Pregnant but Vasectomy husband?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pregnant but Vasectomy husband?

I am 4 days delayed now, but my period not yet occur, last 2 weeks i had a brownish/pinkish flow but just a little for two days. I felt bloating too and feeling pain at my lower pelvic. Is this sign of pregnancy? Would it be possible to be pregnant and my husband is in Vasectomy? He had his vasectomy for 14 years now and never had check. anyone who had same situation. I would appreciate any idea.
Have you taken a home pregnancy test?
A Vasectomy 14 years ago? Not likely that you are pregnant. Not sure what type of procedure he had but in a lot of the older ones and as in some Tubal Ligations the tubes can untie. Now they cut the Vas Deferens which is the tube that carries the sperm and burn it and clamp it with stainless steel. If this is the type of procedure he had, then he should still be sterile. Even though he never went for the confirmation with a sperm count 14 years is a LONG time. Take a HPT and if you are pregnant, he can go for a sperm count to show him that this was not from infidelity. I know if I ever ended up pregnant, (hubby had Vasectomy almost 11 years ago) that I would be dragging him to get a count to prove to him and his crazy family that it is HIS. LOL Stranger things have happened, but you are probably fine. Only way to know for sure is to take that test.
Good Luck.
--J
Yes, I agree - slim chance of pregnancy.  However, the only way to know is take a hpt and go from there.

Good luck!
I think that if you test neg. then you should see your doctor because your symptoms could also be a sign of more sever problems.  Infections and so forth.
Not to be rude, but how old are you?
If you test positive, ask you husband to go in for a sperm check.  You don't want him to think you were unfaithful!
If he never had a recheck done, it is possible. I do not envy you, if you are pg you may have a few sticky days ahead of you until he has a test done to check for swimmers.

Andi
I am 34 years old. Yeah thats me and my husband's plan that if im pregnant, he need to visit a urologist to have a sperm count. I am not playing on fire and I knew my husband knew it. Thanks for the advices, I appreciated it