Pregnant without a gallbladder.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pregnant without a gallbladder.

I had my gallbladder removed and was taking Questran.  I recently found out I was pregnant and was told to stop taking Questran.  Is there any other medication that I can take that would be safe for the baby.  Every time I eat, I have to use the restroom.  I do not have much of an appetite and I am not sure that is good for the baby if I use the restroom after every meal. I eat small portions throughout the day.  It is hard to work and function without the Questran.  Please help!  I don't see my gynecologist until the end of this week.

My mom had the same problem when she was prego with my lil brother..I would suggest stop taking the meds as the dr. directed..they did give her something to take that wasnt harmful to the baby! I would go to the ER if your not feeling good...how far along are you??

*~Mrs.Jones~*
I have not seen my doctor yet.  I think around 4-6 weeks.  Do you know what is the name of the medication your mother was on?