Pregnant and have HPV

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pregnant and have HPV

Hi guys
I am in the middle of switching doctors offices and I had gotten a phone call today that changed my mind about alot of stuff. I am really scared right now. I am pregnant and my test results from the pap came back positive. They classified my pregnancy as a high risk and now when I go to the doctor I am meeting with tomorrow I am supposed to tell her about this. I am at a loss for words. Like what should I expect? Does this hurt the baby? Can I have more than one child? Is everything okay? Will I be okay? Should I avoid sex? There's alot going around in my mind. I usually take a nap during the day and I just kept thinking horrible thoughts :( It seems like it's one thing after another. All I ask is for medical advice from drs, nurses, etc. Or people from personal or family experiences. I just need to clear my head with a little advice. I am scared for my little one and myself. But the baby's health is always number 1 in my eyes.
Please let me know asap!!
While a positive HPV test is something to be concerned about, it's important to remember not all forms of HPV are cancerous.  I'd write a list of the things this makes you worry about to ask when you see your doctor tomorrow.  Sometimes written word is helpful, but I think hearing it from someone you see and know for sure is a medical professional will have a better, more calming affect.  Wishing you the best!
I texted positive for HPV* sorry that i left that out.