Pregnancy, the pill and spotting

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Pregnancy, the pill and spotting

I have been on the pill 4 years and am on the combi pill (21 days with 7day break) and try to take my pills about the same time each morning, although admittedly, sometimes they are taken late in the afternoon. Recently, I went away on holiday and became somewhat 'relaxed' in taking my pill. I started the new pack two days late and then missed a further two pills that first week. About 4 days later I began spotting and thought this to be another period brought on early by taking the pills irregularily. During this time I had unprotected sex with my partner one night, but didn't think I'd be a risk as believed I was on my period. The spotting stopped about three days later.
It is too soon for me to take a pregnancy test, but in speaking with a friend she has now worried me into thinking that I may have fallen pregnant. Has anyone had an experience like this? I'm just looking for some peace of mind.
birth controls not 100% and you missing them and messing them up really lessens the effectiveness. you were not taking your pills correctly and had unprotected sex durning that time. messing up your pills can cause you to bleed or spot and that doesnt mean your protected from getting pregnant.

your going to have to take at test
gymdandee commented on Make A Shake That Wil...
1 hr ago
dayna852 commented on Make A Shake That Wil...
KTowne commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals