Pregnancy and Irregular Periods

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pregnancy and Irregular Periods

I'm 24 years old and I've been having irregular periods for awhile.  Right now I'm taking birth control pills to regulate my period.  I would like to know if I stop taking the pill would I be able to conceive a baby and will my periods ever be regular.
It is very important that you take a FSH test which is a blood test to see that your ovaries are still working properly.  I had the same problem like you did when i was younger. Make an appointment with your doctor ASAP especially if you are trying to conceive.  This test will tell you if you have Premature ovarian failure. Check out this website.  As for me I do have POF and I'm not able to conceive anymore unless I go the egg donor route. Good luck
http://www.nichd.nih.gov/publications/pubs/pof/index.cfm
hI! I Just read your post...have you ever been pregnant??

For me its been a very long journey in this ttc almost 7yrs..at last my RE told me the truth, nothing but the truth..well she had conclude that based from all the series of tests/ultrasound/injectibles..huh!maybe the real thing is......its really very difficult for me to be pregnant coz my FSH go up high fr.4.26 to 11.9..w/c is very high..it only means that i have no eggs left in my ovaries that only  match also to my u/s that shows small ovaries..in short im pre menopausal already..hu!hu!hu!

Thats the answer to my questions why..
-i got my period at the age of 17yo,,very late
-i have irregular periods,
-my ovaries are very small at the of age of 33
-poor/or no response to clomid..Gonal f...
-infertility for almost 7yrs

As of now im on Duphaston pill for 2 mos to induce menstruation, and after wards my RE had plan to repeat another FSH to check again my ovarian reserved...try and try..still hoping even if my RE has been very honest to us that maybe i have no eggs left..still hoping for miracle..i know with GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! We are still trusting the LORD w/ all our hearts and lean not on our OWN HUMAN UNDERSTANDING!

GODBLESS US ALL!!!!