Pregnant after c-section

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pregnant after c-section

Hi, I was wondering if it was safe to be pregnant after having a c-section 7 months ago.... I havent had a pregnancy test done as of yet, I havent had my period in a month, been having all the pregnancy symptoms... the question is that if I am pregnant and being pregnant so soon is there a chance of my scar opening? In the past week I've been having pain on my scar from the c-section. it feels like someone is stabbing me with a knife and ripping my scar open from the inside.... It is soooo painful.. could my scar be opening and is that possible? Could it be from if i was pregnant??? thanks for your responses!!
I NEED THE SAME QUESTION ANSWERED, EXCEPT MY C-SECTION WAS 9.5 MONTHS AGO.  I DON'T HAVE ANY PAIN IN THE AREA, BUT I DID READ AN ARTICLE ABOUT A PREGNANCY THAT LODGED IN A C-SECTION SCAR JUST A FEW DAYS AGO.  IT IS EXTREMELY EXTREMELY RARE ONLY ABOUT 40 CASES TOTAL, BUT IF YOU KEEP HURTING, GET TO THE DOCTOR IT COULD BE SOMETHING SERIOUS.  I DON'T HAVE ANY PAIN AT ALL AND I AM 5 WEEKS PREG.
Take a test and go to the Dr.  If you are or are not pregnant you need to discuss the feelings you are having with a dr and find out what is wrong.  I dont think it would be too soon...my aunt had a C-section with all 3 of her kids and her youngest two are less than a year and a half apart.