Post-surgical incision hematoma
Hi there. I'm 3 weeks post-op from laparoscopic surgery to treat endometriosis. I've had a lump underneath one of the side incisions that puckers when I bend over and pulls on movement. I saw the surgeon about it yesterday and he said of 3 possibilities, it could be bleeding that has hardened and should soften over time, but the incisional scar tissue has attached to the lump and may cause permanent puckering as the lump softens. Does anyone have a similar experience or advise concerning this? Much thanks.
I had a post-surgical seroma, which is a collection of fluid.  It was quite painful.  I also have 2 lumps similiar to what you've described and my laporatomy was 7/06....one on each side of the incision...real attractive.  My surgeon said that it was scar tissue that formed under the surface or old scar tissue that surfaced up.  He said it was nothing to be worried about and possibly over time will disappear.  I'm not sure if this helps you much, but I think it's quite common.  My lumps pucker too with movement or pulling.  The area still feel kind of tight as well, but it sure doesn't look like it is...LOL  

Best of luck
My daughter had a lash hysterectomy last Thursday and has a large knot under her left side incision also. She complains of severe pain, I took her back to the doctor who sent us to a surgan. The surgan said it was a hematoma and not to worry, My daughter has a high pain tolerance so when she says it is extremely painful - just in that one site I am concerned. Does anyone have extra info or possibilities to check for?
Thanks!
I had a hysterectomy in June 2009. It is now 5 months later  I have almost a smiley face incision right above the vagina and I am experiencing regular soreness in the incision area.. Is this normal? Is it too soon to believe that I shouldn't be having any pain/soreness in the incision area?
I know this is several months after your message so I hope you have it taken care of, but incase it can help someone else experiecing the same issue, no I don't believe you should be having pain that long after. I had a full hysterectomy in June 07 and my pain was gone long before that. However I believe emotional pain on be different for everyone!