Problems with the Contraceptive Pill

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Problems with the Contraceptive Pill

I was on the contraceptive pill (Cilest) for about a year, but then stopped for 3 months as I decided that I did not want to edit my hormones unnecessarily, I then got a long term partner and decided that I should go back on the pill. This was four months ago. Me and my boyfriend were using condoms, but then when the pill was decided he went to the GUM clinic to get a check up before we stopped using one. I had an STI check in May and it came back negative and before my current boyfriend I only slept with one person between May and August (when me and boyfriend got together) and a condom was used each time. The boyfriend's tests all came back negative. The last 2 months I have been having spotting/abnormal discharge during each packet of pill (not the break week) and sometimes discomfort in my lower abdomen during intercourse. I normally take my pills correctly, but there have been times when I have missed one or taken some of them later than I should have done. Could these symptoms be caused by my body adjusting to the pill again do you think or would it be worth going back to the Sexual Health Clinic just to be on the safe side?
Sounds like a side effect of the pills. I'd see the health clinic anyway to see about another prescription and get tested just to be safe. But I'd say it's the pill.
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
aiyanas_momma commented on photo
Sep 25
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals