Women's Health Community
Pregnancy, the pill and spotting
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnancy, the pill and spotting

I have been on the pill 4 years and am on the combi pill (21 days with 7day break) and try to take my pills about the same time each morning, although admittedly, sometimes they are taken late in the afternoon. Recently, I went away on holiday and became somewhat 'relaxed' in taking my pill. I started the new pack two days late and then missed a further two pills that first week. About 4 days later I began spotting and thought this to be another period brought on early by taking the pills irregularily. During this time I had unprotected sex with my partner one night, but didn't think I'd be a risk as believed I was on my period. The spotting stopped about three days later.
It is too soon for me to take a pregnancy test, but in speaking with a friend she has now worried me into thinking that I may have fallen pregnant. Has anyone had an experience like this? I'm just looking for some peace of mind.