Post ligation - post ablation syndrome

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Post ligation - post ablation syndrome

In June of 2009 I had a Nova Sure ablation with great results.  I have no bleeding at all now and have had little to no pain.  In December I suddenly had severe lower abdominal pain that originated just below the belly button and radiated to both sides and around my back.  This pain was very sharp, brought me to a fetal position and induced vomiting.  The severe pain lasted about 1 1/2 hrs and then eased up leaving me with a constant aching pain in my lower abdomen.   I had severe bloating with my lower abdomen sore to the touch.  Within two days...all pain was gone only to return again 27 days later.  I can't get any doctor to take me seriously.  I've been given pain medications and told "some women have bad periods".  In a desperate search for answers, I found information regarding "The post-ligation post-ablation syndrome".  I had a tubal ligation 10 yrs ago.  I would love to hear from anyone that has experienced this or who might have more information.  I worry that this will continue to happen every month.  Help!
I had a tubal ligation in 1988 and a Novasure in 2009.  I thought the Novasure was a complete success until two months ago when I started to have Carrie's symptoms.  On the days I should have my period, I have horrific cramping below the navel.  I was on the floor doubled over in pain when the doctor's office called Friday.  She said that it is highly unusual for the pain to come from my uterus so long after the ablation.  I know what uterine/menstrual cramps feel like, as I had them all my life.  They gave me a prescription for Vicodin, since naproxen and ibuprofen don't touch the pain.  This month I had three days of severe, nonstop cramping.  I can't go through this every month!!  I had the ablation specifically to eliminate menstrual cramps in addition to the heavy bleeding.
I also had a tubal ligation in 1988 and Novasure in 2006.  I've had no periods since the ablation, but about 18 months ago I have had horrible lower right abdominal cramping and pain.  It comes and goes but lately is taking over my life. I  have been to every specialist and had every scan done with no answers.  I am scheduled to get laparscopic surgery in a week to get some answers.  I too believe that this has something to do with the ablation but doctors don't want to follow the theory.  I will keep you posted as to what is found after surgery.  
I had a tubal ligation in 2000, and Novasure Ablation in 2/2008. I have had no periods since the day I walked out of surgery. In August I began experiencing terrible lower back pain that felt like what I used to have prior to my period. Then the horrible cramping and pain in my abdomen began. It lasted for 4 weeks, slowly getting worse and worse! At one point the only way to describe it was labor pains. It finally went away and now I have the same thing on and off, but not as bad. I have a bladder condition and my gyno tries to say it is that but I know what I am feeling. I am in the process of switching doctors and hoping I can finally get some answers and relief. I am so glad to know I am not the only one w/ this issue...Guess I am not crazy! I was beginning to think I was.
I also had a tubal ligation in 2001, and Novasure Ablation in 10/2009.I have had no periods since the day of the surgery only spotting.Four months ago I start to experience debilitating pelvic and lower back pain and my abdomen gets very tender and two weeks before my period I  am miserable and can not function,  I went to the doctor and he told me is my bladder which I don't agree with, I trully believe that there is alot complications from endometrial ablation that are not explained to us prior the procedure.
I had a tubal ligation in 1999 and my ablation was done in 2009. I have only spotting since the procedure, about six months after my procedure I started have severe cramping and was told to take over the counter ibuprofen which helps if i take 600-1000mg at a time the pain starts out as a mild cramping in my lower abdomen them it will become severe almost like contractions on either my left or right side. The pain is so severe that it brings me to my knees or i will rock back and forth in the fetal position. I've have MRI's, and scans of my lower abdomen and nothing is ever found to be the source.The pain will subside for as short of 5 days to as long as 4 months and then returns. Cant live with this pain forever help
I think I have an answer for you guys. POST ABLATION SYNDROME with CERVICAL STENOSIS AND HEMATOMETRA. meaning blood cannot escape thru a severely  stenosed cervix. Having mine dilated next month. I too have these problems after ablation. Most gynes are quick to offer a hysterectomy for this syndrome. I chose NOT TO. I instead want my cervix fixed since my uterus itself is not damaged.
I too had the ablation procedure in March of 2010. I still have a period but it is very light. Starting with my cycle in September I had severe cramping that was in my lower abdomen and radiated to my sides. I was so bad that it hurt to urinate, pass gas or have a bowel movement. It was as some say like labor. My family doctor thought that perhaps I had a kidney stone. But nothing showed up in cat scan. The same thing happened in Oct. I saw my gyn today and she said that she had been hearing about post ablation syndrome but that they had never had a patient exhibit this before so lucky me I am the first. She just flat out said to me that she believes the ablation failed. I have to go Thursday to have an ultrasound done. A partial hysterectmy is being tossed around but she said they would look at other options. It seems to me that this is a new complication that very few gyn seem to understand. It scares me. My period is due next week and she wrote me a prescription for darvacet. I don't want to live in pain like this. The first 2-3 days of my period are extreme. I would love to know if some of you have had these intense pains that seem to carry over into the bladder and bowel.
I had a tubal ligation/endometrial ablation in March of 2009.  I didn't have any bleeding after the surgery.  Several months later I started having sharp pains in my lower left pelvic area.  It wasn't very bad at first and only lasted for a short period of time.  I thought it might be constipation pains.  Each month the pains got progressively worse.  The pain finally got bad enough in November that I went to the doctor.  They assumed it was an ovarian cyst and took an ultrasound.  Nothing showed up and I was told that it was just menstrual cramping.  I had a really bad episode about March 2010 where I ended up in the emergency room.  My blood pressure was 180/105 and I had a very mild infection.  The ER doctor thought that I had diverticulitis.  I had a colonoscopy.  I had several polyps, but the doctor said that wasn't what was causing the pain.  Last month, I went back to my gynecologist.  They took another ultrasound and found something on the top of my uterus about the size of an almond.  The doctor said it was just a blood clot and that it was not the source of my pain either.  These episodes come and go anywhere between a month to four months.  They will typically last 4 to 10 days.  I will feel crampy and bloated.  My entire lower abdomen/pelvic area hurts to the touch.  It is super sensitive and tender.  The sharp stabbing pain is intermittent during these days but typically only last 20 minutes to an hour before the pain subsides.  When it goes away, I feel totally normal.  Has anyone actually been diagnosed with this syndrome and is there any test that can be done to diagnose it without having another surgery?  
I had endometrial ablation Dec 2008.  I never stopped bleeding but the bleeding was less.  About a year after the ablation I started to have cramps which I really didn't have before.  I also started to have cramps during ovulation.  About 6 month later the cramps got so severe I was incapacitated for 2 hrs on my bed with pain pills and heating pad.  I called my Dr for an appointment and was scheduled for an ultrasound.  My Dr wanted to see if there was blood trapped in my uterus - hematometra.  They inserted a pediatric catheter and filled it with saline.  Sure enough there were "bubbles" filled with the saline.  This is due to a failed ablation.  My Dr told me I could opt for Lupron injections, which they use for Endometriosis.  I did not like the side effects, you can only receive the injections for so long, AND the it is only temperary and have never been researched for what I have.  Therefore, I am scheduled for a hysterectomy on 1/12/11.  My next step is getting it covered by insurance, because I don't know what my true diagnosis is.  Dysmenorrhea (painful periods) is not "medically necessary" for a hysterectomy without more information.

I would recommend asking your Dr about potential Hematometra and ask what can be done.  I have searched and searched for information and it is hard to find on the internet.  Good Luck to you all and you are not crazy!!
I have had the same problem every month since July 2010. An ultrasound found that I have hydrosalpinx which is a blocked fallopian tube on my right side. I too have had both a tubal and novasure. When I get my period, the blood backs up into my right tube and distends the tube. It's like having an etopic pregnancy every month. When my period is over, usually only a couple of days because of the novasure, the pain is gone.

My gyn wants to remove my tube but also wants to do perform a hysterectomy to avoid future problems. I am strongly opposed to a hysterectomy. The 2nd opinion I received didn't recommend a hysterectomy because my ovary and uterus are normal.

Instead I am going to an accupunturist and have started the anti-inflammatory diet. I have noticed a difference in my symptoms as long as I follow the diet, exercise, and take vitamins and the herbs perscribed by the accupuncturist. Stress is also a factor in my pain level. On superbad pain days, I visit my accupunturist and the pain is gone.

I also visit a massage therapist that specializes in mayan massage. Mayan massage corrects the position of the organs so that they work properly. According to the founder, when a uterus is out of position, heavy bleeding and clotting occurs which is the reason I had the novasure procedure. See this website for more information: https://arvigotherapy.com/.

Please keep in mind, I am not totally pain free but my pain is manageable which it wasn't before. I still may have my tube removed, however, the accupuncture, herbs, and massage show promise. The treatment I have chosen is expensive but it is a lot less expensive than a hysterectomy, even with my health insurance coverage. Plus, I feel healthier too.
the pain is still constant and unbearable, still living on advil like it was candy, Doctors still find nothing physically wrong that would cause this pain after my ablation procedure, they state that post ablation syndrome is so new and rare that they still dont know how to treat it....since the pain seems to be more tubal I decided to have my falopian tubes removed in Feb 2011 if after this procedure I still have this pain I will then  consider a hysterectomy.......really dont want a hysterectomy but I dont want to live with this horribly pain
I hope we all find a way to either relieve or manage this pain
I have also had a tubal liagation and endometrial ablation done at the same time in one surgery. I have been having severe lower bain pain and bloating and pain in my stomach area ever since. I thought that i was pregant, but i am not.  The pain is so severe it has affected my life.
I understand your pain, I began having pain in 2009 6 months after my ablation ,pain was so severe that i decided to get a hysterectomy I have been pain free for 5 weeks....I have my life back....... after getting my biopsy results back the doc stated that they found Adenmyosis which causes severe pain so if the pain is still unbearable have your doc check for this good luck to you all
I had a tubal in 1983 and NovaSure ablation in 2008. For the first 6-9 months no bleeding, bloating, cramps, etc. Then pre-menstrual systems: bloating, swelled breasts, mood swings, low back pain. I mentioned this to my gyno who performed the ablation, she found nothing wrong except an enlarged uterus, which I had for years. In January I started having pelvic pain so severe I ended up in the ER. I had a cat scan, loads of morphine and was released with a diagnosis of mesenteric adenosis. Pain subsided after a week and things returned to normal. About 21 days later, severe pain again, on the other side of my lower abdomen. My GP suggested it was something gastro-related. Pain intensified and again, I ended up in the ER, taken there from work. This time at Northwestern University Hospital. Another cat scan and trans-vaginal ultrasound. They discovered a mass in my uterus- possibly old blood- and fibroid growths. I was released and directed to my gyno for follow-up. Still in acute pain, I went the next day and begged her to make it stop- to take out my uterus. She said she had to be certain that was where the pain was coming from before we did something like that. She admitted me to the hospital and had another trans-vaginal ultrasound done. As the doctor watched, I heard the tech describe a mass that had divided itself, growths in my uterine walls and several fibroids. The gyno said my uterus needed to come out- The next week of waiting for surgery was full of horrible, excruciating labor-like pain. After the surgery, the gyno said there did not appear to be anything remarkable (I heard what the ultrasound tech described to her). I wonder if she is aware of PATSS- I did not mention it to her  because I was afraid she would worry I might sue her or something.  And I do not blame her for this. Anyway, the pain is gone along with my uterus and ovaries, and I am certain this was PATSS. I have been reading lots of medical articles and found one from 2007 claiming to describe the first occurrence  from a microwave frequency ablation. I also note that as of January this year, HOLOGIC has added a warning about PATSS to literature about its NovaSure procedure.
I had the novasure ablation in 2009. Six months after I started having back and left groin pain off and on, getting worse with ovulation and cycle time. I have had no bleeding. I went to a neurosurgeon thinking it was my back, after therapy, acupuncture and chiropractor, I still had pain. So I had a pelvic u/s which showed a small collection of fluid in my uterus. My ob/gyn said it can't escape and has high pressure which causes the pain. I am scheduled to have a hyster in 3 wks. I just want to get rid of the pain. Hope this will help.
I had ablation with tubal ligation due to heavy bleeding and a great deal of pain.  I felt great for about two years and told everyone how wonderful it was, that is was like a "miracle".  It is 3:12 am, and I am entering my third day of unbearable stabbing pain in my right abdominal area.  This is so much worse than the pain I had before - it makes it very difficult to function, and I work at a busy law firm full time.  I am obviously suffering post-ablation syndrome, and now I have only one option - a hysterectomy.  No medication helps - I've tried aspirin, ibuprofen, acetominophen, and my ob/gyn gave me a prescription for Ponstel.  A very hot bath gives a little relief as does a heating pad.  Those are both impossible at the office.  It feels like I cannot make the heat go deep enough to work.  I hate to think about the hysterectomy.  I am 48 years old, and I suffered a stroke three years ago (very lucky that I had a full recovery).  I also have fibromyalgia which has caused me to suffer from a weak immune system.  I don't heal like a normal person, so I know 6-8 weeks will be more like 10-12 for me.  I worry about taking that much time off from work, so I'm going to bear this for as long as I can, but each month the pain is getting worse and lasting longer. At first it was maybe half a day, then a full day, then two days...now going into three days.  I have actually cried and rolled back and forth on my bed in pain, and I made it through 25 hours of labor and delivery with two epidurals that didn't work and did not cry!  So long story short, all the ablation did was buy me some pain-free time, and give me more pain than I can handle!  This is taking days out of my life each month.  Please say prayers for me.
I have been curious and skeptical about this procedure and had a doctor try to talk me into doing this when I am ready to stop having children, about 2 years from now.  I am glad I read all of your posts which made it very easy to make a final decision about the procedure.  I am very sorry that there are so many women suffering from this procedure and I hope and pray all of you get better.  Thank you, for posting, the information will save alot of women from this devastating and life altering ablation procedure.
I can so relate to you and your situation - I had an ablation about 5 years ago after having a tubal after the birth of my fourth child (the only one via c-section - 12 years ago) . . . I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and I take Enbrel for that.  I have had post-ablation, post-ligation syndrome for 3-1/2 years - my OB/GYN had put me on low estrogen birth control pills and had me taking the suppression cycle pills only.  This was working for me except I really was not happy with how I felt, so last December, I took myself off the birth control pills and just last week I ended up in the Emergency Room with unbelievable pelvic pain.  Not surprisingly, an ultrasound revealed a blood-filled uterus and fallopian tubes causing intense pain.  Well, the IV dilaudid managed to get the pain under control and they sent me home with a prescription for Vicodin, which has also helped.  I am scheduled to see my OB/Gyn tomorrow and I know he will want to do a hysterectomy and I am hesistant to go back on the low dose birth control because I don't like the side effects . . . Actually, I don't like any of my choices and even though my own husband is a physician (he is a Radiologist and one of his specialities is Ultrasound) and he says he has never seen a uterus as "messed up" as mine is!  I just don't know what to do either and I WILL pray for you and hope that we can both get a good resolution to our problem.  
I can totally relate to you ladies!  I had a tubal ligation probably 10 years ago and then an ablation probably 4 years ago.  It was very successful in stopping my periods; however, in August of 2011 I started having severe pains in my pelvic area and lower right abdomen.  After suffering for 2 days I went to urgent care and they sent me to the ER.  The ER did a CT scan to rule out kidney stones, appendix, etc.  Everything was normal.  Without me knowing, they decided to test and treat me for STD's (of course they came back negative).  Now, no one will take me serious because they see that treatment in my history and they assume I have an STD and that is what is causing my pain.  I went to my GYN last week and he said he felt like the blood was being trapped and causing my pain.  In other words, post-ablation syndrome.  He wants me to wait 3 more months and see what happens before I have any further procedures.  It's so frustrating because the pain is so severe.  It started in August and ran it's course for about 4 - 5 days and then returned 29 days later with severe cramping on one day and then on and off pain for about 4 more days.  
I had tubal in 1987 and an ablation in 2005.  Six months after ablation I started having pain in my lower left abdomin (abdomen).  Now it is 2012 and the pain is unbearable. It last 2 weeks every month and doubles me over in pain. It radiates around my back and down my left thigh.  I miss 3 days of work each month because of this. I have had CT scan, colonoscopy, ultrasound....told I have IBS, celiac disease...I take paxil, nortriptyline, antispasmotics, 1200 mg motrin and aleave daily.  I just found out about Post Ablation Syndrome and can't get my gyno to call me back....looking for new doc and some relief in 2012!
Another person with a similar story.  I had a tubal ligation in 1998 and a uterine ablation in 2007 for heavy bleeding due to fibroids.  I still had periods after the ablation, but they were much more "normal".  In 2011 I started having spotting almost continually, had a hysteroscopy, and a month later the horrible pains began.  I thought it was strange that after the hysteroscopy I didn't have any bleeding at all anymore.  My gyn told me I was just in menopause.  He sent me to the GI for the pain.  I had a CT scan, vaginal ultrasound, and sigmoidoscopy.  The GYN told me it was my colon, the GI told me it was my uterus.  No one had any answers for me even though the ultrasound had shown a large amount of fluid in my uterus.  The GYN just said my body would absorb the blood, and that the pain must be caused by something in my digestive tract.  Finally, I went to the Mayo Clinic where they repeated the ultrasound.  Imagine my relief when the radiologist ( a young female) told me about post ablation tubal ligation syndrome.  She said not many people know about it.  I am having a hysterectomy next week.  I was so relieved to finally have an answer.  After four months of excruciating pain (yes, I likened it to labor pains, severe pressure in the pelvic area, severe pain in the lower left abdomen, bloating), I finally realized it came at the same time every month.  If this sounds like you and your GYN doesn't know about this, GET ANOTHER OPINION!  Just wondering, I have also experienced changes in my bowel habits, and I swear it is related, but the doctors all say no.  Anyone else notice this?  After I have the hysterectomy, I bet you anything, my bowel habits will all return to normal. Can't wait to be done with the pain!
YES!!!!!! Bowel problems as well!!!! Got a new GYN Feb 6!!!!
I had my tubes tied in 1995, heavy bleeding for years, so I had the nova sure ablation done in January 2011.  It stopped the heavy bleeding, spotted for 7 months then all of a sudden nothing.  Then my stomach became very bloated and I gained about ten pounds.  Started having severe pain on my left lower abdomen in late November, it gradually got worse and worse.  I finally went to my obgyn and had an utrasound.  My uterus is filled with fluid.  She is going to open it up next week to let it drain.  You mentioned getting yours fixed, how do they fix it?  Will I have to go in and get it drained every so often or what? I am very discouraged by this whole thing.
I am in the same boat. I had a Tubal back in 1991. And had the Novasure procedure in 2010. Now I am experiencing severe cramping both front and back. Also, the procedure never did stop my bleeding. It did slow down a bit but never stopped. Makes you wonder what these doctors are doing when they perform the tubals. I have talked to lots of women who have this done and they all experience the same symtoms (symptoms). There has to be a doctor out there that actually gives a damn about what we are going through. If so step up please!!!!
I hope you get some relief!  I can't believe you lasted this long with the horrible pain!  My NEW GYN (in the appt. right before I decided to have the hysterectomy) told me they could try to relieve the pressure by opening up the cervix (which was closed up with scar tissue) but that the problem would likely happen again.  I told them I had spent 10 years trying to save my uterus, and I was DONE!  I had the (total) hysterectomy 2 and 1/2 weeks ago.  It was done robotically and I am doing well.  No more horrible pain!  I am still bloated off and on but I think this is still due to the surgery and effects of anesthesia.  I feel MUCH better and I hope you get relief from your pain, whatever you and your NEW doc decide to do!
Scheduled for hysterectomy on Feb 29.  My uterus is full of blood no way to escape and my left fallopian tube is one big blood clot!!!  This blog really saved my sanity!!!!
I thought my ablation last year was a success, even though I started having light periods.  Two months ago I started have cramps with my periods again.  This month, I have been cramping severely but with no bloodflow for 4 days now.   Only a little discharge that is similar to the scabby looking discharge immediatley after the procedure.Hurts to have a bowel movement and making me nauseous. Hurts to press on my uterus.
Ihad a tubaligation in 2001 after the birth of my twins and novasure procedure in Dec 2009 I had very heavy bleeding proir to the ablation and went to my gyno to see if possibly it could be fibroids causing heavy painful periods. After several tests and ultrasound she said I was a good candidate for novasure. It was the" alternative to hysterectomy and a bridge to menapause" she explained. Well all was fine til last year I started to suffer from horrible pain in my lower right side which radiated around to my lower back and I too had bloating and cramping. I also had dark blood spotting every 2 weeks or so. In Oct.2011 I went to E.R. cause the pain was so bad it induced vomiting. They dismissed it as a kidney stone. Again in Feb.2012 I passed out at work and ended up in E.R. again.They found nothing on there c.t. scans I followed up with my gyno 3 days later and was told I had a large mass in my utereus along with pockets of blood in and around the muscle of the uterine wall. He also confirmed that I had scar tissue, endometriosis as well as endomyosis.10 days later I had a hysterectomy. To the doctors surprise when he got in there he also found that I had a bleeding ovarian cyst which had adhered to my intestine and my fallopian tubes were backed up with blood so he had to take part of my tubes as well.I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and am still healing Funny, I was in worst shape after novasure than before and ended up having the hysterectomy afterall. I do not reccomend the procedure.
It appears I have post ablation syndrome. had tubal ligation in 1990, hemorraging in 2005 with emergency d&c , three more d&cs in the next 4 years as a result fibroids and the pain associated with the ablation syndrome. My doctor told me recently of this "new" syndrome associated with the ablation and we thought that it sounded like this is my problem. He is a great doctor and always listens. The pain can be so unbelievable pain pills wont even touch it, the pain seems to be associated with what would be my cycle. Blood tests show hormone levels are about midway through peromenopause.  . I am 54 years old and do not want a hysterectomy, I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and it has gone away after menopause? Gosh, I sure hope it does cuz this is ridiculous. It seems to be associated with tubal ligation and the ablation?
I was glad to read your recent post. I've been looking at discussion boards trying to find someone who has had this issue recently. I had my tubes tied after c-section in 2003. Afterwhich I started having very heavy periods with alot of discomfort, in 2008 I had the ablation done. Dr saying that it was great alternative to hysterectomy.Virually no period these last four years, which was wonderful. But over the last several months I have had lower back pain similiar to labor pains/cramping. Went to my regular dr a month or so ago and was dismissed as muscular, even though I insisted it wasn't. Finally decided to go to my ob/gyn this week. Did an ultrasound and was told it was due to the ablation and it was pockets of blood filling up that were causing the pain. Glad that I know what it is and that I'm not crazy, but not wanting to have a hysterectomy at the age of 42. Trying to find other options before I take that major step. Pain meds seem to help some, but I have also had bloating and constipation issues.  Hoping someone will post info on alternatives to hysterectomy or at least give some good info on how they are feeling post hysterectomy.
I was shocked to read all these stories. I too have just been diagnosed with post ablation syndrome after a painful trip to the ER a few days ago. Like so many others here I had a ligation about 8 years ago and a Novasure ablation about 2 years ago. Luckily the ER doctors were persistent and did a lot of work to rule out things like appendicitis, ovarian cysts and torsion...they weren't going to quit until they figured it out. They told me that the most effective way to fix the problem is to have a hysterectomy (sounds like you all heard the same story), but I made it very clear that I want that to be a last resort. Instead we're trying progesterone therapy, so I've started taking NoraBe everyday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will help and I can avoid surgery.
I am sad to see that so many women are dealing with this, but in a way it's good to know I'm not alone. I wish you all a speedy recovery!
I am 2 months post ablation and tubal and miserable! Went to the er last month with horrible cramping and stabbing pains on both sides. I was told I had a uti ( most likely from the catheter during surgery ) and given cipro and pain meds. One month later and here we go again. Still having all the symptoms and horrible pain of a period with minor dark spotting. My doctor called today and said take a pregnancy test immediately which of course not only puzzled me but freaked me out. Thank the lord it was negative but the only other advice I received was if it gets worse go to the er! So frustrated! On top of it all, since the surgery I have had issues with heartburn, nausea and diarrhea. I thought this surgery was supposed to help not make things worse!!! I have scheduled an appt with a different doctor but can't get in until next month. I hate it when doctors blow you off and make you feel like its all in your head. We know our bodies and know when something isn't right!
I too had an ablasion 4 years ago. Everything seemed wonderful for the last 3 years and 2 months and then lower abdominal pain started with my cycle. At first I was able to control the pain with 800 miligrams of ibuprophen every 5-6 hours. But, as each month past the pain contnually got worst, pain in lower abdomen, lower back, and down my leg, so severe that I went to my gyno. He attributed to my ovary and was going to remove it but, I became ill with a sinus infection and therefore he could not perform the surgery. The next month I suffered through it, doubled in pain , ended up in the emergency room where they did a CTC scan and ultrasound, showing that I had some kind of mass in my lower area where my right ovary and appendix are. They immediately started me on antibiotics intravenously, it seemed to help. I then went back to my GYN. He said I have blood backed up in my uterus and was filling my fallopian tube into my ovary which had swelled to 5 cm ( the mass they saw on CTC scan). He just performed a surgery to dialate my cervix. He did no D and C but blood is coming out like a period. He is extremely evasive about the whole situation and has no answers for me. He performed the ablasion 4 years ago and filled my head what wonderful benefits it would be, and were at first. He did not discuss the possible long term affects. Just reading about what you ladies are going through, I know that I have Post Ablasion Syndrome, it makes sence. I just hope that dialating my cervix will give me relief for a while anyway until I figure out what to do short of a hysterectomy... I am planning on consulting another GYN very soon.... If anyone has had any success in any treatment other than hysterectomy, please fill us in.....
I had my tubes tied after my youngest was born in 2001. Had horrific bleeding and cramping to the point I would wake up in a puddle of blood during my "period". In 2004 my gyno suggested The NovaSure procedure to help. I thought it was wonderful at first. Still had spotting every month and no PMS symptoms which my husband and kids enjoyed. About a week ago, I had horrific pain on my right side and lower abdomen. Went to the ER and they thought I had a UTI. They put me on antibiotics and something that turned my urine orange. The very next day the pain was still there and worse. Went to another ER and they did everything from an EKG, CT Scan, Xrays, etc. They said it was a pulled muscle. Well....went back on Fathers Day and they did a vaginal ultrasound and found a cyst. Made an appt with another gyno and as soon as I told him I had 2 C sections, tubal ligation, and ablation he said hes 80% sure I have post ablation syndrome. Going back in 2wks and we're going to discuss either having laparascopy done or just doing a hysterectomy. Its so great to have a gyno who knows whats wrong and willing to help.
I got a possible diagnonis for me: for pain after their EA procedure. Among that 5% of women with persisting pain 40% had retained fluid within the uterus—referred to by the authors as "postablation syndrome."

I DO NOT recommend having an Ablation procedure done!! It seems only a temporary fix & with possible harmful side effects. I realize now, that my previous menstrual issues were the least of my troubles, NOT worth the Cost physically or financially!
I am 39 yr old, mother of two (teens). Had a Nova-Sure balloon Endometrial Ablation done Nov 2010 (almost 2 yrs ago); as alternative cure for heavy menstrual cramps & bleeding, due to a thick uterine lining. The procedure and immediate symptoms were a breeze, took me a few months to adjust to new menstrual symptoms; still had hormonal affects, but almost no bleeding or cramps for approx a year.
Within the last few months my periods seem to be increasing:
1) back to a regular monthly cycle  
2) increased blood flow  
3) Increased menstrual cramps & AN ADDED PAIN IN MY LOWER BACK!!!!!

I have a constant pain in my lower right side back area. The back pain started small & about 7 months ago, occurring near the time of my period. Now the pain is constant, EVERYDAY- ALL DAY !!!! The pain level stays at approx at a 3 to 5 dulling intensity level, but increases to an 8 to 10 stabbing & debilitating pain intensity level, that comes & goes as it pleases!! GONNA HAVE TO HAVE STRONG MEDS FOR THIS PAIN!!!

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE DRs’ say about the pain side effects & what to do!!!! I’ve read lots of posts, most report having similar pains, but not much on why, how it relates or how to fix. SO I thought I’d post some discussions I found that may be helpful in connection with the back pain:
Possible Back Pain sources:
1) Urinary Tract Infection
2) Fluid or blood excess on the uterus
3) Fibroids or lesions on the uterus
4) Scarring or Fibroids pinching on the cervix
5) Nerve Damage

Possible procedures for the Diagnosis & Treatment:
1) Ultrasounds /vaginal ultrasounds
2) Biopsies & Procedures to drain fluids
3) Pain Medication
4) Surgery - ablation(NOT) or  hysterectomy

Hi i am trying to keep the faith , I have the same exact symptoms as yourself. infact I thought maybe I had some type of bowel cancer or something . your right labor pains are the only way to describe the cramping. I to have had a failed ablation and am looking at a partial hystorectomy. have you decided what to do and if so has it worked?
I had Essure and Novasure done 5 years ago...the last year..I am dying.  Severe pain. Cramping and spotting..
I had the Novasure procedure done April 18,2011 along with a D&C and tuba-ligation. I went through the surgery just fine, had minimum cramping and had the discharge for about 4 weeks. I felt great after that and my periods have came to a total stop. Fast forward a year later, I am having bad pains in my uterus,ovaries that radiates down into my upper legs, lower back/tailbone area, groins and vaginal area. My breast also swells,becomes painful and hot feeling right around the time I used to have a period and I bloat like I'm 4 months pregnant! The pains seems to be present all month long but worse when I'm ovulating or right when I'm supposed to have a period. When the stomach pains first started I thought I had the stomach flu, but then the pains kept getting stronger to the point I went to the emergency room. While there they checked me for appendicitis, kidney, bladder, gallbladder and liver stones which all came out fine and they sent me home saying it was a stomach bug and I had no infection in my body. I got curious and started researching my pains on-line and was horrid to see that so many other women are having the exact same issues I'm having! I tried to call my primary care (old one now) and she couldn't see me till the second week of September so I went and got a new doctor I get to see on the 27Th. I can't go back to the OBGYN that did my surgery, his office is no longer in my insurance's "network" and will only see me if I get a referral form my primary care. The only thing that brings me relief at the moment is a heating pad, large amounts of Motrin and warm bath soaks. I also got into a discussion with a friend of mine that had the same procedure done in October. I lost touch with her for a few months and when I re-connected with her she was telling me that she had the opposite,she bled like a hog and had the exact same pains. Just like the rest of the women I have encountered and read on the blogs she had to have a hysterectomy on New Years day this year. I'm hoping that this new doctor will be able to shed some light on what's going on inside me, this pain is about to drive me nuts. I have no energy, I'm tired all the time, moody and I'm tired of feeling like this!
All I can say is I am 6 months post hysterectomy. After 6 years with this pain (pain that sent me to the ER on 4 occassions) and no help from anyone, i am happy to say that I have had NO PAIN for 6 months. The bloating, back pain and bowel problems are gone as well.  I am taking HRT and feel like a million bucks.  I have my life back and am grateful.  My old GYN that performed the abaltion told me that Post Ablation Syndrome DID NOT EXIST.  I know that hysterectomy is always a womans last resort.....but from what my new GYN explained to me is that they did not do enough research before they started doing ablations......and that to truely fix it is a hysterectiomy....all other choices are a temporary fix and it will occur again. I don't know about anyone else but I was not going to risk the pain starting all over again.  My left fallopian tube had built up so much blood and pressure that it was shredded and I was bleeding internally.  This is just my opinion, but I would not change having the hysterectomy.
i am having the same symptoms. this time i was in bed for 3 days . The dr. had given me some industrial strength aleve to take for pain, it mmade me have a panic attack and now i cannot take anything for the pain.  The dr. said a hysterectomy is the only answer i am only 36 that has to be the last resort. any suggestions for helping with the pain. this month i have felt really bad no energy extreme pain all i do is lay around.
I would take a combo of 2 aleave and 3 ibuprophen every 4 hours and that helped control the pain.....but sometimes that didnt help and that was when I went to the ER.  I have spent 2 weeks in bed.  I am 10 years older than you but after ablation you cant have anymore children anyway.  The longer you wait the worst the pain and more often it gets. Please, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
I had HTA in 2007 and after years of horrendous, long, and heavy periods-I had finally found relief!  Until 2011-my periods were back!  Not bleeding as heavy but oh man!  The moodiness, the cramps, the back ache, the swollen tender breasts, the constipation, the hemorrhoids (Dr. tells me there is no link-but I get them at the same time my period is to start-so yea for me, right?), having to always wear a liner, cause I never knew when I would suddenly spot.  And Sex, forgot about-I have forgotten what a good O really feels like!  The pain is just too much to ever get close to one.  

Anyhow, I finally found a new Gyno Dr. and after a pelvic exam, he ordered ultrasounds.  He said before we even did the U/S that he was fairly certain I had Adenomyosis.  My Uterus is retroverted and extremely tender/slightly enlarged (the exam was done during the time of month for me that should be early/mid cycle).  The U/S results came back showing multiple small glandular spots in the muscle lining and He recommended a Hysterectomy. I am 45 and done having children.  So I am not worried about that.  But they want to take the cervix too-keeping hopefully both ovaries (but Surgeon says that they may have to take one of them due to endo).  (Both children were born between 30-33 weeks due to my cervix dilating at 4 months both times.  I had had one miscarriage before first child was born).  My one worry is without a cervix-will sex be affected?  I know the O is different for women and that the Uterus/cervix pay into it alot.  And my other worry is if I keep my ovaries-won't I still have the moodiness, breast tenderness?

Aside from being pain free and getting rid of all the issues that go along with it......I want to know if anyone has still had the intense Moodiness/irritability, tender breasts, and is sex really improved (very curious to hear this from women who had the cervix removed as well).  I am scheduled for surgery Sept 20, 2012.  Starting to second guess having the surgery now and I am getting really scared.  Thanks for your thoughts and advice.  
Don't worry, sex is better that ever and all I have left is one ovary.  I am on hormore relpacement.  I feel GREAT
I saw my ob/gyn today after another episode of massive doubled over cramping. This time I lived in the shower and used my heating pad so much I burned my stomach. He immediately sent me for an ultrasound. I could see a mass on the screen, she went to get the dr. right away. He explained, that the blood was backing up into my utereus and he was not sure why 2 yr after the ablation it is happening. He asked me if I was feeling Brave today and then went onto to perform a very uncomfortable procedure right there in the office to "give me instant relief" He basically went and made a hole with the assistance of the ultrasound tech, to make it drain. It was very uncomfortable. He said I will get some bleeding now, so it flows out. But next month if that pain comes back during my period, he needs to know right away because then it means it did not work. I also had2 c-sections, a tubal in 2007 and my ablation was done in Feb 2010. He insisted on doing the ablation instead of a hysterectomy bc I am 36yrs old. What is the difference, I am not having any more children. Has anyone else had a procedure done like this before to drain the blood backing up? Thanks, Lori
1996 I had a tubal, after 16 years of heavy periods a doctor mentioned the ablation procedure, I had procedure done May 2012.  About 6 weeks ago I began to have cramping and uncomfort, 2 weeks ago it became severe that I could best describe as being in labor dialated between 5-7 with periods of sharp stabbing pains.  Seen the doctor and after a vaginal exam he said I had scar tissue over my cervical opening, of which he opened.  I then had a uterine ultrasound and was prescribed vicodin with some relief.  2 days later the results showed blood pooling  in my uterus and per over was prescribed, providing relief for two days, then a ct scan was done with no new findings.  So now my doc tells me the only option is a hysterectomy.  Before finding this post I thought I was unique and thought everyone must think I'm crazy. but now I know I'm not alone.  Although my hysterectomy is scheduled for November 29, tomorrow I am going for a second opinion
Monkey
Hopefully you have found relief since this post is two years old, but in case you haven't, I had similar issues after ligation and ablation. I was ovulating bilaterally and the cysts were not rupturing, but growing larger and larger. They pressed into my bladder and bowel causing horrible pain. I ended up having a partial and then a full hysterectomy to solve the problem. I hope you have found some relief.
First off, I want to thank each and every one of you for coming forward with this horrible situation that you found yourself in. I was going to have this done at a veterans hospital...I am a veteran. I am angry ladies, ANGRY! WHY AFTER 2 YEARS OR WHENEVER THIS CAME OUT AND TOUTED AS A CURE AND FOUND NOT TO BE, WHY HAVEN'T THEY STOPPED???!!!!! We go to these doctor's thinking they should have the insight, the common sense, to know that THIS IS WRONG! THIS JUST MIGHT KILL MY PATIENT. HAS ANYONE TRIED TO SUE?  I can't wait to talk to my doctor, because I am going to cuss her a.. out!!!!! Then I am going to go to the director over the woman's clinic and I am going to tell him or her about all of you. Heavenly Father help us. This needs to stop.
AMEN!!!!
I also have this problem after having an ablation . 2 months ago due to bleeding over 12 weeks very heavy my doctor told me this was my best option.  While in he hopital due to the pain the doctor said all I needed was to open my cervics so while in pain, the ob/gyn tried to open up my cervics but said it was very shut due to scar tissue and refferred me to another doctor....a specailist.  Now this doctor says I just need a D&C. I requested a hist. but was told I was not a good canidate  as I have not delivered vaginally and my uterus had ruptured in the past.  I feel like I have had enough of the pain and problems and I am just ready to get it taken care of once and for all but my doctor seem to disagree. Any ideas?
Honey, find a new doctor!!!! Fast
I had an Ablation in 2010, my periods stopped and for awhile i thought everything was fine. I started to get this stomach ache, and feeling sick, which so happens to have brought me to this web community today looking for answers. I don't know if its related in any way but i have not been able to form a stool since the operation ether.
I had Adiana (a silicone piece used to block tubes) and Nova Sure last spring/summer of 2012. 1st I should have had the procedure done in the hospital not in the office. Post-op was so painful that night I ended up in the ER vomiting and in severe pain via ambulance as I could not even walk to the car. After that I spotted for a couple of months and then in the fall had zero bleeding. I thought that everything was finally over. Then off and on I would get cramps in what seemed to me to be possible cysts in my ovaries. 2 weeks ago after having sex I started to bleed and no have been spotting for two weeks. I thought maybe the lining was so thinned out it possibly got torn/damaged something. The pain the next day with the bleeding was so unbearable.  This was my second ablation as the "Her option" did not work with me. That one I had 5 years ago. Until I read all of the post on here I didn't know what was wrong with me, but now after reading all of this I am wondering if it is PTAS, and it sure looks like it to me. If that is the case they can take all of out and am so done with all of this after all these years, going to see my GY tomorrow and this sure is going to come right up. Thanks everyone for sharing your stories and making me feel like I am not alone.
Hi Maribb,

I am going through the same thing. What have you decided to do?
I am 45 years old and am debating on an ablation procedure.  I am currently on birth control  due to my getting painful ovarian cysts and because I don't want to get pregnant.  Anyway, I have 1 day of super heavy bleeding, I can't wear tampons and I have had an ultra sound etc... my gyn tells me that an abrasion would be good but after reading everyone's terrible side effects later on I am scared to death to do an ablation.  You mentioned some type of herb therapy etc.. do you think that there is some type of herb therapy that would help me with my period that would be healthier until I go into menopause, hopefully in the next 5 years?
It is good to know I am not alone in my suffering!  My ablation was done in 2006 and I am now scheduled for a hysterectomy.  For those of you who had a hysterectomy, did the pain go away?  Thanks!
Has anyone pursued any kind of class action lawsuit against Novasure yet?
With all of this monthly boating, excruciating pain, urine & bowel problems with nausea, continuous bleeding (mine is heavy at times), severe cramping to thighs and from the rib cage down being excessively tender to the touch and wasting our valuable time and wrecking our lives, looks like there could be some reprocussions for Novasure. They should at least have to pay for our hysterectomies following the provedure.
I'm changing doctors and contacting a lawyer post haste!
I have been having the same problems as mentioned above after have NavaSure in 2010. The pain in unbearable and no doctor could tell me what was wrong. Last week I saw a doctor at John's Hopkins and they told me it was caused by the NovaSure. I am having a hysterectomy this week because of it. I am only 28 years old. I have a feeling there is going to be some sort of class action law suit for this coming soon if so many woman are having these problems. It is terrible. The doctos make you think you are crazy.
I agree with you about accountability for this procedure, and  hopefully a large attorney corporation is watching these posts.   I am wondering about procedures coming before novasure I was not detailed on by a gyn/ob not acquainted with me.  I feel like I was used as a laboratory rat.  In one minute I went from normal activities of daily living and sports to doubled over in pain like a chemical fire was taking place behind my navel.  This happened 2 1/2 years after novasure.  I was 53 years old with cervical dysplasia on the date of the procedure, and hysterectomy was not discussed.  Ironically, hysterectomy had been discussed years earlier by a large Indiana university based medical group, and now I feel like I was a test subject for my age group by a medical corporation well known for a high local rate of psychotropic prescriptions to women.  I am very concerned about fluid collection in the uterus and look 5 months pregnant.  Metamucil will now become a part of my daily life.  Would I bother going back to that ob/gyn?  He charged state subsidized Anthem Blue Cross-Blue Shield $10,000 for his plethora of procedures, and believe he'd love to extend the tab with new procedures for a  55 year old woman (excluding hysterectomy), and perhaps suggest a sudden pathology for his colleagues in Urology, Gastroenterology, Psychiatry, and why not Ears, Nose and Throat?  After this GYN office candy sale of painful, deforming, and probably experimental pre-paid services, will go for the More Practical hysterectomy and bioidentical hormone package, sold separately.
I had a tubal ligation in 2004 and the Novasure on May 15, 2012 because of very heavy periods that were lasting 7- 10 days each month. I was aprehensive at first about the procedure because I have Lupus. My doctor assured me that it would be perfectly fine and so I went ahead and schedule the ablation. The procedure went perfectly normal as was the recovery.  For the past year, I haven't had a period at all and apart from feeling grumpy and bloated for 3-4 days each month it's been wonderful!  A couple of months ago the pain started.  At first it was dull aching cramps that caused bloating and extreme tenderness in my pelvic area. Last month while at a theme park with my family I suddenly had horrible cramps that felt like contractions and I started to bleed... Not a lot of blood but enough I had to buy a restroom pad.  Each month the pain comes back and each month, the pain is  worse than the last, except for last month, there has been no bleeding, just pain.  This pain is a constant ache in the lower pelvic area that wraps around to my back. Sharp stabbing pain comes every few minutes, building like a contraction until I'm doubled over. Several times I've gone to sit on the toilet thinking that if I just bear down it will help. It doesn't. I have spent the last hour laying here reading each of these stories and becoming more and more angry. Had I found this thread before my ablation I would never have gone through it. This makes me angry, I was assured that if it failed, I would just start having periods again.   I too am wondering about if there is a class action suit and/ or if any other of research has been done about this complication.
I agree that there should be some kind of class action law suit.  I also had an ablation in August of 2009.  About a year and a half later I started having terrible pain on my right side every month when I was supposed to be having my period.  The pain was so bad that I couldn't even stand up straight and I would miss work because I couldn't even get out of bed some days.  I was ready to cut myself open and start ripping out parts myself!  I finally had enough and talked to my doctor and scheduled a hysterectomy, which I had in June.  Best thing I ever did!  My doctor came in after the surgery and told me he thinks he found the source of my pain....my bowel was attached to my right fallopian tube by some filmy scar tissue! I have been pain free since the hysterectomy.  I wish I would have know about this at the time I had the ablation, I could have saved myself a lot of pain and misery and just had the hysterectomy then.  To all out there in severe pain, don't just wait around hoping it will get better like I did.    
I had a similar experience. Tubes tied in 08, ablation Oct 2011. No problems until about a month ago.  Severe Sharp Pain in my lower left abdomen, down into my groin and even down to my knee at times. Constant pain, even worse at night. ultrasound showed blood trapped in the uterus. Prescription pain meds weren't completely taking the pain away and my gyn said options are hysterectomy, d and c our laparoscopy. He mentioned that bc Pills Might give me some temporary pain relief.  I ants about depo, thinking that if it Aims it might last longer.  It HAS been working so far. It's a temp fix, but after the pain I've gone through I will take any relief I can get!
I had a similar experience. Tubes tied in 08, ablation Oct 2011. No problems until about a month ago.  Severe Sharp Pain in my lower left abdomen, down into my groin and even down to my knee at times. Constant pain, even worse at night. ultrasound showed blood trapped in the uterus. Prescription pain meds weren't completely taking the pain away and my gyn said options are hysterectomy, d and c or laparoscopy. He mentioned that bc Pills Might give me some temporary pain relief.  I asked about depo, thinking that if it workd
it might last longer.  It HAS been working so far. It's a temp fix, but after the pain I've gone through I will take any relief I can get!
I am having the same problems as all of these women after having my Ablation in 2005. What did you end up doing about yours? Thanks for any insight.
Here I am 3 years after you, my ablation was in 2005. Wondering what you ended up doing? My doc basically said it will go away when I go through menopause and there is no way in the world I can wait 10 more years for that. Thanks for any insight.
Hi there, I am in the same place as you were and am wondering if you had the tube removed or not and if so, how has it affected you?

Thanks for any insight, I am dying of pain but can't stay on pain meds the rest of my life.

I, too had a tubal ligation followed by an ablation in 2007-2008.  I experienced little to no bleeding since procedures.  However, this summer, I experienced severe abdominal pain, radiating to my legs, mostly on the right side of my abdomen.  After a few months of thinking it was a past ovarian cyst issue, the pain got to be so bad, it was unbearable on a daily basis.  I made an Gyno appt, but before I could make the appt, I ended up in the emergency room, had an emergency hysterectomy of my uterus, cervix, tubes and right ovary.  Please make an appointment ASAP, the pain will only get worse, I assure you.
I had a tubal ligation in 1997 and Endometrial Ablasion in 2005.  I didn't have my cycle for November and was in severe pain in December.  I made an appointment immediately with the OB/GYN and they did an ultrasound, only to find that I have a blood bubble trapped inside my uterus due to not getting all of the lining.  So now I have to have another procedure to have it drained, and I am wondering if I should have another physician to do this, as I don't want the other doctor to go in and do anything other than drain it.  Any thoughts?
I also had a tubal ligation and ablation and after almost 8 years  I have started having bad cramps and very light period every month. It really hurts and is very uncomfortable I was not told this could happen and does hurts a lot I had a pelvic sonogram done and it came out clear. I am taking naprossen every month for the pain and I really dont know what to so amymore.
I know your post is old but I'm wondering how things turned out. I had an ablation 3 years ago. I have been having bad back pain for the last year with bad menstrual cramps I get severe cramps mid cycle and during my period with cramping down my left thigh, my lower abdomen, and my back pain gets 10x worse.  I also have had non stop spotting of black and brown blood for 2 months. My doctor decided my cervix is closed by scar tissue and I may have old blood backing up. I also had an Ultrasound and it shows a 5 cm cyst on my ovary. Had a D&C today with hysteroscopy. She dilated my closed cervix but said there was no old blood. She did take a biopsy.

I'm  wondering if you are still having issues including back pain and if not, what did they do to resolve it. I'm 41 and wondering if it's just early menopause causing the off colored drainage but if doesn't fit with the back pain. Any advice would be great
Did your symptoms go away after your hysterectomy? My story is similar,

I had an ablation 3 years ago. I have been having bad back pain for the last year with bad menstrual cramps I get severe cramps mid cycle and during my period with cramping down my left thigh, my lower abdomen, and my back pain gets 10x worse.  I also have had non stop spotting of black and brown blood for 2 months. I also have bowel issues with a negative colonoscopy. I was told it's probably just irritable bowels.

My gynacologist is wonderful and knows about post ablation syndrome. She said my cervix is closed by scar tissue and I may have old blood backing up. I also had an Ultrasound and it shows a 5 cm cyst on my ovary. Had a D&C today with hysteroscopy. She dilated my closed cervix but said there was no old blood. She did take a biopsy.

I'm  wondering if you are still having any issue like before your hysterectomy? I'm 41 and wondering if it's just early menopause causing the off colored drainage but if doesn't fit with the back pain. Any advice would be great
Hi! I am 44. I had a tubal ligation in 1998 and Endometrial Ablasion in 2008. I had spotting the first 30 days, but when the procedure preformed I was close to my cycle, so the blood that  release. Every month since the procedure was done I was have mild/medium menstrual cramps; funny thing is I felt the cramping where I was injected for numbing for the procedure. Then slowing the cramping started to become more pronounced starting around June and in July 2013 I experienced for the first time pain that I had only experienced in child birth. I was a crippling pain and continual- my stomach contacted as if i had a child inside of me. I was balled up in the fetal position so tight I thought I would snap in half. I called my dad and nearly scared him to death- he had only heard of this kind of pain from my uncle who had died recently from bone cancer... I suffered through an entire day and then next day it just ended as if it never happened. I had light bleeding and extreme tenderness throughout my abdomen- almost as if I had been kicked by a horse in the stomach, it hurt to cough. I tried to get in with my physican/GYM referral but there were no appointments available prior to my deployment to Afghanistan in August. Since I have been deployed I have experience the same pain 3 times. The first time back in July was horrible, and I only took Motrin and Tylenol to try to soothe the pain- neither worked. The second time was pretty bad and just came on suddently- I just stayed in bed. The third time was the worst- the cramps was so severe you could see my stomach muscles contracting involuntary - I tried pillows inbetween my legs- heating bags, propping myself up- hot showers- NOTHING HELPED... I ended up being awake nearly 24 hours sitting and rocking on the side of my bed in severe pain- my tears seemed to not end. Finally I had to have someone take me to the military hosiptal to seek relief- once there they gave me vicodin and for the first time since the pain started I got some relief and much needed rest. I redeploy in July and after numerous online searches and countless phone consultations with my primary doctor one thing is for sure- I can not wait to have a hysterectomy... I look forward to that extreme comapred to the pain I am now subjected to.  
I am also suffering from Post ablation tubal sterilization disorder.  I had a tubal ligation in 2000, and an endometrial ablation in 2007 after suffering very heavy periods. It was successful for a short time, it was less than a year after the ablation that my PMS symptoms started to get worse. The bleeding was minimal, but the cramping, stomach problems slowly got worse over time.  I have been to the ER on several occasions thinking it may be my appendix, but after ultrasounds and CT scans everything came out clear. In January I was in such terrible pain I ended up in the ER again, and was told I had a few cysts on my ovary and referred me to my Gynecologist. I was told at that appt. I had a polyp and 4 cysts, and that I was to come back for another Ultra sound in a few months. I never got my period that month, and still have not had one since, and over the past few weeks I have been in tremendous pain. It is a lot of cramping, bloating and contractions similar to labor pains. I got into see my doctor last week, and he did diagnose me with this disorder. Ultimately what is happening to my body is, is that I am still having periods but the blood is unable to come out because of the build-up of scar tissue caused from the ablation.  I am now scheduled for a hysterectomy in one month. I am trying to get through one day at a time right now. I hope anyone who is thinking about getting an endometrial ablation really understands the consequences that this procedure can have on their body.
I have the exact same story. I feel furious that there was no mention of my tubal ligation (my gyno was surprised after i told her that i had had one) and the possibility that this could cause problems with the endometrial ablation. I have had nothing but thick yellowish discharge, and loads of pain in my pelvic region (fallopian tubes) and lower back. It is wearing me out. I feel depressed and have no energy. I am extremely emotion. My gyno cannot see me until July 4th, so I have to suffer with this chronic pain until then. And just today, i passed what looked like some uterine lining (cream coloured clump with bloody tinge inside). What a nightmare this endometrial ablation has been for me!! :(