the last year every time i see her around five days later i get a period.  Sometimes i have PMT for over 2 weeks before the period arrives but its always after seeing my good friend.  Can you advise me what treatment i can take so i can remain visiting my friend without the hormonal changes?

I am 34 years old...i have two kids...(11 and 13), I have met the perfect man but he has no children, I want to have a child with him but like all of you I have been experiencing multiple periods. I want to ask my doctor about doing a tubal reversal but scared because of these multiple periods if it will be a bad thing to do that...he mentioned last time if this didnt get any better he would do a partial hystercomy but I want to have a child with this man. Am I crazy?? I know I am scared about what this multiple thing could be just wish I could figure it out and make a decision soon I am not getting any younger :) Thanks and please email me @ snasteen at yahoo com please on any advice...I really could use it. Thanks
I'm 28 years old and I recently had my tubes tied after I gave birth to my 5 child 3 months ago....
ever since then my period has been coming every 2 weeks and its a very heavy flow and deadly cramping...
just recently I started spotting and then my period starts light but within 12 hours, I'm changing my pad every 2 hours...
Can anyone help me?
I'm just turned 46 and have always had high sexdrive very active to mod active daily life and for the most part have been healthy was diagnosed as peri menopausal in my 30's Mom passed away after a stressfull 7 months of care in 08 and past 2 years I was lucky enough to hole up shut down and  just .. grieve and get a grip on some things. Then this past Oct about the time I was seeing the light at the end of a long road of recoving I began again to have hot flashes ( had went away right after my mom passed) would have severvely then chilled on my right side ( have a history of shingles on my face - rare to have gotten in my 30's and a history of MS in family so a worry of nerve reactions over anything - one reason for my holeing up and destressing past 2 years NO stress leads to a very healthy me) BUt this past dec I have started having up to 3 periods a month EXTREAM breast pain to the point of throwing up pulling off my bra and the week of noraml to extream pains of PMS I am unable to do much of anything though I feel up to it just cant move around for pain. then I will start my period and be good about two days( able to do stuff with out much discorfornt) then med to heavy flow 4 days and belly bloat and reg back pain Im use to having reg with- then a day off from flow and then a bit of spoting - normal - then a day or two of dashing to get stuff done - and cycle all over again - been tracking and I roughy have 7 to 10 days a month I feel human - ONLY good thing my  regular sleep patteren of 4 hours a day is up to a good 8+ hours of sleep and I have been tired I know due to drop in iron ( hav ebeen taking vitamins all along and now suplementing wih eating liver once a week) an assuming the hormone fluxating is what is causeing the very bad breast pain ( I'm 42D and swell up so bad I cant even find a bra I can stand to have on much less want to go any where or do anything.) WHAT has been my biggest prob I am flat out with out medical Insurance and have checked and dont meet the requirments for help at local clinics - was told next time if I wanted to with the breast pain I could go to a ER type place my local hospital has and get meds  and seen for that and that is all I could do. I have a history of kidney stones and basicly try to eat right and all to advoid having them and only have been able to go see a doc about that when they do flare up about every 4 years at an ER.
I have been searching online and this is the 1st place that anyone has even hinted at the 3 periods a month is "normal" for being in a menopausal stage. I did combat the hot flashes  buy drinking hot herbal tea with 1/2 teaspoon honey 1/2 teasoon cyanne pepper sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of raw apple cider viniger in it. ( add abit of supar and NOT to terribly bad taste wise and worth it to me not to have the hot flashes) I have been drinking that ( 1xs to 2's a day) and the hot flashes went away. took a week off and they came back I have started the past 2 days of taking an popular OTC menopause pill and seeing what that may do pain and PMS wise as well, I feel this isnt something "BAD" lurking but would like to find a Doc that would see me and let me pay cash tho so far NOT one doc I have found will see you unless like I said at an ER or that type of placethat hospital has basily anothe rtype of ER.  Mean time Im searching to see what others are going though and it looks like Im not alone at leat on symptoms. hope letting others hear whats going on with me helps and looking forward to finely not being "alone"
Im 41 years old i hav 3 children and i had a tubligation after my 3rd child which was 15 years ago.my periods have been every 28 days like clock work every month but since dec.2010 they have been weird now im starting to have 2 in one month im not sure if this is a sign of menopause or not if anyone knows please let me know thank you...dmky
hey everyone,i just turned 13 and i have had my period for two years, and i am on birthcontrol and i took myself off of it, and ever since i did i have been having up to 4 periods a month but they are really short,but i don't think its right.I have tried talking to many doctors, and they say  its normal for someone who has just stared, but when i am about to start and a few days, and while i am on i have really bad cramps they can get so bad i sometimes passout or fall and can't get up or move until they stop.I need help,i don't know what to do.Would it be right to get back on birthcontrol??
hi. im 20 and had my period at the beginning of the month. two days after it finished i got i again. it is very heavy, should i be worried? i havent been under any stress and i eat pretty healthy!!
Hello...

I am 31 year old female that has struggled with all sorts of medical problems over the past few years, BUT has been diagnosed with endometriosis since age 18.  I started my menstrual cycle when I was 11 with my first period being extremely heavy and lasting 13 days.  Until I had a laproscopy done in 2001 at the age of 20, I struggled with multiple ovarian cyst ruptures as well.  At one point, it was painful to pee, poop, sit on a hard chair, lay flat on my back, run...you get the picture.  After being hospitalized for four days with an ovarian cyst ruptured, my GYN decided it was time to take a look around inside.  When I awakened from my surgery, the GYN and my mom were sitting by my bedside.  He told me that I was covered inside with endometrial tissue and the surgery took three times as long as it was supposed to so that a fertility specialist could do the lasering to save my uterus and fallopian tubes.  

After the surgery, I was put on Lupron Depot for six months and did not have a period for a year.  I was in heaven.  I never felt so good!  

Then, around age 24/25, I began to feel like crap again.  Periods would last 10-14 days, 3 days with no bleeding and then bleed again...

Three years ago and after approximately 10 more ovarian cyst ruptures, I received the diagnosis of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS.  At the same time, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and a Pituitary Tumor.  So...somewhere in the feedback loop between the pituitary gland, the thyroid gland, and my female organs, there is a miscommunication and thereby causing too much and then too little estrogen and testosterone...among other hormones...and screwing with all my hormones!  So, now I have to have a MRI yearly, biopsy on my thyroid adenoma yearly, and pray that my cramps and bleeding stay in check with the side effects of having PCOS!

So...what I was getting at...is that I have had three different GYNs in my hometown, one fertility specialist (who is ranked in the top three in the entire country and is truly amazing but will NOT treat for any other issues but fertility due to the LONG LONG list of clients), four endocrinologists, two neurologists, three neuro-orthopedics due to my back issues, and been to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester just last year to check to see if there were any new treatments...

and they all still say pretty much the same thing...

IT IS ALL HORMONE BASED and unless I want to stay on birth control pills, which much like a few of you...I don't...then my only option is a radical FULL hysterectomy which will do nothing to fix the hormone level fluctuations that will continue to exist due to the pituitary-thyroid relationship.  

So, I recommend to each of you that you continue to ask questions and hopefully one day the medical community will realize and address the issue that hormone problems create a frustrating, angry, and misunderstood population that are only trying to fix their problems to coexist alongside those that have never and may never experience anything quite like the mess we are in.

Thank you for letting me vent!

______________________
31 year old Female currently on synthroid .1 mg daily, propranolol 120 mg daily, Soma 350 mg daily, Relafen 1000 mg daily, Neurontin 2400 mg daily, Tramadol 50 mg daily, Vitamin D 5000 mg daily
______________________
Hashimoto's Disease with benign throid adenoma FNAed 5/2010, pituitary microadenoma MRIed 10/2010 showing growth from 5/2010 MRI, Herniated thoracic vertebrae T6-T10 and lumbar L4-S1 with four ESI injections providing minimal to moderate pain relief possibly looking at TLIF and micro-disectomy of lower lumbar area, Severe endometriosis and polycystic ovarian syndrome, and right ankle issues with ATF, calcaneofibular and syndesomotic ligament tears facing screw at syndemosis and RE-repair of previous Bronstrom surgery in 1996...

Just waiting to finish my nursing degree (recently started the accelerated nursing program at local university) to work for a few years to save up ENOUGH money for the copays on approximately $1M surgeries that I am facing so that I can get everything done in a two year span to begin living my life again!!!!!!!!!

I'm 44 have 3 children (26,21,18), I had my tubes tied after the last one and ever since I have a period every two weeks, 7-10 days at a time, I am extremely exhausted, anemic, with no energy left over from multiple and heavy periods, overweight. BP and sugar levels are normal, I lost 50 lbs hoping this would help but no go, I have no health ins. so dr. visits are out. the last time I went about 5 years ago, no cysts, tumors, or anything. this problem has affected every aspect of my daily life, I can't work ( in the bathroom every 15-20 min) no sex drive ( husband is not happy), no energy to participate in anything, the last dr. said there was no reason for surgery i was too young and the ins. I had at the time would only cover it if it affected my every day life, DUH!!! well here I am 18 years into this and still no answers, I would like to see about novasure to see if this might be the answer to my prayers, if anyone knows anything about this I would appreciate any input.
I am 40 have three children also had tubal ligation after my 3rd child which was 17 years ago.. and in february 2011 I have been having 3 periods per month. My doctor said my cervix and pap were normal last I check approximately Feb 2011.. but I am still experiencing the periods.  Did you find out any other information?  Have you been back to the doctor to get checked?
I'm 41 and have one child, with symptoms similar to you both; I assume it is perimenopause (pre menopause), but I'm concerned it could be something else....I'm going to start getting some doctor opinions, but all my tests too come back normal (thryoid, pap, etc)....I get a peirod every 11 days or so and I'm generally exhaused and feel pms emotional much of the time.  
I am 18 and started my period at 11 they have only just got regular but i come on in october and i normally have double period which is when i finsih i bleed again for a day. Well i have come on my period again and i am really worried as to why i have come on basically four times this month.....
I am 22 years old. I started having my periods at the EXTREMELY young age of 7. I have had 2 miscarriages, and 1 steal born birth. After the steal born birth, I began having multiple periods per month. Along with the multiple cycles, I also have extreme pain in my lower back, fatigue, migraines, and a lot of times even nausia. I am not on birth control, and haven't been since I was young. I chose not to be put on birth control because me and my husband would like to have a child. The doctors say that I may not be able to have children though. I have been checked for multiple cancers, and everything came back negative. I don't know what could be causing all of this, but would really like to find out. I hope that each of you can figure out what the cause of this is, and that I myself may be able to.
I am 31, and I have been dealing with the same problem since the birth of my 3 year old daughter. i have a blood clotting disorder and I cannot take ANY form of birth control, i have gone to the dr about this after bleeding through a tampon, pad and clothes within 2 hours. i had a D&C/Lap done and found out I had endometreosis and andometriosis....i am still unsure what the difference between the two are. But I was put on lupron shots and it stopped my periods all together but then i felt like I was going through menopause. When I went back for a followup, my dr took me off the shots...i went right back into have 3 or more peiods in a month. i am so tired all the time and this is not fair to my daughter when all i feel like doing after work is laying down.....I anyone has any information please let me kow. Thank You!