Pregnancy after IUD removal

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Pregnancy after IUD removal

I recently got an iud removed, on Jan 17th and i was wondering how long does it take to become pregnant after??
I feel as if i am pregnant since i am experiencing some symptoms of pregnancy, such as sore breasts, frequent urination, headaches, little cramps, some constipation, and alil morning sickness but not throwing up...But i took a test on valentines day and it was negative but could it be due to my hormones are off alittle??
I started taking prenatal vitamins on Jan 15th... I don't really know when i am ovulating since i havent had a period for 11 months. I am only 20 years old so i'd think my fertility is pretty good.
It took me 3 months! Believe me it seemed like a long time at the time but it doesnt now!! I also had lots of pregnancy symptoms for the months I wasnt...must be a hormonal thing when it is removed, I've seen a number of people experiencing the same thing...good luck, I'm sure it will happen for you soon!
My iud was removed it december. I was told that it would take us a while to get pregnant (the doc said so). Turns oit, I got pregnant 4 days after removal And Now Im 11weeks pregnant.
Oh really? I am hoping it doesnt take too long to get prego, its been almost 2 mths since removal already :(
Read my post and let me know what to do :)
hormones from bc and iuds can cause pregnancy symptoms .... have your doctor do blood tests it will be most accurate to detect the hcg levels at this point... urine tests arent always accurate and good luck!
To be honest, Im not sure what you can do. Check your ovulation days on a calendar, And make sure your active on those days. Also, be sure your taking a prenatal everyday, even though your not yet pregnant. Good luck, And dont stress.
THANK YOU LADIES :)

I really hope to be pregnant soon, I know i am only 20 years old but i am soo ready to be a mommy!! :)

It's been like a month and a half since the removal, my bf feels that i am pregnant cause i eat alot more than normal... lol
I had my I.U.D out on Nov.13 never got my period was worried that something was wrong I took test after test all were negative. Still no period. I tested positive on Feb.2, I am 7 weeks along. My doctor thinks its twins so I have an ultrasound tomorrow. I had my I.U.D for 5 years and never had my period the whole time. It will happen have patience . Good luck
Really? Congrats!!  If i am pregnant now i would be about 5-6 wks along and i sure hope i am!!!

So it took you 3 months to concieve (conceive), thats pretty good :) I wish you the best with your baby!
let me know about your ultrasound ladyy :)
so i got my iud taken out jan 17th, started trying to get pregnant the same night, took a prego test valentines day and it was negative but now its march 1st and i havent gotten a period or anything and i feel like i am pregnant, and this is what i really do want :))

--when should i test again?
-- should my period have come already since its been a month and a half after my removal??

xoxo,
Gabbi
Every person is different. Some times it goes back to normal right away and some times it takes 3 months for a persons cycle to go back to normal after stopping any birth control. if you haven't had anything after 40 days though you should talk to your Dr.  I know my Dr would not let me go more then that without inducing a cycle.  
I also got pregnant right after my Mirena removal!! a lot of people take a year or more tho... even an average woman only has a 25 percent chance of getting pregnant on the first try
I had gotten my IUD out in June of 10'. Even had complications taking it out..had to go to specialist and they almost couldn't even get it out. But thank god they did and 2 months later got preggo and had a beautiful, healthy baby girl in June 2012. So it will happen, even though it seems like it takes forever. Just give it time :) Good luck!
Thank you! Congrats on your baby! Gives me hope that i can get pregnant :))
I had my IUD removed Dec 30th, and had one period jan 16th, and am now almost 7 weeks pregnant.  My IUD was in for 18months.  Good luck!
I had my IUD removed On Sep8th and had similar symtoms (symptoms) like you. I took a pregnancy test every week in the month of sep, but it would come out negative. Finally On Oct 12th I tested positive. When I went to the Dr Two wks later he said i was 7 wks pregnant. It didnt take that long. Its not unsual to test negative On a urine test and still be pregnant. I tested negative with my first pregnancy until I was 16 wks.
I only had my iud in for 11 mths, once i got it removed, i had sex of course, but about 6 days after removal i spotted for 2-3 days then i tested negative on feb 14th so i just dont know if i am pregnant or not, yet i really feel like i am or maybe it's my brain hoping i am....
I hope you get you positive soon!
So it's almost been 2 months since my removal and STILL no period yet....
i was reading ur story and something similar is happening to me right now...its crazy i cant stop thinking about it..LOL... so for u its been already a couple of months.. Did u get pregnant?? what happen??? i hope to hear good news
I REMOVED MIRENA YESTARDAY, IM GOING TO VISIT MY EX BOY FRIEND AFTER 5 YEARS NEXT WEEK , WE LOVE TO GET PREGNANCY, WHAT DO U THINK,, CAN I GET IT
I REMOVED MIRENA YEST, IM GOING TO SEE MY EX BOY FRIEND AFTER 5 YEARS, WE LOVE TO GET PREGNANACY ,,IT WILL BE,,,
I HOPE I WILL BE SAME U,,,TO TAKE PREG FROM MY EX BOY FRIEND,, WE WILL BE TO GETHER ONLY 4 DAYS, AND WE LOVE TO GET PREG,,,,PRAY FOR ME
had my iud removed middle of december ttc still its march 31st and still noting AF is due on the 4th of April
hi  i had iud removed after 9 years in march 2013  had high hopes as wel becz was feelng sick and al the symptons couldnt w8 but test were negetive and then i started my periods .i think its the hormornes .
I had iud for 3 1/2 years got it removed In July started getting normal periods always on 18th of every month but November I started on 9th ended on 12th then AGAIN on the 18th and today dec 1st I am STILL bleeding... Any ideas what this may mean ?
I know this is old but I was just wondering if anyone has had anything similar.  I'm new to these sites.  I had my IUD taken out in June.  we have been trying for baby # 2  we had UPS on 7/15 and a few days later I felt like I was pregnant, sore boobs, nauseas, my sense of smell increased, vivid dreams, veins on my breasts and cramping.  today 7/27 should be my next period if I'm correct about my cycle but not too sure because I didn't get my period on the IUD.  Just wondering if it's possible to be pregnant already or if it's normal to have false preg symptoms after IUD .  I've taken a few tests all negative.   not sure if it's to early to tell or not.
Des_a_rae, pb95, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
KTowne commented on melimeli's status
delswife1963 added the CFS/FMS Tracker
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals