Premature Ovarian Failure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Premature Ovarian Failure

I am currently 29 years old. I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure close to two years ago now. Initially, I quit having my menstrual cycle at the age of twenty. My menstrual cycles began to fade and come once, twice, or three times a year when I was fifteen and it continued on like that until I was 20 when I finally quit having them.

I would like to know what I need to do now in order to make sure that I am still as healthy as I can be. What conditions are going to happen/ have already happened since this diagnosis was confirmed?

- premature menopause
- premature osteoperosis

To make matters a bit more difficult, some specialists think I may have Chronic Pancreatis (pancreatitis) and I have no idea what that is or what that means?

I have arthritis in my lower back/ could that be due to the premature ovarian failure?

I am only 29 and don't understand why my health is at this level right now?  I've had a lot of abdominal pains too for years and the doctors/ specialists that I have been seeing have no idea what is causing it?

I get numbness in my hands and feet a lot too, just recently, and don't know what's going on??????

Lily
I am 25 and have ovarian failure because of chemotherapy.  You should get bone density scans to check if you need to be on boniva or something.

If sex starts to hurt because you don't make much moisture anymore, there is estrodial (perhaps spelt it wrong).  It is estrogen insterted to the vag.

That is all I am doing for it so far..
hi there lily. i am 41 years old.   And  i have  been told by the doctor at the hospital that i have premature ovarian failure.  at the moment i am taking wheatgrass juice.  just to help protect my health.  coz i know now that my health will start going down hill from now on wards.  so i have to try take care of my health from now.  you can buy wheatgrass at any health shop.  hope my advice helped you.

I also have premature ovarian failure in my 20s...recently diagnosed.
I don't even feel like going on anymore...I don't think I'll have a good life.
My dreams are over. It's not fair that women like us can never be mothers and experience the miracle of giving birth.

I am unmarried and feel like it's too late for me to be a wife because I'm broken. I have nothign left to life for. Why is there no cure for this terrible condition? It's more bearable if you already have children, but if very young and childless...it's so devastating.