Women's Health Community
Pregnancy/Mineral Hot Springs Safe?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnancy/Mineral Hot Springs Safe?

What's the verdict on pregnant women using mineral hot springs (natural and controlled)??
Tags: Pregnancy
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
The problem is the heat.  You're not supposed to let your body get very hot when pregnant, and a lot of hot springs set up for bathing, like hot tubs, clock in hotter than they should for safety during pregnancy.  In fact, a bath at the proper temperature when pregnant feels a little bit cool or tepid.  If you google it, you can find the number you're not supposed to be letting your body temp go above.  The added problem with a hot tub or hot spring during pregnancy is also that, unlike a bathtub, not a lot of your body is sticking out (so there is not much natural cooling of the blood on the parts exposed to air), and the water also does not cool down rapidly as it does in a bathtub, so you tend to stay too hot for too long.
Blank
681148_tn?1285160820
What Annie said.  I've never been pregnant, but even I can't handle the heat of those things, so I know it isn't safe for a pregnant woman to be in those.  In addition to what she said, the high heat will raise your BP.  I will black out.  Thinking about that happening to a pregnant woman, I can see that it would not be a good idea.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...