Pre Ejaculation and pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pre Ejaculation and pregnancy

I was wondering if it is possible to get pregnant from pre ejaculate, and if it is possible, does every man pre ejaculate?
Pre-ejaculate comes from the cowper's gland, not testicles. Newer studies have shown that there should be NO sperm in pre-ejaculate, unless maybe the guy hasn't urinated since his last ejaculation.
Yes and yes. While there isn't much sperm in pre ejaculate, there is some and it is possible. And as far as I know, every man has pre ejaculate.
i heard that U can get pregnant with pre ***...because it does carry a small amount of sperm...i also always wondered about that because i also heard that the guy doesnt feel it coming out...
During intercourse, when the man is aroused, there are approximately 300,000 sperm at the tip of his penis ready to be released.  Especially while the female is ovulating, the sperm can be 'milked' out of the penis tip during intercourse.  

Yes, there are sperm in pre ejaculate.  For sure.  I have several friends who conceived, and 'put it in' a couple times before putting on the condom...who got pregnant this way.
Hahaha, "milked" out? What happens there? A hand comes out from the vagina and makes sperm come out of the penis? That is a lie...or myth depending on which way you look at it. Either way, it is totally false. Also, sperm is not just sitting at the tip of the penis. Sperm is made in the testicles. There is NOT sperm in pre-ejaculate UNLESS there has been a recent ejaculation and the man has not urinated since. Recent meaning a few hours. And even if there is sperm, it's most likely immobile. I myself have freaked out about pre-ejaculate and always worry a little, but the "milking" thing was laughable. You shouldn't be posting on a website like this if you honestly believe that. Also, friends lie. I never trust anything anyone says unless I saw it with my own eyes. Friends may say they just "put it in" a couple times simply because they don't want to fess up that they were the ones who never used protection. Don't trust people who say they got pregnant under crazy circumstances. It's a lot harder to get pregnant than people think.
I Really do Not think there is Any sperm in pre-ejaculation. Only IF the guy ejaculated right before you have sex.
Which scares me now because My fiance and I had sex the other day (which happened to be the day I was ovualting, oops). What he does before we have sex and to last a little longer he goes into the bathroom and makes him self ejaculate. I guess this helps him Last a longer time to please me first. I'm not too sure if he went pee before we had sex, but I Really hope that he did. He Did "pull out" and I believe that works IF your boyfriend/husband KNOWS what he is Doing!!. I guess I'll have to wait and see if I get my period.
Here is the paragraph from Contraceptive Technology on pre-ejaculate fluid.

"Some concern exists that the pre-ejaculate fluid may carry sperm into the vagina. In itself, the pre-ejaculate, a lubricating secretion produced by the Littre or Cowper's glands, contains no sperm. A study examining the pre-ejaculate for the presence of spermatozoa found none in the samples of 16 men. However, a previous ejaculation may have left some sperm hidden within the folds of the urethral lining. In examinations of the pre-ejaculate in a small study, the pre-ejaculate was free of spermatozoa in all of 11 HIV-seronegative men and 4 or 12 seropositive men. Although the 8 samples containing spermatozoa revealed only small clumps of a few hundred sperm, these could possibly pose a risk of fertilization. In all likelihood, the spermatozoa left from a previous ejaculation could be washed out with the force of a normal urination. However, this remains unstudied."

Dr. John Guillebaud made a very similar comment: "Much more probable causes of failure of withdrawal as a contraceptive result from partial ejaculation of a larger quantity of semen, sometimes occurring a short while before the final male orgasm; OR withdrawal during the latter (the orgasm) rather than before it starts."

I don't have a scientific answer. My only guess is that what a man thinks is "only" pre-ejaculatory fluid is probably more than just the pre-ejaculate. Hence he did not interrupt his coitus soon enough!!" Dr. Mitchell D. Creinin

My bf had pre *** and stuck it in for less then a minute so idk if i can be pregnant be kuz He  peed a while before we had sex and didn't masturbate or had sex in like 2days so idk if he could get me pregnant still
My girlfriend and I were fooling around naked in bed.  I did not stick my penis in her vagina, but might have touched it with the tip only.  I did not ejaculate.  However, I might have had precum fluid on the tip of my penis.  I had not ejaculated that morning before seeing her and definitely urinated; I also urinated the night before.  What are the chances of her getting pregnant?  Please help me.  Also, if she got the precum fluid off my penis and rubbed it on her vagina, could she become pregnant by doing this, considering the fact that I had not ejaculated that very morning and urinated, once in the morning and of course once more the night before.  Please help me.  Thank you very much.
I've been doing studies and there have not been any pre-*** pregnancies. However, the males do not have semen in the tips of their penis. The semen gradually moves its way up there.

Such as this:
When a male is performing self-masterbation "jacking-off" in order for him to not have "blue-balls" he needs to ejaculate (***). The sperm works from the testicles up to the tip. For this to happen, when rubbing, it'll remain at the testicles unless he is arroused. If aroused, the sperm is active. With the constant moving up and down, it'll move up and down. Sperm follows ALL penetration.

For a man to ejaculate, he must be completely "turned on". While doing so, the sperm will activate and start to move towards the tip. Then while it starts doing so, it creates a milky clear sticky substance. Known as precum. Precum does NOT contain semen.

It acts like a lubricant, but isn't really one. The safest thing to do is wipe it off and get it off there. No harm will be done either way. Unfortunatly, if the male inserts himself into a female, unsafely, and ejaculates she could have the possibility of getting pregnant.

Not everyone gets pregnant from the man ejaculating in her. If it does end up as so, then it is important that she goes to a gyno-clinic and get checked out for and STD or other problems.

There is a way to get around the pregnancy:

1 Just touch never insert (Fingering, Oral)
2 Anal
3 Abstinance
4 Massages
5 Kissing
6 Self-Masterbation

Not all of those are what you might be looking for. But I highly suggest that new explorers try that before they are suited.

* THIS IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY A FEMALE GYNOCOLOGIST (PhD). IF ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE REPLY. I'LL GIVE CORRECT INFORMATION.
i found out yesterday that i am pregnant....never been pregnant b4 in my life....and my boyfriend has never ejaculated in me......SO I AM CURRENTLY PREGNANT FROM PRECUM,,,,,,,SO PLS TAKE DOWN THE RIDICULOUS LIES AND FOES....BECAUSE I AM PROOF THAT ANYONE CAN GET PREGNANT FROM PRECUM.....now wat i wanna kno is how is everyone so convinced there is no sperm in precum meanwhile my man never ejacualted in my vagino NOT ONCE?!?!?! pls i am so confused
Ok me nd my gf had unprotected sex Saturday nd iKnow for a fact that iPulled out before iNutted my
main concern is the pre-*** how likely is she to get pregnant???...I'm extemely
scared
about what may happen someone please
help!!!!!!!!
There is still a chance. The pull out method is NOT reliable and shouldn't ever be used in place of protection. Wait until she's due for her period and see if it comes. If it doesn't, have her take a pregnancy test with first morning urine. If you don't want to get pregnant in the future, get birth control and/or condoms.
How large is the chance of her getting pregnant??..and how long can the plan B pill be affective after unprotected sex?
Ok I hope someone can answer my question. My girlfriend and I decided to have sex for the first time 8 days ago. I pulled out before ejaculating, but i am sure there was pre-ejaculate there. I had pissed multiple times since my last ejaculation. She had always told me she was on birth control and I had still wanted to use a condom but at the time I didnt have one and I thought it would be ok if she was on the pill. However, a few days ago she told me that she was worried because she had forgotten to take the pill for a week before hand!!! I am extremely worried and I am hoping someone can answer me...given this information, what are the chances that she is pregnant? I do also know that she had just gotten off her period 2 days before we had intercourse. Please anyone answer me I could really use some help! Thanks!
Ok me and my girlfriend had sex twice and (we are 15 but i am going to be 16 in a couple of weeks) the first time she just got on top of me and i wasn't even "turned on" the second time was and I know this will sound discusting but was durring he period and that time we did that i pulled out like 1 min before cumming, and it was far away from her vagina. Now she says she breasts have gotten bigger and her stomach has gotten bigger but not much. please help me i am freaking out!!!!!!!!! could this mean she is pregnant or not???????
My girlfriend ended her period August 3rd 2010, and then we had sex Aug 18th for like 20 minutes without a condom. I did not ejaculate in her and possibly had some precum. I also did not have a previous ejaculation earlier that day. We then again had sex on Aug 28th for like 5 minutes without a condom. I did not ejaculate in her. However, I did previously ejaculate that day. I do not remember if I urined that day after the first ejaculation but I believe I did possibly pee once. It is now September 3rd. You experts do the math, should I be worried that my girlfriend is pregnant? Please do the math.
My boyfriend and I had sex three days ago and he did not use a condom. He ejaculated into my mouth (I'm blushing now) and we cuddled for about an hour. After that hour, we had sex another time, also without a condom. I am almost positive that during this time he did not urinate, but I cannot be sure as he did go downstairs at one point for a short time. Is it possible for me to be pregnant,and if so, how do you suggest I go about getting tested? (I am 16)
Hi there,

my girlfriend and I were together, and there was unprotected penetration, me being inside of her for only a few seconds. There would have only been precum, if any because she got on top right after a ******** (As in she may have wiped any precum from the tip). This was after a full day, so I had urinated multiple times that day - forcing any semen possibly sitting in the urethra out from previous ejaculation from the night or two before. She had about a week long period, then this happened about a week afterwards. She is expecting her period sometime next week. What are your thoughts regarding chance of pregnancy?

Thank you very much for your help.