Possible (vaginal) ingrown pubic hair

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Possible (vaginal) ingrown pubic hair

I have a sore in my pubic area. It is almost at the top of where my pubic hair begins to grow. I noticed it after taking a long bath and it is very tender. Could it be an ingrown hair? The top of it is open, but it does not look like a blister. I had just taken a long bath and when I got dressed and pulled my pants over it, that is when I felt the pain and noticed it. The best way I know how to describe it is that it looks like a mosquito bite that has been scratched too much. I have only shaved a few times and I did experience some irritation, but it was just like razor burn. This is very different. Would an STD be that high on my pubic area? There are no bumps in the vaginal area.
This is my theory, and have experienced the SAME thing.. Shaving just once can cause this to happen. The hairs, when trying to grow back through the skin find that the skin is a bit tougher and they just turn and grow downward back the way they came. The warm bath aided in bringing the infection that comes from the hair follicle being trapped under the skin, to a head, so to speak. It may not be white, but it is trying to draw out the infection. A pimple is just a tiny pocket of infection where dirt was trapped in a pore and then the human body does it's job and goes after it causing it to exit in the form of a yucky little mess. Kinda the same thing with an ingrown hair. You will probably find when it does start to drain out, that there is a hair within. If you develop more than one or even if you are really worried, you can get a doc's opinion. Dermatologists see this ALL the time. Hope my little theory helped.
--J
Thank you so much! You really put my mind at ease. I tried reading a lot of other postings to see if my "spot" sounded like anyone else's... but I couldn't match it up with anyone that was worried about it being a sore from an STD. To tell you the truth, I couldn't leave it alone and plucked a few hairs that were growing either very close to it - and one that I think was directly coming out of it. There is not nearly as much pain and I put some neosporin on it. THANKS SO MUCH!
I started bleeding today after having sex with my boyfriend last night.
1) I started my period last week,2 weeks early, after restarting the pill a month-ago.
2) I have been having some abdominal pain for a few days.
3) I also had a hemeroid last week.

What do think is going on? I'm worried.
Darlin it sounds like you have bacterial vaginosis. It is a bacterial infection in the vaginal area and can cause your cervix to be very sensitive and sex can cause bleeding. There is an antibiotic for it and then it goes away.
I shaved about a week ago and it kind of hurt after i shaved, like ingrown hairs. and i had sex that night. a few days later little bumps came up. they look just like ingrown hairs but i cant tell if they are spreading. but there are about 5 of them. what is this??!?! i am scaredd !
okay, let's just say i'm kind of young. but i've have ingrown hairs for a long time. i don't even remember whenit started. and these thing get really bad. they bleed and hurt, and sometimes it's ALL just one big bruise (or so it's looks like). i'm not sexual active, either. in case that counts. do you have any suggestions as to get rid of this? i hate not being able to move without pain.
i saved two weeks ago now i am startin to see a bump one day it will be red the next day it will be white and the i will bust it the next day it will be another one ........... so wat can this be
I've had the same problem but i think its just a min or problem..its either a boil or an ingrown hair..I've breen having reaccuring mosquito like bump on my pubic area for a little while now..It only hurts b4 it pops and blood and pus comes out..Ive been to a doctor and i thought he wanted to laugh at me when he saw it because i thought that it was something much worse..I dont think its something to stress over until u see a doctor...
hey so i have the same problem like needanswers did. and your theory makes sense because i have shaved down there and notice the bumps. what is the best way to get rid of them? i have put cream down there to stop the itching which has helped. however, now it is dry and kind of flaky over the bumps. any suggestions on what to do? i would really appreciate it.