Pregnancy symptoms? When can I test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pregnancy symptoms? When can I test

I have been off of the depo for 6 months now, I have not had af since.  On Feb. 8th I had brown mucos discharge for a day.  Since then I have had headaches, backaches and have been very tired.  I also have had very sore and tender breasts.  Last couple of days I have noticed that my areolas are getting darker and bigger.  I also have lots of spider veins on them and larger veins are much more noticable - also my nipples have white bumps on the ends.

I took a hpt 2 days ago and it was neg.  All the signs point to pregancy, but without my af I wouldn't know how long to wait to test.  If the brown spotting was implantation bleeding on the 8th - how long do I need to wait to try a test?  Did I try too soon or is something else wrong with me?
Forgot to mention - not on any other type of bc and ttc.
I would wait till sunday then take another test.. that same thing is happening to me...my belly hurts and i have been really tired lately. try another one on sunday cause i took on this pat tuesday and it was negitive and then today i took 2 more they were positive. The pink lines were really light but i am pregnant,
If you experienced true implantation spotting, you should have shown positive on a pg test by now. Have you consulted your doctor?

Also, chances are if you are experiencing that many symptoms of being pg you should have plenty hcg to show up on a pg test.

My advice is to see your doctor and get their opinion.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help : (

Andi
let us know how everything goes... best wishes
you wouldnt have all those symptoms the veins an stuff in your breasts and the white spots an your areolas untill well after you get pregnant you should go to the doctor to get checked dosent sound normal to me good luck.
Well, I had symptoms this early with my other two pregancies.  I tested with both of those before my period was due and neg and then couple days later they were postitive.  I have also thought that instead of IB that it might of been possible that I was ovulating.  The thick brown mucus was like egg whites, described as a sign of ovulation.  I had sex that same night.  That being the case, I would have ovulated the 8-9th of Feb.  That would now make me 17 dpo.  When I took the test on Wednesday, I was only 13 dpo - wouldn't that be too soon to test?  My first sign of pregnancy with both previous pregnancies were the enlarging of my areolas.
Hi could u please tell me what u mean by these white spots on ur areolas as I have had white spots on my nipples for about a year i think and to be honest sometimes puss leaks out of them! Any idea what these white spots are as I have always been concerned? Many thanks.
Ever had a baby? Breasts have many oil and milk glands. The areola can have these white bumps with secretions that may seem worse at different times of the month. The white discharge you are experiencing is probably not puss which is an indication of an infection. If you notice any greenish, brown or bloody discharge then you should see a doctor. The breasts are SO complex and just 2 more things for us ladies to worry over.LOL
Do monthly self breast exams and have the doctor check them at your annual physical. If you notice anything different or worrisome, call for an appt. and perhaps have a baseline mamogram (mammogram) done. I have been having Mamograms since I was 15. Not a big deal. But I think you are fine. Call your doc if your are really concerned.
--J
You can test as early as your first day late of your period..but, if it shows up negative, then wait another week and take another test, if you hadn't started.
i have not yet had my period, and experienced a white secretion from my vagina.. could i be pregnant, i should be due for my period now...
Just wondered if someone could help.I had unprotected sex 2 weeks ago.
I have been experiencing weard feelings in my belly {hard to explain} but im wondering if im being para....but iv got white spots on my areola, my boobs dont hurt unless i really push them in, im really struggling to sleep some nights but i dont know if its cause im thinking about it. oh an iv got white egg lookin discharge but their is not alot.
PLEASE HELP.........
I am having the same symptoms as jojo_hill44... could i be pregnant ?
no one can tell you if your pregnant based on symptoms.

if your having unprocted sex...then yes there is a POSSIBILITY you can be pregnant.

if you think your pregnant then you would have to take a pregnancy test. anything else is a guess as to if your pregnant