Pregnancy after having a tubal!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pregnancy after having a tubal!

I am 28 years old and had a tubal done almost 4 years ago, up until now I have never worried about being pregnant, but i know how my body felt when I was pregnant both times with my sons, I had C-Sections with both of them so it was convenant for the doctors to do my tubal during the last C-Section I have a really weird feeling. And I am just wondering the odds of getting pregnant after having a tubal?
It is not unheard of. I know of 3 people personally.

I would do a preg test if you miss your period to check it out. If you are indeed preg, you MUST see your doc quickly, as you risk of having an ectopic (tubal) preg is very high. YOu will need an U/S to verify that the baby is in your womb.
Take Care. S.
Thanks so much for you comment, i have been debating on whether or not to take pg test, since i am only a week over due for my period, but my periods are very predictable, i am so scared to do it though, i had a tubal due i didnt want anymore at the time, and as my youngest gets old i have thought about having another one, i read earlier that the chance of getting pg are 1.4 percent and even higher for those who had a C-section, but anyway this was just suppose to be to thank you!!
I was going to have a tubal but my doc told me that I could still get pregnant so we opted for the vasectomy route. If you are a week late then you should take an HPT and like the other poster said, if it's positive then you need to be seen by OB A.S.A.P. as your chances of it being ectopic are increased. Let us know waht hapens and good luck. Hope you get the results you are wanting.
Thanks so much you guys for your support, I appreciate all the advice that you have given me, I will let you know how everything turns out!
Hey you guys I took a HPT today and it said negative, so maybe in a few days I will get my period. But to be honest I am kind of disappointed, I have been thinking about having my tubal reversed, not really sure of it now, but as for right now the test said negative. Thanks so much for your help!
I HAD A TUBEL AFTER MY LAST C-SECTION THEY DID IT ALL TO IT I WAS TOLD CHANCES OF GETTING PREGNANT WERE 1 PER% ID BE MORE APT TO GET HIT BY A CAR. THEN TALKED TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD IT AND IT IS POSSIBLE ITS BEEN ALMOST 7 YEARS SINCE MINE.
so i know it's heard of and even had a friend in high school that was a product of  a tubel but how common is it for you or anyone to carry the baby full term? i'm 28 and had a tubel almost 4 yrs ago. like one of the other ladies my periods are like clock work i'm only a week late and feel that this could be caused by stress and don't want to over react but i'm not real sure if i should wait or go ahead an take a test? could someone please help? mg
i am 33 years old. i have a tubal almost 12 years ago. BUT i have missed two periods and figured it was due to the slimquick diet supplement i was taking...I took a preg. test..it was inconclusive...apparently you can mess up those tests..so i am taking one again tomorrow morning. I know my body and it is suggesting something is going on...I can't imagine after all these years...i will let you know.
I know of a woman who had a tubal and she ended up pregnant. Upon examination of her tubes they said that there should have been NO way she gooten pregnant. Plus, I've heard that after 7 to 10 years it can verse itself.
I had a tubal almost 5 years ago. But something is telling me that I am with child. I am going to be 28. I have four wonderful boys after a doctor told me I couldn't have children. my last period was only two days long which was really weird because i go like clock work all the time and it lasts 5 days.
My aunt works for my doctor so I called her she told me that she has heard and seen women get pregnet after having a tubal they are not 100% but nothing is unless you just don't have sex. She told me I better take a hpt. I am scared that if I am with child that it is a tubal. Can anyone give me any advice.