Post partum Depression/illness? Please help!!

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hey everyone, I gave birth to a healthy beautiful baby girl about a 2 months ago and I have been having problems ever since. I was happy and healthy before my baby, but since I have had her my life has been a living hell. The day after I gave birth, I developed sleeping problems. I would jolt awake while drifting off to sleep. I also wake up several times in the middle of the night. I also have PVC's everyday. They really scare me and are annoying too. I have had my shoulder tingling/feeling numb as well. And my left ear is constantly popping. I have shallow breathing, and just feel weird and sickly. I get into a weird mental state sometimes. I can't explain it. Also severe headaches and pounding in my head and chest at times. I'm scared I have encephalitis or hormone disorder. I have had blood & thyroid tests, urinalysis, chest xray, EKG all normal. I have been diagnosed with PPD. Help?
The symptoms that you are having are due to post partum depression. Please get in touch with an experienced counselor.Supportive counseling feels helpful, and as part of the overall treatment plan does help. Try to identify and focus on activities that make you feel better. Motivate yourself to do things for yourself. Don't isolate yourself socially. Take part in activities even when you may not want to. This will uplift your mood and wellbeing.Talk with your friends and family and consider joining a support group. Communicating and discussing your feelings is an integral part of your treatment and will help with your recovery. Try to maintain an optimistic outlook. Regular exercise and proper diet are essential to good health.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

krichar commented on photo
KTowne Little man is getting stron... Comment
Day 113
8 hrs ago by sicraw
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals