Pressure and aching in Vagina. Not pregnant.
Here is another question! I have posted many many times and maybe someone can link them together and give me a good guess! I have not had a menses in almost six months and I have taken HPT's and they are all negitive. Just recently I have had some odd pressure and cramping in my vagina. It is not so bad it makes me want to stay in bed all day. It is just a dull pain. It is almost like it is sore! My husband and I have not had sex in a couple of weeks because we have been truly drained with work and the baby! It is not that type (sex) sore. It hurts deep inside like on the bone. It feels almost like it did when I was thirty eight weeks pregnant. It is not that bad though! I KNOW I AM NOT PREGNANT! So I am pushing that option out of the way. Any advice anyone?
have u been checked to see why u have had no cycle in 6 months? I would be getting that checked out ASAP. sounds like u need to make an appt soon with ur gyn.
I would love to make an appointment, but we are running low on cash and we cant afford insurance. I dont know what to do! I am pretty stressed out about it! I cant go to the ER because there was some kind of mix up when I was on medicaid and supposivly I owe them??? They may still be able to take me, but I am not sure! There are no free clinics here. I am going to do some research and see what my best option is! I just cant pin point the problem!! Thank you for your response!
L
Laurabeth,
If your hospital is a county owned one they can't refuse to see you and treat you. I just had a total hysterectomy done, and had no insurance to cover it, so i know all to well how you feel. See if you can find a dr to work on a sliding fee scale where they charge by your income, or if one will work with you on a payment plan. Best of wishes to you and good luck on finding a dr soon.
Don't know that this really helps but I had odd pressure it felt like my uterus was going to fall out & if I'd sit down or lie down it would go away I never did this til after my son was born especially if I had went to the mall or just stood alot the day before it would really bother me & if my period was fixing to start the pressure would startup. The Dr said it was hormones I went to 2 diff DR both seemed to think I should not worry now I'm pg w/ #2 & it really gets that soreness & pressure often it's like you have to sit down, although mine is not really pain just very umcomfortable. My bones also feel like they have been bruised down there. So maybe you can get a better expl. than I got, everything is always hormones if you are a woman :) LOVE & PRAYERS
well i think i have the same kind of pain... well atleast it seems right.  Only that it only hurts me when i sleep on the floor.  i don't seem to understand why though?  It happens every time i sleep on the damn floor. i'm 19 now, but it's happend since i was about 13.  i didn't lose my virginity until i was 15.  it's pressure and aches just as you describe it close to the bone, and i can't help but to put pressure on it kind of like massaging but not really.  and that kind of helps it.  if you find an answer to this problem please let me know.
Wow, it is nice to know there are people out there with the same odd sypmtoms.  Yes, all of a sudden there is this pressure, soreness and aching like your uterus is going to fall out.  What the heck could it be???
I'm 19 too and have the same pressure, i've been looking on the internet to see what it could be, maybe pelvis floor syndrome....check it out.
Ladies im so so so so so glad that im not alone! been to the docs today and she has no idea what it is - the more i research the more i read the same as what im reading here! Its crazy that no one knows what this is! Surely we are not the only women with this prb but like ive read everywhere, it seems to be put down to hormones everytime! But that doesnt make it stop!
I have a similar problem and can't figure out what the heck it is.  It started shortly after I had a miscarriage about six weeks ago.  It feels like a painful yet dull ache and it's not a localized pain... I can press, poke, and prod anywhere and there's no actual pain... just an overall ache/pressure feeling in my labia/vagina.  I've had a physical exam and ultrasound and I do have a fybroid but somehow I don't think that's what it is... unless it is pushing on a nerve or something. The only thing that helps the pain is vicodin and I certainly don't want to be relying on that, especially since I'll be TTC again soon.  This is driving me crazy!!  I do have days where it doesn't bother me but most of the time I am constantly worrying about what it is.
Pelvic Congestion Syndrome

It's like varicous veins in the pelvic area and vulva and such.   I had it a little with 1st preggy.  More with the 2nd now just at the end of my period.  The hormones cause the blood to pool there more so your more aware of it.  It's like a heavy-ness, dull ache.  

If you get what I do then it's just engorgment of all the veines down there.  That's why sitting down helps :)
Oh, my goodness.... I am not going crazy afteral ! So sorry to hear you ladies get the same dull, heavy, dragging, achey feeling as me, but so relieved to know I am not alone. Sometimes it is so bad a have to sit down and lying down helps too. It is particularly bad after sex, so much so that I have to lay down for at least an hour before I can stand up comfortably. This all started during and after the pregnancy with my first baby. So, it´s been YEARS now and my doctor  ( male), just tells me to keep up the pelvic floor excersizes etc. , that it will pass !
My husband and my doctor seem to tire of hearing about it, but I am in real pain even if it is not medically recognised.
Thank you for posting your comment and getting the ball rolling. I can only say that paracetamol helps me a little. Sorry can´t be of more help.
Regards from Spain.
U may have prolapsed uterus.  My mother in law had this and the pains that you have discribed as well as feeling better when she sat or laid down. so she had to have a hysterectomy and the pressure/pain is gone.
I have had these same symptoms for years but they started to get worse since the birth of my children.  If the problem is the varicose veins, I was told by a nurse at the health department that taking vitamin E helps.  Watch your dosage within a week and see how things go.  I know I still have pressure once in a while when I run out of my vitamins but the pain/pressure is a lot less and barely noticeable when I am taking them.  I hope this helps anyone else having these problems. I was also told that these veins are hereditary which is a sad awakening since my mother's legs are covered with them.  I am dreading looking like that one day :(
I suppose there could be many reasons for this pressure and dull pain.  I'm an older lady who has had this off and on throughout my adult life.  I've had four children.  During one flare-up my gyn. ran all tests and came to the conclusion that I was eating too much fiber.  The pressure was coming from my intestines, I guess.  I know it can start bothering me, and the first thing I do is run out and buy cranberry juice for a possible urinary tract infection.  But it can go away as quickly as it starts.  The gyn. nurse said I might have a pinched nerve.  Doctors aren't very helpful.  In my case I've come to feel that it will go away on its own.  It helps to know we're not alone :-)    
Hi again.  I just posted an hour ago.  My daughter has been diagnosed with severe endometriosis, so I guess it's possible that I might have a touch of that, too, that could be causing some of the discomfort.  
I'm having the same pressure right now! But I only seem to get it when I'm on my period. It's a combination of cramps with pressure down there ugh...its so painful and uncomfortable!
I see these posts are from last year so I'm wondering if anyone's got any answers yet? Last month I started w/ an aching deep in my vagina, like it's in the bone almost. Just like the weeks prior and following my daughters birth. Well it started when my period started and lasted for 3 days after I ovulated and I got a break from it until my period started a few days ago. It gets really bad at times. Really wears me down. Only thing that helps is taking either pain medicine Or 2 Tylenol and 2 advil at once. Lying flat with legs out straight seems to help. I agree it must be hormones because I never had this when I was on birth control. (started witht the first period following stopping the BC, NOT pregnant) I went to the dr. Around the time I ovulated and they did an exam, vaginal ultrasound and the next week some bloodwork and concluded the pain was from ovulating. But I know I'm not ovulating on day 3 of my period. I guess I need to call them.
Glad to read I am not the only one to suffer with this. Started to get this in my late stages of pregnacy, after birth still getting the same ache and pain if I stood up to long or sitting. Laying down only seemed to help also got a feeling when I went to the toilet I felt I was going to burst. ache eased down now it's my first mens cycle after given birth and its starting again. Does anyone know if this goes away on its own.
Has anyone found out what it is..I get an ache on the bone down there sometimes I have to apply pressure to it to ease it a little..when I wake in the mornings I feel nothing but as soon as go to the bathroom the ache starts and pretty much goes all day..I'm sooo over this pain
Hello Ladies,

I recently found this thread when experiencing the same odd pelvic pain. I went to my OBGYN and after an ultrasound, it was determined that it was two ovarian cysts.  I do recommend going to see your doctor and at least this gives a possible point to study and another subject to talk to the doctor about.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ovarian-cysts/DS00129/DSECTION=symptoms
It could easily be an UTI., I once had one and it felt like my vagina was going to fall out., basically a lot of pressure down there.. A good n cheap home remedy is Lots of Cranberry Juice and a heat pad .. If u do not have a heat pad a nice hot hot rag will do.. I hope this helps.
Glad I'm not alone in this, mine can't be ovarian cycst because I don't have any ovaries or uterus. Hope it goes away soon as it will take 4 to 6 weeks or more to get into a doctor.
I have been having a lot of the same similar pain, I feel a pinching, pulling feeling also, like something is going to come out of my vagina, I have made an appointment to figure this out, definitely concerns me and my well being, in 2007, I had a laparoscopy surgery done where they found two cysts on both my right and left ovaries, and endometriosis, I've also had an abortion when I was 15, I am now 31 years old, and face a lot of girlie issues, I sometimes blame myself for my medical history, but I am glade I am not the only one with the same issues, I hope that whatever this pain is... That someone somewhere can give us some real answers to why we are getting these pains and how to cure it, and if its incurable, atleast some kind of medication to ease this unbearable pain. The pain only lasts so long for me as well, but when I do feel it and it hurts, I just want something to make it go away, I'm sure you all do, best of luck to you all... I will pray for all of us :)
Me too. My pain is a pressure like I have contractions.  I think it is ovarian cancer.  I have cist.  Waiting *****.  My appointment is in 1 month.  My left ovary hurts A lot.  That one does not have a cist.  I had endometriosis 3 yeArs ago and had the scare tissue removed.  Now my back hurts.  I gave diahrera.  And gas. And my stomach is bloated.  I sometimes have fatigue. I use to get short of breath.  It could also be part depression.  I am going through a lot right now.  Sometimes the pain is so severe and fatigue etc. I stay in bed all day.  
I had ovarian cancer 5 years ago and didn't have ANY pain with it.  Just no period.  Had a complete hysterectomy.  Now I'm having the same pain everyone here is describing.  I have gas and bloating too, last week the pain was really bad.  I had a bowel movement the next day and the pain was gone.  (i have constipation problems too)  I also have back problems so I'm thinking mine is either related to my bowel problems (your intestines back up to your vaginal wall)  or it's from my spine like a pinched nerve.  I just got checked by my OB doc and I'm still cancer free, and my vaginal wall is not prolapsing (i was thinking thats what it was).  God Bless.
this pressure started shortly after having sex.it was like i was having labor pains it came from my tummy to the back of my vagina.the cramp was so bad i could not even walk.i felt like i needed to urinate but it hurted so bad and nothing came out.i was light headed and felt like i had to throw up.the way i can explain the feeling was like trapped gas that would not move.i felt like i was going to burst.it passed some what but everytime i cough or laugh i feel the pressure
Dinosaur
Tea_RexExternal User
It is possible that you have a cystocele or rectocele. Since you've had a baby, your vaginal wall may have been weakened and your bladder (cystocele) or your rectum (rectocele) may be protruding through that week spot, kind of like a hernia. I saw an "Embarassing Ilnesses" episode on You Tube in which a woman who had two kids had both of these conditions and got surgery to repair them. It is also possible that your uterus is actually falling out (not very likely though). It's called uterine prolapse. It usually only happens to elderly women who have had a loss of muscle in that area and weakened ligaments. Do you do kegel exercises? I don't mean to scare you but it would definitely be a good idea to be seen by a doctor with the symptoms you've described. Is there a local free or sliding scale clinic you could visit? Planned Parenthood is usual income based and they are women's health experts.
I've had a partial "hystie"(I still have my cervex) and a bladder "lift" I get this "ache" when I have sat too long and when I lie down at night. Gone in the am (after taking tylenol the night before) Starts up again an hour or 2 later. I also have lower back "issue". I've gone to the Dr in the past thinking it's the start of a UTI=negative results. Like other women=no actual localized pain just the dull ache from the vaginal area. Makes me a little crazy with all the cancer that seems to be of epidemic proportions.
I've got the same thing. I'm 18. it just comes on but i'm so sore right now! there's no way i'm pregnant.
I am 30 yrs old and my tubes have been clamped for almost 9 yrs.. I have a set of 12 yr old triplet daughter, I also have cist on my ovaries, I know I'm not pregnant but I have pressure bad and have not had it since I was pregnant with them. The last born just had her left ovary removed in sept. because it was twisted and dead. I have never had any major problems and wondering if I should see a Dr or just see if it goes away, it just started 2 days ago..
Good morning,
Thought I was crazy, the pressure feels like when you need to push in labor, Iam 53 had a total histor. In 2000 do to cancer, this started 2 days ago it's getting worse and no relieve
can anyone help me I just had sex a couple days ago and it was extremely painful for me and I also found out im pregnant with my 2nd childand this pregnancy hasn't been easy. I was literally felt like I was dying bc I started having diarrhea and my vagina opening started hurting me in extreme pain it was crippling! ive had diarrhea for at least 2 weeks and cant hardly eat anything
my pressure isnt in my vaginal area its more on the outside
I have the same feeling I have to lay down with my legs straight out at night because if I lay on my side it hurts especially if my legs are closed! & it makes me have vagina aches its deep inside feels like on or under the bone I wonder wat is causing this I know its 2016 but can u please tell me if u still experience this I had my baby November 2015 its been happening every since!
Im having the same pain! Sometimes mine is shooting but deep mainly, almost like muscle pain?
Hello, I have had this pressure and pain for the past 3 months. I am 56 in menopause I was treated for a uti, but still have the pain and blood in my urine... omg my pain is a 10 at this time every day, and all day?
I do!! I'm dying to know what's causing it!
Didn't want to read and run. I've had a dull heaviness in my uterus area (at least that's where it feels like it is!) on and off for the last 6 weeks. It feels like my womb is gonna fall out when I get off the sofa and picking up my daughter. I've been breastfeeding my 8mth old since Aug 2015 and had my first period last month (April) and the pain started a few weeks before this. I had a smear test booked, they took swabs to test for infection too (all clear thank God) and the doctor did an internal and told me My uterus had dropped slightly but was nothing extreme. She said kegels/pelvic floor excercises should sort it out. She also prescribed a mild laxative in case I was constipated. I came on my period two days later and the pain went but now it's back again. It seems to coincide with middle of my cycle and I feel it will last until my period but I've booked another docs apt to update that the pain is still there on and off. I'm quite worried and have to wait 2 weeks for the apt. Did anyone get a diagnosis on here?