Pregnancy or unbalanced hormones???
Hi there, my problem is that i`m unsure about what is going on with my body. My period normaly comes on the 22nd, every month as i am very regular although it does sometimes come a day sooner or later but does not vary any more then that. My last period started the 22nd of April 2010 & lasted 4 days ( as usual) & I missed the one for the month of May. I am now 16 days late for my period & not sure why it hasn`t come yet. I have not been under any sort of access stress lately. My boyfriend and I have been sexually active most of our 2 1/2 year relationship & we use the " pull out" method so there is a possibility of pregnancy. I have not many symptoms that could be associated with pregnancy exept for tiredness , some body aches, headaches,and i have been sleeping for longer periods of time.I have no regular period symptoms such as tender breasts and cramps which i usualy get a week before my period. Also, in the last day or so i have had some light brownish spotting only when i whipe. Today, after forcing for number two, there was a little bit of pinkish/redish discharge. To add to this, i have taken two First Response pregnancy tests within 5 days of missing my period and they both came out negative. I am planning on going to get blood tests done within the next few days but i am wondering if any other women have experienced this same situation & what their results were ????  ( please don`t post your own  similar questions on this forum, its realy easy to post your own- just answers , opinions and so on !! Thank you very much) I`m looking forward to hearing from anybody who is willing to reply:)
The "pull out" method works well as long as you're ok with possibly conceiving. :) (I say that because I conceived that way! I didn't realize that the tiny little bit of semen that comes out early is plenty to fertilize an egg!) I'm glad you're going to get a blood test, because I think it's possible that you might be pregnant. The negative tests you took a few days ago would imply that you're not, but your period not coming and the odd spotting you're having definitely make me think another pregnancy test would be a good idea. (I've had false negatives on pregnancy tests, but not 5 days after a missed period.) You're probably a bit young for a hormone imbalance, but if the pregnancy test is negative, then that would be something to consider. Hoping for a positive outcome for you!