Pregnancy, or pms?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Pregnancy, or pms?

So, the past couple of weeks, i have been experiencing things that could either be a sign of pms or pregnancy, but they are leaning enough on the pregnancy side to have me a little paranoid until i find out for sure.  I'm 20 and recently married, my husband and i are not trying to be pregnant right now, but it obviously could happen anyway.  I definitely ovulated this month; i know because i get really bad ovulation cramps (yeah, weird).  that was 2 or 3 weeks ago though, and for the past week and a half or so, my nipples have been really sore and suddenly i have bumps all over both (which after doing some research, i found could be a sign of pregnancy).  I also have had cramping for the past 4 days or so, and been really tired.  I still haven't gotten my period which isn't a huge surprise because i'm fairly irregular, but i still wonder... i took a pregnancy test about a week ago, but it came out negative.  Any thoughts??
You could be pregnant and could have just tested too early. I would re test, using first morning urine and see what it says. If it's negative then it's safe to say you;re not pregnant and you're just experiencing PMS.

Yes it sounds like it could definitely go either way - pregnancy or pms.  Sometimes the signs are so close!  I've never heard of the bumps on the breasts so I am going to do some reading up on that.  If you took a test a week ago, I'd probably test again just to be sure.  Other than that, I'd say wait for the period and if doesn't come soon and you aren't pregnant either, I'd say to see a doctor to see what's going on.  Let us know how it goes :)
thanks guys :)
I'll retest tomorrow morning.
I'm setting up an appointment with an OBGYN (i'm new to the town i live in so i need one) for very soon because i am really irregular too, so that will be helpful.
The latest thing is that my acid reflux totally kicked up a notch or two today...
I'll keep you posted :)
ok, one more thing... after i ate dinner tonight, i felt really naucious. Which is weird because usually, when i feel crappy, all i want to do is eat.
and all i'm craving is sour patch kids which i usually never opt for... oh goodness.
Paxiled commented on  Herbs and Spices Low...
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals