Pregnacy while taking the pill
I've been on the pill for three years, I've been taking it pretty consistantly, every day about the same time, within at most 2 or 3 hours of the same time. but that's not as often as a half hour to an hour past the usual time or on the same time 6pm. I've heard a lot of different things and just want to know the likelihood of me getting pregnant. My husband and I don't use any other contraceptive other than the pull out method and bc pills. We are not ready for kids just yet so just wondering if we should use other contraceptive, is it even possible to get pregnant on the months where i was a little late taking the pills?
Hi!
Normally there should be no problem as long as you are taking a pill every 24 hours. Once you have been on pill for 2-3 years, a delay of 3-4 hours in taking the pill should not cause much problem. In fact most pills allow you to pop them in as soon as you remember to take them after the due time provided you take the next pill on time as usual.
To be extra sure, you could use an additional contraceptive such as condoms on your fertile days: 2-3 days before to 3-4 days after ovulation. Please also discuss this with your gynecologist. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
If taken regularly and at the same time then birth control pills are quite effective and should prevent pregnancy. Just ensure to take it everyday without fail.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.