Women's Health Community
Pregnancy, or pms?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnancy, or pms?

So, the past couple of weeks, i have been experiencing things that could either be a sign of pms or pregnancy, but they are leaning enough on the pregnancy side to have me a little paranoid until i find out for sure.  I'm 20 and recently married, my husband and i are not trying to be pregnant right now, but it obviously could happen anyway.  I definitely ovulated this month; i know because i get really bad ovulation cramps (yeah, weird).  that was 2 or 3 weeks ago though, and for the past week and a half or so, my nipples have been really sore and suddenly i have bumps all over both (which after doing some research, i found could be a sign of pregnancy).  I also have had cramping for the past 4 days or so, and been really tired.  I still haven't gotten my period which isn't a huge surprise because i'm fairly irregular, but i still wonder... i took a pregnancy test about a week ago, but it came out negative.  Any thoughts??
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1527510_tn?1392304944
You could be pregnant and could have just tested too early. I would re test, using first morning urine and see what it says. If it's negative then it's safe to say you;re not pregnant and you're just experiencing PMS.
Blank
932659_tn?1332122304
Hi,

Yes it sounds like it could definitely go either way - pregnancy or pms.  Sometimes the signs are so close!  I've never heard of the bumps on the breasts so I am going to do some reading up on that.  If you took a test a week ago, I'd probably test again just to be sure.  Other than that, I'd say wait for the period and if doesn't come soon and you aren't pregnant either, I'd say to see a doctor to see what's going on.  Let us know how it goes :)
Blank
thanks guys :)
I'll retest tomorrow morning.
I'm setting up an appointment with an OBGYN (i'm new to the town i live in so i need one) for very soon because i am really irregular too, so that will be helpful.
The latest thing is that my acid reflux totally kicked up a notch or two today...
I'll keep you posted :)
Blank
ok, one more thing... after i ate dinner tonight, i felt really naucious. Which is weird because usually, when i feel crappy, all i want to do is eat.
Blank
and all i'm craving is sour patch kids which i usually never opt for... oh goodness.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...