Pregnancy Symptoms but tests negative

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 401-498 comments:
Hi, I have taken a Pregancy test and it came back negative, I have the implant my periods are never regular, I have tender breasts, can stop peeing, and have period cramps, an brown discharge, and I also have ibs so can never tell with the bloating. Please help, I know my body and I just dont feel right. Oh! And I have also put if about 4-5 pounds which isn't like me I'm a small size 8! Don't know what to do. Somebody please give me some advice! Thankyou Hayley!
Hi I am 39 and have a very bad case of PCOS. I started trying when I was 22 with my now ex husband and no luck. I have been with my new man for 3 yrs and we have been trying to have a baby. I have gone 7 yrs before without a period. I was seeing a fretility Dr and he had me take clomid that resulted in not working for me. So then we switched to femara for one cycle and still nothing. I took a little break from the meds while I waited to see my new fertility Dr. However, Oct 1 I had a natural cycle (no meds at all) and think I may have Ovulated on Oct 17. I have had a blood test done and it was neg. Oct 30 I had some spotting the size of a quarter and it was pinkish, this would have been around 13 dys past ovulation. They say implantaion happens between 6 -12 dys after O. So it could have been that. It is now Nov 25 and I still don't feel myself. I never had sensitive breasts before but now when the nipples are touched even by the water from the shower there is some sensation there. I take metformin and this helps keep me reg but I have been feeling very bloated and find it hard to go and when I do it's not much. I do pee a bit more than normal. I find that I can only sleep on my back as any other position is uncomfortable for me. Any pressure on my stomach is uncomfortable. I used to toss and turn like crazy and perfered sleeping anyway but on my back. I wake up with back pain (don't really have it any other time of day). I feel sick if I don't eat and then shortly after eating. I have not been sick. No matter how much sleep I get or how little I am tired all day long and just want to sleep (not normal for me). I have been very moody and seems to be getting more so. The other night my man went out to play poker and I was fine with that but when he got home I was so upset and crying and not sure why. About 5 min later all was good as if it never happened. As I said I feel bloated and not comffy in any of my pants even jogging pants. I am a little on the plump side so I already have a belly but I could stand infront of the mirror and suck it in without a prob and one could see the diff. Not now I can still suck it in some but can't really tell that I am. I have actually lost 20 lbs prior to all this. When I suck it in now there is a small bump right around the belly button area. I have not had any food cravings but I take Omega 3-6-9 and that is said to min the cravings. I have noticed that some foods taste diff. I have not noticed any smell changes except I love the smell of a nice cigar and hubby got one from a friend and I was loving it then a about 1 week later he got one again. The same kind as before and I wanted it out faster then he lit it. Now It is ok so he has one I am not liking or disliking it. I get the odd headache that doesn't last long at all (not normal for me as I don't get them) My nose has been runny as if I was standing in the cold. Having strange feelings in my stomach area not sure how to explain them. The odd thing is the nights we had sex were Oct 14 and 17. I fall asleep everynight touching him by having my had on his back and the night of the 17th after we had sex I layed my hand on his back and closed my eyes. What I saw when I closed my eyes was strange. I saw 2 children only months old sitting there smiling at me as if to say thankyou. I felt all calm and happy and fell asleep. Now I am normalyy the one to initiate sex as I have a very high sex drive and since then I have not cared if we have sex or not. We have had it because he has asked for it and I don't mind but when we do it feels diff. The other nt he was on top and the pressure on my stomach was too much. I go to see my family Dr Dec2 and will be asking for an U/S. See with PCOS it is an imbalance of the hormones so I wonder if it can give a false test read on both HPT and blood tests. I have a few friends who did not find out that they were expecting until months along because all tests were neg. I hope this is my case too. Any help or input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sorry it is so long.
I hope that all the other ladies get it sorted out and find out what's going on because I know it ***** not knowing.
i had unprotected sex 6 days before my period, and as i expected i got my period on the 7th day ( that was last month), but this month i am delayed..could i be pregnant?
I have irregular periods, my boyfriemd, and i are trying to have a child.
Ive also had cramping after sex, breast look and feel swolen.
Took 2 clear blue pregnancy tests they came out negative.
What should i think, and do..
Hiya all would just like a bit of advise, Me and my partner have been tryin for a baby since may 2011, i am now currently 3 weeks late i am have loads of symptoms of pregnancy but i have done about 6 hpt and they have all been negative. i am stressing so much because its something we really want i just done want my mind to play tricks and stop me from having my period if any1 understands what i mean. if any1 has any advise i would be very thank full xx
hi my name is sarah and i missed 3 months peoriods and been doctors and had pregnancy test cme bk negative done some myself some said yes and some said no wat do i belive the doctors or myself
Hey I'm 22 years old I already have a four year old son I'm having these pregnancy symptoms I have horrible headaches and when I eat I wanna go straight to sleep I took a pregnancy test it was negative (could it be because I had sex then took it??)last month my period lasted for a day no spotting or anything I need answers please
I been sick but I got over that part I went to the doc in he saidnit was nagitive so now my breast been sore in tender for 2 months then im period comes 4 days ago but still feel pergo in boobs are still sore in getting bigger
i have been spotting for 6 weeks only when i go potty tho.. I have lower back aches, tiredness, nausea, heartburn,lower abdomen is hard and sore.. Any clue what is going on. I took a test 3 weeks ago and it came back negative the symptoms are still there tho.. The spotting is not enough to be concerned about not even needing to wear a pad ... Could i be pregnant
I went to a doctor in late November because my stomach was hurting a lot all the time. The doctor took a pregnancy test and it was negative and didn't find a reason for my stomach pain. Then I had weak periods for three months and increasing stomach pain. I went again to a doctor in January. In January 19th I got to know that I was 15 and half weeks pregnant. So even the first pregnancy test showed negative and I had some sort of periods, I was all the time pregnant. The test can be negative and still be positive. Just listen to your body, if you feel as you are pregnant then take a test. Take the test at least a week after your periods if the first test is negative. Always use the morning urine because it is the most secure. If the second test is negative, then go to a doctor because something else is wrong.
I'm trying to get pregnant, I had a baby 3 months ago he passed away when he was 3 weeks old... My fiancé went inside of me nov 26 27 28 I started my period dec 5 which only lasted 4 days when normally it last 7-10 days.. I took a test dec 12 and today both showed up negative.. Am I testing to soon?
Trying to be Pregnant :)
I have missed my period it was due on the 6th of december but still nothing
I have all the pregnancy symptons (tender boobs, moody, backache, wake up everyone morning with a headache/dizziness, consistently using the washroom, discharge, stomache hurts, vigina (vagina) area hurts most of the time, n stomache is always feeling weird n sharp pains n ect sooo onnnnnnnn)

i did two home pregnancy test n both negative, andone doctor test negative
(dr. did it too early)

Wat do i do now? coz i been reading n lots of people get positive results in the 2nd or 3rd month.... so i am waiting :)
Could i be pregnant or no?
Trying to be Pregnant :)

(dr. did it too early)

Could i be pregnant or no?
Am not saying am pregnant but lately
I am having back pains and stomach
Pains so every night I toss and turn to easy them out. My periods come fine
Every month and I have been having
Protected sex all the time so that's why am not considering pregnancy at
All. Please help I really hate this
I had an IUD, and these pregnacy symptoms are the side effests of the IUD. I had mine in for 3yrs before getting these side effects so they can come on at anytime. Trust me I went through the same thing as you. I took mine out 1 month ago
im a medic, and no we dont cause we r going thru the same stuff and even tho we know the human body...ours still confuses us! lol. I think im pg but not sure afraid to test cause i miscarried in august and we really want to be pg.... i feel very dizzy, cant move head to fast or i lose balance, im foggy, sleepy...exausted really and yesturday i had spotting that went away. im sure that it was implantation bleeding because i had left ovary cramps for 3 days prior to the spotting. this happend in august when i miss carried as well bu the blood and cxramping didnt stop for 3 weeks..im 32 and very very nervous about my first birth but want it so bad...so to answer your question again....we r just like you! :)
Great news! Hope you and the baby are doing well! : )
If you are a few days late, and the tests show up as negative, then by all means, take more tests! But most women will occasionally skip a menstruation. It's not a problem: in fact, I've had them once a year since I have started menstruating! Also, the bloating, sore and soft breasts, crampings are all common PMS(both pre- and post-) symptoms.
hi. i am 20 years old and have been on depovera for a year now, i was off of it for 3 months and went to the dr. pregnancy test was negetive so i got the shot. i was supposed to get my period the end of december biggining of january. but so far i have only bleed a tiny bit in the morning and nothing the rest of the day sometimes its red but othertimes its brown. when i push down on my stomach by my hip bone their is a hard long lump. my boobs are a tiny bit tender but are not getting darker but lighter my nipples ar eturning white.? i am very sleepy and will crave some kind of food one minute and once i cook it then it looks discusting. i need an opinionj cause i have taken 6 pregnancy tests and they were all negative. any opinions????
any answers because me and my fiance have been trying for awhile now and i already have one son, but different father he is 2. i have every sgin of being pregnant stomach is always bloating i'm always tired and now hungry but a week back i didnt wanna eat anything i feel dizzy when i lay down and i have tenderness in both boobs ...i had spotting yesterdday that was like light brown/red...and now today i woke up and im bleegding alot more than my period i am bleeding threw my tampons and there heavy ones...i have some pain in my left side..idk whats going on but i feel like poop..could i still be pregnant and bleeding? because i always have clear /stretchy watery discharge..before i was bleeding
Chelsey,
It sounds like ectopic pregnancy symptoms. I would call your doc. asap to get everything checked.
were u preg
Hello, hun I myself had a period the whole pregnancy of my daughter, they did urine and blood showed negative until at 5 months they did an ultra sound and found that I was even thou everything else said I wasn't go to your doc and ask for an ultra sound.
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! I am a plus size woman too and I have been pregnant twice one ending in a miscarriage and one handsome little 5 yr old boy. I am filling all the same symptoms as you. My husband and I use condoms as a form of protection and a condom broke back in sept. I have always been regular. He doesn't want any more children right now and I want atleast two more. I was thinking this is just all in my head for wanting to be pregnant. I am starting to fill flutters. 10lbs weight gain and back aches and mood swings and hungry all the time and talk about the headaches. Thank you for sharing your story it has really touched me that someone is going through the same thing. Please keep us all posted on what happends. Thank you!!!
Hi, Im 21 years old my period has never been late but i have only had a period 3 times since may it last for seven days like it always has but it only comes every 3 or 4 months! i also am getting morning sickness and vomiting throughout the day, i get cramps as if my period is about to be on but i get nothing i don't know what it could be i've taking test after test and all i get is negative results! my husband and i would love to have a baby but i just feel as if i will never be able to conceive with all of these problems can anyone help or give me some advise please
Hi shadow, i feel the same exact way you do. too a tee!!! im 21 and my husband and i were trying for a baby for the last 2 years...i also have a bad case of PCOS. everything you named i get too. like i have had these feelings in my stomach to where it feels like something is moving but not fast just swiftly. it happens frequently. its starting to worrie me...and i've had to of taken at least 30 HPT and every single of em said negitive. but you know your body...you know if there is something different with it. and then you try to tell the doctors or a family member they look at you funny like your kidding about it.
just wanted to say that while maybe you are pregnant, maybe it is not in your uterus. i have heard of more than one story where an egg had attached to the outside of the uterus (towards the back and up high.....) it could be posible that this is what is happening to you. in one of the scenarios the mom was pregnant, (thought to be having only one) when they went in to do a c-section they took out baby number one and found baby number 2 behind the uterus. fully grown, healthy, and survived!  good luck to you, i hope you find out for sure (before april 9th).
My partner and I have been trying to get pregnant for a while now but I am not sure what to think about some symptoms I have been having. I already have a 2 and a half year old son so I know I am capable of having kids despite a few miscarriages I have had in the past. I am a few days away from getting my period but have been feeling really awefull for about a week now. Symptoms over the past week have included: Hot flushes, Nausea, Abdominal cramps, Headaches, Food, drink and cigarette aversions, cravings, Exhaustion and needing to sleep constantly, Leg pain and spasms, Frequent urination (at least every hour the past couple of days), Awefull mood swings, Sore breasts. I took a first response pregnancy test today but it came up negative. I have a feeling I may have severe PMS but my partner thinks that I am definitelly pregnant. I dont want to make an appointment to see a doctor about it just yet and get his hopes up so I thought I would try and see what anyone else thinks. Anyone who may have had a similar expirience etc.Could I be getting false negatives or could there be something wrong with me?
hi..i am 6 months married and tryng to concieve (conceive)..my periods are due on 28th jan and still i didn hav them..but from 18 jan...i experienced some cramps on the right side of my lower abdomen on 30 th i consulted a doc n took a hpt today moring but it came negative...i also had USG today and the repors were negtve 2...but i have the symptms like vomiting tendency all the time,very dry throat(specially at morning), frequent using washroom,low backache and cramps in legs..cant sleep properly at night and feel very low and tired all the time and want to go for sleep all day..i feel hungry but when begin to eat i cant feel like will vomit... i dont have brest tenderness or any pain like that everytime but sometime i feel a light pain there in my breast...m i preg?????????? so need some helpful advice....
Hi my name is nafeesah, I'm 17 I had sex last month on Christmas eve and now I'm not on my period, it hasnt happened. Lately Ive been hungry alot, usually I can hold it but now I can't! My tummy has been hurting, cramping, I can't sleep on it, I've been puking in my mouth and hen puking, around my belly button or lower has been hurting, and I took the test but it came back negative and I'm scared!!!
I am 30 years old and I have always had irregular periods.  I was on BC for about 7 years and about a year and a half ago I was getting my period regularly every month around the 10th.  It is now Feb 1st and I still haven't got my Jan period. My husband and I have been trying to concieve (conceive) for over a year now. I have been having the following symptoms:  Weight gain, lower back pain, flutters in my stomach, headaches, dizziness, stomach aches in the morning.  I have taken two HPTs and both came back negative. Has anyone experienced this? Any advise?
i have the same thing im not pregnt but sometimes it feels like i am i have taken two tests and both negitive im only 17
Hi all I last posted about october, I am just updating, i still havent had a period, like i said since August 2011, its now Feb 2012, im going to see a different doctor on thursday because i have had enough, and i know some may say i should of done it ages ago. I had ultra sounds and blood tests back then and aparently i am completely healthy.  No Thiroid issue, no cysts im all good. I have most recently been getting period pain but then nothing, im goign to ask the new doc to refer me to a gyno, and hopefully get this sorted. Wish me Luck!
I was treated the exact same was and just sobbed while laying there getting probed last week. Please tell me you have heard with way by now? My story is exactly we your is and I just was to get on with either an excise routine or a  nursery:) Thank you for sharing.
? any answers yet?
Im 23 yrs old and my fiance and i had a miscarriage in may it was nine weeks old and had to have a D&C. My period has never been regular but never this late (4 months). We have been trying so using no protection. every test i have taken is negative but having almost all the symptoms like soreness, breast getting bigger, headaches, pelivic pains, sooo tired, cranky, vomitting and feeling movements in my tummy. What should I do???? If i am i wanna know so i can do anything possible to not loose this baby if its there
I posted in january with a missed period of 4 months. I found out that I have a very low progesterone and that I am not ovulating. My doc put me on clomiphene to ovulate and now I take 100mg of progesterone every night. It should help me to get pregnant and hopefully if anything get my period back on so that I can try to get pregnant. It is my first month on the meds, if anything pops up, I will update...
Hi I've just had a pregnancy blood test ddone but got my results back this mornin and it was negative I have all the symtoms (symptoms) of bein pg but onli difference I have is I've had my tubes tied 4 years ago for the past 3 months my periods have been quite strange as they been comin 2 days early no pain with them also last month between periods I had sex with my hubby and got a pinkish blood which lasted for 24 hours to which has never happened before although I have 3 kids already. I went to my docs who even thought I was I'm so confused right now
Were u pregnant in the end ??
I am almost two weeks late and have done two pregnancy tests. Both which showed a negative result. I feel sick nearly all the time. Feel like I've put a bit of weight on and keep feeling dizzy. Am really tired n obviously not had my period. What else could it be ?
I have been going through it for 3 munth's an I have stretch marks from my belly to my hoo hoo I'm uncofertable an have some pain in my lower belly like my insides are shifting, my hands are tingley during the day an go numb at night, I eat a reg. Meal an a hour or so I'm sick to my stumic an hungry oh so hungry, I've taken test an my doc. Doesn't know what's going on with me is this posible to be pregnant this late in the game or am I going crazy? An yes I've continued to have my munthly every time.
I just turned 29 today, I have an almost 10 yr old boy and almost 2 yr old girl. i had the mirena after my daughter was born and recently (june 11) removed. it was a combination of I just didn't feel right with it anymore and me and my boyfriend had been talking about trying for a baby. I thought it would be a few months to figure out my cycle and everything to be "normal" before possibly getting pregnant. We have a crappy situation where we are currently 13 hours apart. The first time we saw eachother was for the weekend June 22-24th and had unprotected sex. I started getting nauseous the very next day. it has been 2 weeks since then and I am still getting nauseous and puking everyday. I'm tired all the time, my breasts are tender/sore most of the time but today I experienced something really strange. It almost felt like when I was breastfeeding my daughter and I was getting extremely full of milk (though I don't appear to have changed cup sizes or anything.) I called my ob/gyn and asked if this could be related to withdraw from the hormones that mirena releases but they told me that those aren't symptoms from that and it's been too long since it was removed to be having withdraw symptoms. I am very moody, tired, my gums bleed every time i brush my teeth and sometimes when i'm eating. I took a home test just for giggles because if i were to be pregnant i'm all of 2 weeks along but nothing else makes sense to me. with my daughter i "knew" i was pregnant before any test would show positive. i have had a blood test done this friday but the results won't be in til monday and it's driving me crazy. i just want an answer. i am also worried because i had a surgery on my foot a few months ago that i have a screw in the bones. i am scheduled to have surgery to remove the hardware on at the end of this month (july 30), i have a pretesting appt on july 11 but i'm wondering if it will still be too early to detect the hcg if i am pregnant. my gut feeling says i am but so far i feel like i can't test because of the timing. any suggestoins? does anyone know how far along you have to be even for an "early detection" test to work?

Thanks!
AJ
hey i'm 19 and me and my boyfriend we live together i'm studying atm, so we havent really thought about babies yet, but we had unprotected sex and i used the first response test to see if i was pregnant and that came out negative . could i still be pregnant ? my period is due next month, and i get dizzy, back aches, lazy, and sleepy .. i always have cravings so i'm not so sure if they are signs of being pregnant or not ?
help please ..
Hey people

I'm 28, no kids yet...Me and my partner have been trying for a baby for a long time. My period is irregular so it's hard to work out wen my next period is due but for the past 6Weeks I've been getting alot of pregnancy symptoms such as: sore breast, no period, bloating, cramps, headaches, tiredness and for 2 days within the 6Weeks I had a moment wen I went toilet I had a lil but light pink blood but only once it happenEd wen I wiped! Did 6 test in 6Weeks but all negative! wen I usually have cramps and sometimes sore breasts my period comes a few days later (even though I'm irregular) Can I be pregnant?? Need help!!
Hey people

Hey im going thru the same thing i notice changings in my weight, i went to the doctor i weight 206lb that never happen to me before my periods have been light. i told the doctor all of this ,she gave a blood test it came back negative my belly is out i have the dark line down my belly and im always hungry. cant never sleep my back is always hurting and my sides.
I need help on this one. Ive never been pregnant before and i just started the nuva ring june 21. Everything  seemed fine then a week before i was suppose to take it out i started havin symptoms such as headaches peeing a lot bloatin mood swings sore breasts sensitive smell runny and stopped up nose so i took my ring out 2 days earlier than i was suppose to (august 7) was suppose to take it out the ninth. I still started my period the ninth tho but it was super heavy for 2 days then just like a light brown. I took 2 pregnancy tests but they came out neg. Then august 15 i started gettin really sharp paims in my left side mainly down low now my back is swollen and hurtin like i pinched my nerve this is also on my left side. The next night i was rushed to ER with these severe pains and my body went numb and my heart started acting up. They tested me for like blatter and uti and pregnancy everything came out fine but its now august 20 and the pain hasnt stopped and i almosy fainted today. I feel i am pregnant but the test say otherwise.. does it sound like im prego? What should i do?
i was looking up "preganancy symptoms but negative test" a few days ago because i was convinced i was and beyond frustrated with the negative results.unfortunantl most just say they have the same but never say what happened so here is what happened to me.

i last had my period aug 3rd 2012 and then 1 day brown discharge on the 31st (implantation bleeding?). followed by an increase in regular white. i had to pee all the time, my lower back and abdomen ached. i felt like i was going to puke near constantly for almost 2 weeks, i was very tired. i couldn't get an appt with a doc until the end of the month and just got sick of feeling sick and not knowing why, so yesterday I went to the ER. they did  blood test and x-rayed my stomache to try to find the sorce of my pain and it came back normal and negative for pregnancy. they also did a urine test and found i had a pretty bad bladder infection.

i am posting this because i just want to get it out there the answer isn't either "its all in my head" or "my hcg is just low". i didn't have the tell tale symptoms of the infection there was no burning or wierd smells. just peeing a lot and the pain, tiredness, and sick feeling  i took as preganancy symptoms.  i wanted a positive test so bad i felt like i was crazy, the symptoms were so real how could it be in my head? but if it wasn't just in my head why was i getting negative tests? this infection could have got worse and even moved to my kidneys had i just waited it out for that postive in 8 weekd, 12 weeks, 16 or maybe never. so please if you are having symptoms and neg tests do everything you can to get to a doctor and keep your mind open to all possibilities.
Thank you some one finally posted something that makes sense, I know how many people post question but never post the answers and it drives me crazy. I try to repost my answers if possible so that others can know. Thank you
someone pass me a slice of humble pie, i was wrong before. i am in fact pregnant and no doctor has been able to tell me how on earth i knew. after i posted the previous comment i tried hard to ignore the continueing symptoms (esp breast tenderness). i finally broke and took 1 more hpt on sept 26th BFP!! so i went and got a blood test on the 27th = 50 hcg. another on oct 2nd 700 hcg, oct 4th =2100 hcg and th doctor spotted a tiny little dot in my uterus (maybe 4 weeks along). he said i couldn't have caught it any earlyer than i did and given my hcglevels maybe expect twins (knock me over with a feather). i have a follow up ultrasound on oct 18th. this has been a long stressful few weeks, i feared it was ectopic but it's not, i thought i was crazy but i'm not. no explaination for how i knew before that is scientifically impossible. one doctor said she is never one to discount a woman's instinct, but more likely another told me that given the bladder infection i may have been feeling symptoms fom that or possibly another vius and then ended up pregnant in mid september just out of luck. who knows?
Please help well I feel a mild cramps in my uterus  but its a on and off it moves from one side to another and it moves up to my abdominal but most at my uterus and I'm gassy and my boobs hurt but they are not sore for real like period sore and they itch on and off and I been sleepy lik I just can't catch up on my rest I took a test last week and it was negative
i'm 18 and I been on the pill for a few years now on and off because my periods were horrific and lasted about 11 weeks at a time and i got blood clots,i  kept having to change as i got headaches. My pms was awful and was put on prozac a week before my period to help with depression.
ive been sexually active with a few different partners and recently (horrible) but the condom got stuck inside me. Ever since ive not had a period and stopped taking the pill just incase i was pregnant but it's been a fair few weeks now and 5 negative tests later i still dont have a period?! i'm terrified i'm pregnant still as its the last thing i want but after having such heavy periods for years it seems very weird for me to just suddenly miss one.
I have been stressed and this is making me more stressed but i dont see it being to the extent my periods would stop? i have a weird sensation in my right hip and leg almost like a numb feeling and feel weak and breathless a lot, i'm also very bloated and feel queezy to the point i look and feel pregnant! Gone to the doctors and they suspect its pelvic inflamitory disease and have done a swab test, im going for a scan soon to check a cyst on my ovary hasnt ruptured which could be causing the numbness. Scary missing your periods!
I am 20 yrs old me and my bf have been together three years and the last month i missed my period and i was having pregnancy symptoms then i started bleeding but i was still having symptoms so i took a test camw back positive but then i went to the doctors and they had given me a test and it came back negative they told me i had .... Had a misscariage i just dont understand how it happend or why it came out positive after i was done bleeding
I have been having cramping sore breasts discharge and have been real sensitive and can't stop eating gained some weight, my period lasted one day last month but all test have said negative. I'm not due for my period till the 22nd of this month. Could I be testing too early. Also my boyfriends dog tried to bite my friend when they came by me
hi my name is Blake and me and my boyfriend have been trying for a baby...ive missed my period and i have alot of pregnancy symptoms and all of my testshave come outnegative too...somone said that it just might be to soon for it toshow up or try a blood test..i know exactly how you feel because i just want to know for suree if i am..all i can say is dont stress because if u areit could harm the fetus..just have patiance and keep trying its bund to show up at some point :)
Well I am a Lil different I am having all the signs of pregnancy but not vomiting or nothing like that and I have taken several hpt and they all says negitive and around the time my period was suppose to come on I started spotting or very lighter then all the other times kinda scared now been reading a lot and really don't kno and my partner told me he did it in me and it was during my ovulation days haven't had a real period since December some one please help
Can Some one tell me what to do please
Same here, neg test but my period is four days away, i have all symptoms and trying to get  pregnant
I usually get my period every month on the same day the 4 but in January I got it the 4 and the 31 iv been having cramps ever since and my boobs hurt and I feel sick all the time had one positive test then two negative test and today is valentines day so idk what's going on with my body please help
Hi, I am only a week late for my period and I am never late. I always know when I'm due on, I get chronic period pains my abdomen swells and it seems as though my ovaries are swelled too. I have done two pregnancy tests, one in an evening, and one the following morning, both show negative. I have still not come on, have swollen, really sore breasts, horrid to touch, my lower stomach is swelled and hard, I have been sick several times at the same sort of times in the day, feeling really tired and constantly peeing. My mind keeps telling me I'm pregnant, and as me and my partner have been trying for a whole, I'm getting my hopes up. Could I be pregnant, should I leave it a few more weeks and if no signs, visit doctor for blood test? I hear a lot about people not have enough hcg in their bodies to be detected from a home pregnancy test. HELP
Hi there. Well, here is something to consider, if one doesn't have enough hormone in their body to be detected in a home pregnancy test, they also don't have enough to create many or any symptoms of pregnancy.  Those same hormones are responsible for the symptoms associated for pregnancy so early on, women have very few.  That is why nausea, for example, doesn't start for most women until weeks 6 to 7 into pregnancy.

I'd wait to see if your period shows up and if it doesn't and another week goes by, take another pregnancy test.  good luck
Hi everyone,
two months ago i felt the same as everyone else and i thought i was pregnant because of the cramps and pulling feeling in my lower abdominal area. But when i did a test a day before my periods it came out negative and then i did another test 1 week after my periods and it was still negative. i convinced myself i wasn't pregnant and moved on, but sometime i would be really tired and i was also getting dizzy.So then i did another test 3 weeks passed my period and it was positive but at that time i also started spotting. So i went for a scan and found myself rushed to the emergency ward to take out an ectopic pregnancy. They had to remove my tubes because the fetus was live, 7 weeks and with a heart beat.
Anyway my advice to everyone is if your periods are regular and your not on any medication then i would advise you to see your doctor and get a blood test done just to be 100% sure :) good luck everyone.  
well I was preg and on her the test said I was not then we did a ultrasound and it said I was 8 weeks and one day so yes pregnancy test don't work for everyone and now I have one more kid and I did a test and it did the same I did one every week and just keep saying no but every time I can fill that I am the dr said I don't have a lot of the hcg to say im  preg                    
                                    April 8,2013
Hi Icecrystal2009-

I am going thru the same things now. I am down to an ultrasound. I never knew a person's HCG levels could be so low only a sonogram can tell. I wonder does this have anything to do with age and weight as well?? DO you know??
I am 9 days late I'm never late. My lower back hurts lower stomach is hurting and I look like I've gained a few pounds. I'm a moody emotional mess. I took 2 tests 5 days ago and got negative results and took another one two days ago with negative. Should I wait another week to test again or just go to the doctor
i need help,  I'm 24 for the past 4 yrs I've been trying to get pregnant with my boyfriend we been both trying. i don't understand how im gaining the weight and pregnancy symptoms through out the yrs yet no baby. i weighed 145 I'm 5'2 when we got together in 2010 I've gained 30 lbs i know its unhealthy but the year 2011 around January my belly grew as if i was pregnant my boobs wore swollen my feet wore swollen to and my mood swings wore ridiculous off yet April of that year i went to the doctor they gave me an ultrasound and pregnancy test and i wasn't pregnant there was no baby so i just thought possibly i was seeing things and my head was playing with me since we wanted a child so bad and December 20 2012 was the last time i got my period its June 12 2013 and again I've gained weight i have every possible symptom showing I'm pregnant the belly weight gain the food cravings the mood swings feet and breast getting swollen i seriously swear both back in 2011 and this time i feel something move inside of me yet no baby still not pregnant how is it possible to have every symptom possible yet not be pregnant i have 0 hopes for being a mother now you would think after 4 yrs of trying it would of happened already yet doctors won't tell me what's wrong why I'm gaining the pregnancy weight and symptoms when i have no child inside of me.  can someone please help i have no idea on what to do.  
hi every one,

i'm 26yrs,my husband and i have been ttc,i had my last period on the 6th of may,and up till now no period,am having watery milky discharge,dizziness,bloating,constipation(not all the time though),food craving,moodswings,movement in my lower abdomen.
I had a HPT like 3days after my missed period and 6days after i had BPT,all came out negative but still my pregnancy symptoms persists.i called my mum,i told her everything,she told me that she felt the same thing when she was pregnant with me...... Now am at ease becos of what she told me,let me keep my fingers crossed and get tested later....XOXO
Going by what you've mentioned, i would probably put it down to you wanting a baby so much that you notice the slightest change in your body. So when you do notice it, your brain instantly goes into "i could be pregnant" mode... So if you keep thinking about it, your body will adjust to the new belief you have that you are pregnant. So the body adats (gets bigger as time goes on, cravings appear and disappear) as if it was a real pregnancy. However, this is called a phantom pregnancy. You go through everything from the symptoms to the belly growth and sometimes even the birth to have nothing at the end of it. Try and relax your mind over the pregnancy idea with a more "if it happens,then it happens" kinda thought track...  Who knows, there have been many of my friends who had that mind track and ended up pregnant for real. Good Luck x Caitlin
I have always had crazy period cycles... sometimes I will go about 6months too a year without a period, the last time I had my period was the end of may this year. so we where not sure I could even get pregnant.. about the first of August I started feeling different like a pressure on my lower stomach, and being tired... you know I knew something was diff with my body so i took a pregnancy test (Safeway digital test) that day and it came back negative I waited about a week and still felt weird and sooo tired, and kinda nauseous so i when I woke up on Aug 8th I decided too take the other test and see what it would say and too my surprise It said pregnant! I was sooo excited I couldn't believe it so I took another one later that day only too have it say negative again, I have sense taken 6 more tests even 1 at pph and all have come back negative... but my body still feels different, I feel sooooo tired, have headaches, dizziness constipation, lower back pain, lots of bathroom breaks, and even that pressure still in my lower belly... anyone else have this happen... am I pregnant??? PPH wont do a blood test yet im sooo freaked out I miscarried  (even though there has been no blood yet) or its a tubular pregnancy. I hope im wrong and im just not producing enough hormones yet.. any thoughts?
Myself and my husband have been trying for a baby for a few months, since coming off the pill march 2012 my periods have been very irregular I have only had 2 periods in total. I have visited the doctor and been referred to a specialised who recommended provera to start my periods and clomid to help ovulation. I took a course of clomid and provera in may 2013, but then came on my period naturally on holiday on 8th July. I have not come on my period which isn't odd for my cycles. I have done 4 tests that have all come back negative. I really feel pregnant though stomach cramps and tenderness, feeling sick etc. I'm hoping its not wishful thinking but I have no one to talk to about this as I don't want people or my husband to think I'm going crazy. I have booked a doctors appointment for later in the week but scared the doctor will think I'm crazy! Advice please
I am on a birth control pill!! I have been having periods until here lately!! I am 31 days late in my period! And I have been having really bad stomach pains!! My back hurts and I feel sick all the time!! Could I be pregnant? I took tests and they all came back neg. so I am just wondering if I am pregnant? So can you please help me?? I can smell all different things that no one else can!! I have different tastes in my mouth :( so please help me!! Thank you
Hello ladies..6months ago I had an ectopic pregnancy and was given the metho..shot and worked pretty well. Now im 12days late and all the test the ER ran are showing no signs of pregnancy...I have cramping lower abdomen but more where I had my ectopic pregnancy a few months ago....just wondering has anyone went on having a healthy pregnancy after an ectopic...and can I be having one
Hi I am 23 years old I have all the symptoms of pregnancy Brest tenderness,nausea,headaches,dizziness and stomach pains I took a pregnancy test but it was negative I want a baby so bad and hope I'm not physcing my body into thinking I'm pregnant any advice
I would get that checked out. I don't want to scare you but I had those same similar symptoms 6months but my pain was just on one side and it was an ectopic pregnancy.But I don't believe that u could convince your body into being pregnant.Have you taken a HPT yet?
I am 29 i gave birth dec.27 2012 had the  first depo shot in feb. Did not go back in may for my second shot had my first period in june lasted 3days sins i gave birth spoted 3 Days in july nuthing in augest haveing severe heart burn n nausea took a pregnecy test and its negative can i be pregnant
Hi,  I have had  three prgnency test they all shows negative results, my last period was on July 20, now it's almost been two month. I went to my doctor & he advice me to take a pill which is 'Primolut N Norethisteone 5mg' to be taken for ten days to make my period to come but I am still not seeing my period. After all this could I still be pregenet or what do I do? Pls I need an advice so bad.
Help had sex in feb 2013 and since then had no period I'm normaly bang on time never missed any its now september still no show done a blood test in late march and 4 hpt and all neg I just wanna now if theirs a chance I could be preg I'm tried lower stomach is bigger and back ache what's going on plz help email me plz at ***@**** someone plz help
So I've had cramps for the past two weeks and I'm now 10 days late for my period but all the HPT's I took were negative. I've never been late before and my lower abdomen has been in so much pain. Should I go get a blood test? Has this happened to anyone else, and if so were you pregnant?
Hi, I'm am confused right now cause I've been having pregnancy symptoms like crazy and I missed my period like 5 or 6 days ago I'm having nausea nipples darker (they look dark) had been gagin on certain smells headaches crampyness (on right side mostly) back pain constipation cm (mucus white egg color) emotional and mood swings and tired alot of urination and my appetite increased im always hungry I had sex with my boyfriend alot this month (like close to everyday) and my menstrual I'm late on im supposed to start on the 22 and end on the 27th well I went to buy a PG test (equate from walmart) and it said negative my sis helped me I peed in a cup she put it in for 5 sec and pulled it out I said its 20 sec so she put it back in and counted to 20 from 5 did and it said negative am I really pregnant? Did she mess it up? What should I do would I be able to do a blood test is that better than a urine test? If I'm having all these symptoms why is it negative? Please help! I'm confused
hi im jasmine im haven the same problems have you been to the doctor to do blood test i did a home test an one et the doctor it came back neg so they were wondering y i have not came on yet an send me to get blood work because it mite be to early to dect if you are pregnat yet
Last month I had my period earlier than usual and the month before that I took a test and it came out negative and I got my period right away
I've been really moody lately and I've had some crazy dreams and I've never really had that happen before I get sick in the morning every morning and at night its like a crampy tired nausuea feeling but I don't actually vomit I think about being pregnant a lot because its the only plausible reasoning for my problems I have sore breasts I'm bloating but not really crampy like my usual mentrual cycle could be it be posible that I'm having an irregular first trimester?
Help...im 46 years old and have no telltale signs of menopause, my period has been faithful every 28 to 29 days...very regular. However I have all the crazy pregnancy symptoms and 2 missed periods. Ive tested on hpt during first 2 weeks after 1st missed period and had 2 qualitive blood tests all negative. I have 1 child and found out was prego at 8 weeks at a fertility clinic with a quantitive blood test and had 620 hcg level which was low for 8weeks. I cant get current doc to do quantitive blood test now...any advice? I feel like crap and at my age need to makesure of what's going on!
I'm moody tender breasts also bigger sick throwing up stronger sense if smell a weird fluttering in my tummy sometimes I swear I feel something twitch weight gain and I tested negative on three epts couldiI be pregnant....
I have been having nausea(no vomiting), very fatigued, abdominal cramps(no menstrual cycle, yet), urinating every ten minutes it seems like, and feel feverish. I keep googling everything, but I'm not sure how many symptoms you can have at one time. It's only been three weeks, if that, since I've had intercourse, and the condom fell off. (yeah, uh oh!) But it could be because of the weather change, too.
I had my period last month but be4 I got it n since it has stopped I've been very nosous dizzy Headache bloated tired iv done test always say negative I've had two baby's this feels the same but how would I no if these test always say negative do I need a doctor or blood test with my 2nd child I had my period normal tell I was 4 months pregnet n it still said negative way shouldiI do ?
hello ! i know you may think im too young but everyone makes mistakes im 15 yrs old and i was going thur some family issues and had sex with my boyfriend that i was with for 2 and a half yrs and i took over 20 pregnancy test in they came out NEGATIVE ! But if you request over and over to see a OBGYN for a ultrasound if your having pregnancy symptoms they should let you because when i went to the OBGYN while having pregnancy symptoms i found out i was 12 weeks pregnant and seen my baby first ultrasound <3
I took a pregnancy test on Wednesday and it came out positive on Thursday my mental came I've done other pregnancy test and they have come out negative but I've been feeling with nausea but I've been feeling dizzy light head and I've craving to drink lots of milk....is their still a possibility that I could be pregnant has anyone experienced anything like this?
hey ladies....i am 9 days late n my  last period wer on oct on 25th n  i had unprotected sex on 26th....then ma periods wer lng abt 8days n thats wer i gt sick i had heart burn..vommited..had fever..diarrhea..was dizzy n a vry painful pain on my uterus couldnt walk straight than went 2 the gynaclgst h helpd m so i hv been feelin fine...so nw am stress that i myt b preg ma periods r late n hv been  feelin tired.. ppl can u plz help m plzzz  
I have irregular cycles but I have 2 sympmtoms of pregnancy tired and waigh gain I haven't had a period in three months but that's normal and this is the fourth i tested Tuesday but is said negative COULD I BE PREGNANT AND TESTED TO EARLY HELP AND I HAVE CRAVINGS help
I haven't slept with my boyfriend for about 3 months but I missed my period and had a negative home pregnancy test. I am feeling quite moody, going to the toilet a lot, put on weight and have backache. What should I do, I can't be pregnant can I!?
me and my boyfriend are trying to conceive a baby but i dont know if im ovulated or not. the last time i had my period was feb 6 2014 it was late  on march 6 and i took two home test both negative and i even went to the doctor and it came back negative as well.. can i still get pregnant without me having my period?
I am 33 yrs old and I had a still birth in 2005 and a DNC in 2008/2009. I have always had irregular periods when I had still birth I didn't have a period for 5 months. Before March of this year (2014) I haven't had one in 2 yrs. At first I had some sick times. Throwing up or just feeling drained I have almost feel in the shower cause I couldn't stand up straight. I took a HPT and it came out negative. Then all of the sudden I can't wear my clothes my boobs hurt, I took 2 more tests. I took one as soon as I got home from buying the tests. Then the other 3 days later thinking I needed to take it with first morning urine. But everything is still coming out negative. Today I can't even lay on my stomach because my boobs are so sore. I think I am pregnant I just don't wanna get my hopes up from everything I have already been through. What do I do?
I'm 16,I got my implant removed a couple of months ago as
I didnt like the amount of weight I was putting on,I've been having
Unprotected sex with my partner who Ive been with for over
A year,I came on my period not long ago,but it wasn't a normal
Period it was very light,& I've been discharging&craving salad
And pains in my stomach&back pains&feeling very weak&tired.
But I done  2 pregnancy tests and they are both
Negative,I wanna no whats going on,could someone give me
Some advice please.
hi im 43 and been on the pill 4 a yr my periods still came regularly every month but i havent had a period in nearly 5 months my breasts r sore and enlarged and my stomach is very bloated what could this b as i am waiting 4 the tests 2 come bk 2day, but its madness i have put 2 stone on in 5 months also and a lot of it is at the front i have backache all the time please advise if u can thanks
You shoul visit an Obgyn
Viewing 401-498 comments: