Profuse Sweating
I have a severe problem with profuse sweating...I have had it for as long as I can remember...I can't keep my hair dry..my face is wet and dripping with sweat it's very embarrasing and disabeling.  I can walk from my front door to the car and my face is sweating like I had ran a marathon...I can't go on like this I need suggestions please.  I am 56 weight about 230 and in good health otherwise.  I take asthma medication singular and abluteral inhaler as needed.  Is there a medication I can take or a surgery? I can't stand this any longer it's living hell.  I don't mean to sound so desperate but it's horrible to live like this I cry about it and stay so miserable. It can be below zero outside and I sweat...If I just sweep the floor I get so hot I have to take a break to cool down...the smallest amount of exercise makes me sweat badly. Sweat pours from my face, my back my clothes stick to me and my makeup runs off. ,my hair is wet...my face gets blood red and I'm just miserable daily.  Is there an answer I would really appreciate some help.  Thank you
Wow!  I was just starting a search about this same problem!  I'm 41 and am having the SAME problem.  It is truly a horror that no one who hasn't experienced it can fathom how debilitating it really is.  

I dread leaving my house.  Not only the embarrassment of going out in public having to carry a hand towel with me (paper towels nor napkins won't even come close to handling all the perspiration), but it's horrible feeling the sweat dripping down your neck, over your eyes and around your mouth and nose.  You're shirts are always soaked around the neckline too.

If there is anyone out there who can help, please,PLEASE let me/us know what to do.
I know what I'm going to do about my sweating problem....move to ALASKA!!!!!
I live in Florida where it's 100 degrees with 100 percent humidity. I'm also post menopausal and having hot flashes. I can't stand being hot, sticky and down right miserable. I sleep with two fans on me while my husband freezes!!
I feel for anyone who suffers like this and I know there must be a reason why someone is hot all the time especially if the weather is cool. Maybe someone can answer your question. I think some people have a higher body temperature than others.
Thank God-I'm not insane!!!  I also have this problem.  All I have to do is move around a little and I am soaking wet!!  I'm 57 in good shape and not ready to have to face this forever!! I have been through hotflashes and this is worse. I am in business and can not keep a hair style to save my soul---I'm always dripping wet. Everyone around me is aware of my problem--I take fans wherever I go.  My family makes fun of my GI Jane outfits I wear at home to keep the sweat off my face. If any one out there has a clue why some people are so hot all the time and having their lives ruined with profuse sweating and extreme discomfort please help!!!!
I am 70 years old and when I was young I thought I was weird because I could not sweat like normal, as I aged, I began to sweat, due to menopause, and went through all of the regular stages of it, and had awhile when I did not suffer as much.  But now that I am older, I sweat most of the time.  Every shirt I wear is wet when I take it off.  My doctor can't seem to decide what causes the sweating.  Three years ago I had quadruple bypass surgery and since then the problem has escalated to the point that I am even more miserable.  My husband goes to pat my back or my arms, but I am always wet and my skin feels cold and clammy to the touch.  I am post-menopausal and have also had a hysterectomy 10 years ago.  My doctor says that it might be caused by my many medications for all of my health problems.  I can emphasize with you all and can only pray that we all find the answer to this problem.  There has to be a solution for all of us.  
Yep, same thing here...I am 41, about 50 pounds overweight, would like to get more exercise but with three teenagers in the house and working...don't seem to find much time for myself and my feet hurt all the time because I'm flat-footed and should probably get orthodics but insurance doesn't cover that.  I take the following medications:  advair & albuterol for asthma, lisinopril for blood pressure, zyrtek for allergies, and effexor for anxiety and depression.  Even with minimal exertion my face is dripping wet, I haven't been able to wear makeup or style my hair in forever.  This is miserable, embarassing and depressing.  I feel like I'm all used up and falling apart--my youngest child, who is in the autism spectrum and I fear may never be able to live alone, is just going into 7th grade so I need to get healthier and feel better--SO any answers would be a huge blessing.  
I'm 27, 5'2 and approximately 122 pounds.  I have a two year old and ever since I was prego with him, I sweat like CRAZY!  I feel like I'm heading towards menopause!  HELP!
I was doing a search and came upon all of you ladies here who have the same problem as me ! I am so thankful to have found you, because I feel so alone with this problem and not one Dr can help me ! It all started after the triple bypass  I had in November , 2007 . I feel just horrible when these sweats come upon me, I can't even think straight, I cannot focus on anything and don't understand any of it !
Les
I'm 45 and overweight and I've had this sweating problem for a couple of years now.  It really is miserable!  I don't take any medications that I can blame it on.  I always have the ac blasting at home and in the car.  I get out of the shower and I'll start sweating when I'm drying off.  It is truly miserable!!!!

Marie
some of you may have a condition called hyperhidrosis..3% of the population have it and im one of them..im only eighteen but its been like this my whole life..my hands, feet, underarms, legs, and back sweat profusely almost all of the time even when im cold. its miserable and its been really hard for me to deal with..but ive used drysol and robinul and they've helped me alot. other options are iontophoresis machines, botox, and surgery. Another problem could be some of you could have a thyroid disorder. i hope this helps some.
I have the same problem! So embarrassing... I can't make someone a cup of tea without breaking a major sweat over my face! I turn beet red, and have to sit down near a window to cool myself off! I'm 35 with Polycystic ovarian syndrome (also overweight), I take Metformin for the PCOS, and effexor XR for anxiety. I'm healthy otherwise... just have this embarrassing problem!! Please help!!! :-(
I am glad that I found this site. It is a relief to hear that others suffer from profuse sweating. Mine is just my head, and everything and nothing triggers sweat. Not on meds, and am fairly healthy. I am 62 and this had progressively gotten worse over the last 15 years. I have heard of an operation to cut the sympathetic nerve. Anyone hear of this? But I hear that the sweating will go somewhere else. I am also truly miserable.
i wish i got the profuse sweating on my face .  I am 25 and since i was 13 had major problem with armpit sweat.  nothing works.  i have had medicated stuff and i can't wear certain  clothes b/c i don't  want my embaressing secret to show on my shirt and let my secret get out.  have anyone found anything that helps i know botox works for face although is rediculous expensive since it only works like year and
As an older, not necessarily wiser, to you. Be thankful that it is only your armpits. Yes, your clothes get wet, but how about always having wet hair. If shaved heads were in for women, I would do it in a heartbeat. I cannot keep makeup on and it always looks like I just got out of the pool. At special gatherings, weddings etc., not good. Ashley, look into the cutting of the sympathetic nerve. Good luck.
Oh my gosh!!! What a relief to have found this. I too have been sweating profusly for about 10 years, as soon as i start any kind of moving around it starts. I wore makeup everyday, and would fix my hair, i don't bother anymore because in 10 minutes of getting to work I will be soaked from head to foot. Does anyone have infected toe nails from sweat dripping into feet? I finally found out why my toes were infected. I also know now why I was laid off of my front desk receptionist job? I was sweating horribly and had to greet people and in my heart I know this is why they let me go. I don't know what to do anymore? It is very embarrassing when it drips off your face onto paper work, or working in kitchen at church and being soaking wet, I had to use my lips to blow sweat off my upper lip, I have gone nuts with it dripping into my eyes and burning, and pants that looked like i wet myself. I went thru menopaue at age 39, so this is not that. It just popped up out of nowhere? i thank you all for sharing your stories , i am afraid to go to work as I have been out of work for 2 years, who would hire me in such a condition?
hyperhidrosis is a condition where person sweats in excess due to overactivity of his/her sweat gland due to excessive sympathetic stimulation..it s seen in 3% of population..there are lots of alternative treatment for hyperhidrosis like antiperspirants,iontophoresis,botox injections and last but not the least endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy in which nerves which supplies sweat glands are cut..but better not to do this surgery as it has got very dangerous complications like horner's syndrome and complementary sweating in other parts of body area...but there is such no complete cure for hyperhidrosis....i urge all hyperhidrosis sufferers not to loose their hope no need to become embarassed of this situation..just relax..ur  not the only one there are millions of people who suffers from this disease..so chill..all the best to u all of u
I'm 27, and recently gained 25 lbs and have anxiety disorder. I sweat after 2-5 minutes of cleaning, walking outside in weather above 70, after showering. It takes me at the least 30 minutes to cool down. What I have got from reading articles and others experiences, I have realized that this is not uncommon for someone who decreased their exercise, has stress and anxiety, and being a tad overweight. I also use narcotics for pain and anxiety. All of these things can cause excessive sweating. Patting instead of rubbing  urself dry after showering helps, the last few minutes of showering decrease the warmth of the water also helps. I am hoping exercising more, loosing weight, eating less, and trying to reduce my stress and medication usage will help. I will keep u updated on my progress!
I also suffer from this ridiculous condition. I am 52 yr old! I  take  absolutely no medications what so ever. Im slightly overweight about 10 lb. By no means do I exercise the thought of that word has me sweating. I had a  partial hysterectomy where my uterus was removed in my early 20. I haven't had a  menstrual cycle since then. My sweating started ONLY 3 years ago. Where I thought I was going through menopause and needed to start taking hormones my doctor confirmed that my Estrogen levels are normal. He would not put me on any med's. WHAT I HAVE DISCOVERED OVER TIME IS.... When ever I ate ICE CREAM is when I would sweat the most where the sweat would drip off my nose for the next few days. although I cant cut out dairy products all together I do limit my intake this has stopped at least 50% of the sweat. When I forget and have the craving for creamy ice cream I SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES. I hope this bit of information is helpful just try it        
I eat a lot of dairy! I think I will try cutting it down and see if my sweating also lowers. Thank you for posting your comments.
I have all the same stuff you are goingthrough, I try to tell people but they dont understand, my dr ran a bunch of hormone test, clear out of wack. they put me on hormone therapy a month ago but nothing, if I just bend over I sweat, nobody knows how miserable it is. I am 60 and post menopausal, she said it was like my body is trying to go back into menopause. I am so sick of it, I sweat when it is below 0, cant get my hair dry with a blow dryer, it just statrs again, cant wear makeup
Hi everyone. I am a black woman, just turned 26 years old this year and I started being SEVERELY HOT since I was about 23. i was not overweight at the time, but am now. i would be hot while everyone is under blankets shivering cold. Now i sweat CONSTANTLY! I'm dripping sweat down the sides of my face as I type this. I sweat sitting, standing, eating, sleeping. I am only not sweating if I have air conditioning! I think its a thyroid issue, but cannot afford the lab test bc I don't have health insurance and am unemployed. I am on generic Xanax and Celexa for anxiety and depression, but that's it for medical issues.
I just thought I'd share my 2cents. ;-)
In old age our thyroid gland produce more sweating than the requirements ..thats why you feel you face is always wet under the fan also. You should go through thyroid test (all). then only you can catch the the root of disease......
Thankful to have found you. I now know, I,45 female,suffer from this horrible problem too. Like many, I get this with the simplist exertion, especially, when it is humid out, hot or cold. DRIPPING, HOT RED Face (like heat stroke). I would get the worse headaches following the episode. I too, get drenched hair,face,entire body,clothing,just horrible. I now now how to,at least, help the migranes! I always have Gatorade (G2) on hand. It helps replace the electrolytes. I still feel exhausted,lousy n drenched afterward, but at least those painful migranes have been easier to deal with. I hope this info helps some of you. Replacing electrolytes are so important, if severely dehydrated,from what I remember reading a while back, it can actually cause cardiac arrythmias, maybe worse. Wishing all of us some peace. God bless.
I go through the same thing with very heavy perspiring and have for years. By the way, if your child has Asperger's Syndrome, don't give up hope that they can't live by themselves and function as an adult in their own place because I do and my Mother thought I would never be able to live alone either! I do very well! But I don't know that it's Asperger's Syndome that your child has. I wish for a cure for the heavy perspiring. Winters are a lot easier on me. Summers are torture! lol!  Kathy  ***@****
Going on the Alaskan cruise in June and if it is as cool as I suspect, I am with you.  I sweat if my thermostat is at 70.  I went to the Bikefest in Leesburg on Saturday and was so ashamed to ask my husband to leave twenty minutes after we got there.  I just couldn't stand it.  I have read that hyperthyroidism might be the problem but just read others could be as well.  I haven't been to the doctor since I read this.
I remember, being born to a 47 yr old mother...when I was in my teens..my mother always dripping with sweat. Her sister, a few years younger would also be dripping with a handkerchief in her hand dripping wet...air conditioning was not many places in Missouri..they just lived with it but I hoped I'd never be like them!

I had been given robinul 1 mg years ago....to take 1/4 to 1/2 tab only if needed for severe sweating...up to 3 times a day..the doctor only gave me 10 tabs....I had been 60 and post menopausal per dr.,
I had been taking bits at a time .....dry mouth, blurred vision, dry stools..can occur as it is a potent anticholinergic...I had been warned to drink plenty of water ....I drank til I floated because I did get dry mouth...
........6 months or so ago ....the sweating hit with a vengeance..my thyroid is ok..and i was drinking gatorade, sweating like my mom had...and wondering if it is hereditary...could be!..now I am 65..
but  sweating  was not just in mornings but all day....so I went to my new young dr. who had never heard of the drug, ..I was dripping Wet when
I saw him..
He finally found it on his computer and ordered me a few...wow..it is working and again, I only take part of a tab at a time...
Hope you all get help..
Oh, also..many drugs have anticholinergic properties so be sure to tell your dr. All Other meds u take/ so u don't get double the side effects of dry mouth,
Look it up..it's an older drug.
Hope this helps!

I tried Robinul but it gave me massive sinus headaches.
thank you for that, am going to ask my dr about it...remember my mother, who had me when she was 44, sweating profusely, also my 2 sisters and then another sister didn't sweat at all, just broke out in little sweat bumps...i was a little over weight and thought maybe that was the problem, but have lost weight now, and still sweating at 69...ANY movement, 30 outside, anything, makes me sweat...it's a horrible problem...hair wet all the time..feels like my head is about l0 degrees warmer than body...take a thyroid pill and it's in check...just don't know, but am going to try this pill, thanks...
Wow, this is crazy I thought I was alone in this ndightmare that I couldn't wake up from. I remember even when I was young my mom telling me I was her radiator, kept her warm all the time. This has going on my whole life, the down pours of rain coming down my face, I hate to go anywhere anymore.I try to keep my hair short but I don't want it shaved. Even though I hate to see all of you are having this problem I am glad I am not alone.
Business woman2
Kelly77338External User
ROBINUL ( brand name) and glycopyrrolate is the generic name for this little miracle pill (1mg) that completely controls and stops profuse body sweating.  Just go ask your dermatologist for a prescription.
I have suffered for the past 15yrs and it has been getting worse! I'm 67 and desperate to find a solution. I didn't realise so many people had this problem. I used to go Line Dancing and Tap Dancing but had to give up because I couldn't see what I was doing because the sweat was running into my eyes and had to keep a towel with me at all times to dry myself. It's a vicious circle because I can't do as much exercise I have put weight on which is no good. Where do we go from here????
I feel your pain. My symptoms are the same and feel so nasty. I came on the internet in search for the same. I swear I sweat buckets. Mine don't smell but wearing something nice is out. I have to be inside in front of the a/c witch is causing more problems with not to important as sweating.
Gaining wait for I don't wanna do anything to make me sweat.
Thank goodness!! I was searching for answers and came across you ladies. It is so embarrassing how bad my face sweats. People look at me like I'm crazy! Yes I am over weight, but before I gained weight my face would sweat buckets. I have been to the doctor and he did all kind of blood work and everything was normal. I hate going anywhere cause even with a vent in the car blowing in my face I'm still profusly sweating on my face and neck. I mean dripping off and my hair in the back wet. HELP please :(

I was also searching for some relief from facial sweating.  Like the many of you ladies I'm middle age (56) a little overweight.  I go argentine tango dancing at least 4-5 a week.  Needless to say it's not very attractive to be sweating a river down you face.  The only make up I now wear is lipstick. Sometimes I steam up my own glasses!  While I'm at rest I use my Hot Girls Pearls... my temp comes down pretty quickly and I get some temp relief.  Around the house or taking a break a the milonga, my pearls me down.  Check it out. http://www.hotgirlspearls.com/
I'm not selling them, just found these on the web looking for some relief.  I can't live without dancing.....
Good luck everyone!
SAME HERE!!! I wish someone would post a cure and I'm not moving to Alaska :)
I also came on here looking for some relief.  It's extremely embarrassing I have four sons and a husband that are freezing while I'm sweating my but off.
My face, head, neck, hair, pits, breasts, and privates are always wet.  I always wore makeup and had my hair fixed.  Not anymore.  It's useless, so now I feel yucky and dirty which I'm not.  I always thought I just got nervous (all the time). Apparently not.  But yet I've not seen another lady sweat as much as I do.  I'm 41 and this started mildly about 5 years ago, every time I was at the checkout at the store but then it escalated the past few years to all the time all day unless in the air conditioning.  Thank you for helping me realize I'm not the only one with this embarrassing problem.
I thought that I was the only person that sweated at the rate that I do....I can walk from my house to the car and the back of my hair is soaking wet and I am using a towel to wipe my face.  If I walk my shorts will have this mark about halfway down my back with sweat and a white line at the bottom which is probably the salt that is being lost.  I love to have my bedroom at 58 degrees which is driving my husband crazy.  I take thyroid medicine and I somehow think that the thyroid is the problem.
I am 57 and am experiencing the same symptoms as all of you  My daughter did my hair this morning and I laid down for 30 minutes this afternoon to only wake to the back of my hair, neck, face totally wet.  My pillow is even soaked.  I am glad I found this forum.....At least I know I am not the only one.  All my blood work has come back normal.
Did you have any side affects to this drug.  Thanks so much.
this is new for me.  I've always been active and never had a sweating problem.  after an car accident in 94 a herniated disc kept me from feeling the cold, even at 7,000 ft with 4 feet of snow.  I could walk barefoot.  even with this problem I was not sweating.  about four weeks ago I started dripping from my head, neck, arm pits etc....
I don't get it but I sure am glad i'm not the weird one on the block.  thank you to all of you for sharing your experiences. good luck to everyone.
I also thought I was alone!  When I went to the herbal/naturalist pharmacy, the only things he could think of in way of relief was to eat watermelon and to spray water around me!!??  How right you are--NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME--BOO HOO!!  Strength in numbers!  Thank you
Ditto ladies...I have been suffering from constant overheating and sweating as well.  I've been reading new studies that say it may be caused by too much or too little Serotonin.  Please check it out and bring it up with your doctor.
Hi, I'm 46, in pretty good shape, I exercise and eat right, and had a total abdominal hysterectomy about 3 months ago. The sweating thing is out of control. Thankfully, not my face too much, but after doing a normal amount of walking around, my shirt is drenched, my underwear and pants, yuck, and I can smell myself! Gross! I'm so embarrassed. I've tried deodorant soaps and perfumed powders, and body sprays, but the dampness is so uncomfortable. I heard that hormone replacement therapy helps this, but unfortunately, I got a blood clot in my lung during my recuperation from the surgery, and I'll never be able to use hormones. Anybody with any suggestions, please!
hi, I don't know if this will helpyou, but it has changed my life, I am 57 and had a totl hysterectomy at 44 and was on HRT until last year. The excessive sweating came from nowhere and was ruling and spoiling everything. I have had scans. blood tests, seen nurses, doctors and consultants, nothing. Then, I was so desperate, I entered my medication into a site called mediguard, and a contr-indication  came up for some of my tablets, I take Citalopram for depression and a stomach protecter called Omelprazole as I take painkillers for arthritis. The Omeprazole makes the Citalopram (for depression) too concentrate and result can be excessive sweating, heart racing and feeling exhausted. I Stopped Omeprazole (stomach protector) and had immediate 80- 90% improvement, it might be woth a try if you happen to take this type of medication, I also appreciate they may be under different names to mine but I think it happens with a lot of these drugs, I told my doctor and he was amazed, pity he hadn't been able to help me 2 years earler
Someone mentioned Robinul.  A google search took me here: http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/rxlist_view_comments.asp?drug=robinul&questionid=fdb12403_pem&page=2
Looks like something I will be asking my doctor about... SOON!
   i am 58 and  i have the same problem started about 6 months ago,minimal physical activity brings on profuse sweating, especially my face and neck,  i need a towel to dry with,    i hate it     Ann
I've been having Steroid Injections for disc problems in my lower back.  The immediate side effect is "flushing", or red face and neck.  I started having profuse sweating in January and the red face appears along with the dripping hair.  I look horrible, and nobody else even seems to be warm.  We went on a cruise, and just getting ready for dinner would mean disaster.  Then I'd settle down with the air conditioner cranked up - and the walk to dinner would get me red faced and sweating again.  I'm beginning to think it is the shots causing this.  So glad my husband found this blog, I thought I was a freak!
I've been on Metformin for a few months now, and have been sweating ever since.  I HATE it!  I get out of the shower and need to shower again (not really, but it's darned close).  Doing just the smallest amount of moving around causes my face to drip, my hair to get damp and I hate the thought that others can see it.  It's embarrassing!  So, here I sit with my fan blowing at top speed while my husband sits in the other room huddling by the fire.  Lovely....not.
I too have the same problem. I have CFS/so they say and slight low thyroid and slight diabetes. The hot full body flushes have got worse even in cold and the sweating which is profuse mainly from my head which drips down my face. I had a full hysterectomy 8 yrs ago and did HRT pellet Sotto therapy. I think things were better then. Going back to have it done again to see if the low hormones is the culprit...actually I have 0 estrogen! So, first have your thyroid checked and your hormone levels done. It's a good start. This condition is truly debilitating. If you find the culprit please share your findings. Truly, I don't think doctors give a damn. Thanks for your input! Susan
I have the same problem/scenario. Profuse sweating and full heat body flushes...they came on slowly but are way to debilitating now. I had a full hyster 8 yrs ago and was on Sotto pellet therapy which I thought gave me some relief. Have your thyroid levels done (complete) and hormone levels. I'm going back to the Sotto pellet therapy to see if it will control these issues. I am 60 yrs old. Actually, I cannot take it anymore. Please let me know if you have found the culprit/or what you have found or done about your problem! Thanks for sharing your condition...I am not alone!! Susan
Thank you for your tip on the drug for profuse sweating! I will look into it asap.....it's a horrid life living like this Hope it can help me!!.Thanks again!!
I just found this page and its 4/29/14.  Please tell me someone has found an answer.  My daughter is 20 and has been dealing with this for the last 6 years.  I am almost 50 and have been affected for the last few years as well.  It must be a hormone that the doctors don't recognize. thanks for sharing ladies.  I'm going to search if its a gender issue because that may help us find the answer.
thanks again
This is a few years out, just found your comment. Sitting here with my back dripping with sweat after just walking around my house. It's only 76 degrees in here. It DOES affect my desire to leave the house/work etc. I too am overweight, am dealing with sns overstimulation/anxiety. I'm also looking to lose weight as I'm desperate to become more available to my children--all of whom are 10 and under. Your suggestion brought me much encouragement. Thanks!!!
Have you tried coconut "ice cream" sooo delicious and non dairy!
thx for posting your findings on excessive sweating.  It is very interesting as I suffer as well... and like you take citalopran and omeprezole (sorry about spelling)  Are you still alot better?
I am going to be 57 years old next month, I am 230 pounds. I had a total hysterectomy at 38 years old with no hormone replacement due to high cancer risk in my family.  I sweat continuously, fresh out of the shower, trying to get dressed for work clothes sticking to me, sweat running through my hair down my face down, my back it's absolutely horrible.  if I kiss someone they usually say I feel cold, my cheeks my nose are ice cold, but I'm burning up!  please tell me there's something out there to help this.
Hi painterswife,

I just set up my account and haven't even had a chance to post but I, too, take Omeprazole, twice a day, along with Effexor for help with help with constant pain.  I have an appointment with my doctor on Friday but in the meantime, I'll try cutting back on the Omeprazole and see if it makes a difference.  

If it does, my doctor may be able to prescribe a drug similar to the Effexor-SR, as I don't think I can go without the Omeprazole.  I've had an ulcer that acts up now and then since I was 16.  Then I developed GERD, when I was
I know that some medications can cause a sweating side effect for some people. Trial and error can determine if that is the cause.  If not, it has been said that the newly modified food we eat can cause many, many symptoms including excessive perspiration, muscle aches, digestive difficulties.  A trial low carb--low refined sugar diet will often reveal food as the culprit.  I know I can not tolerate much of the modern carbohydrates in today's food and will sweat profusely if I eat more than 50 grams a day.  I must stick to a low carb diet, eating lots of fruits and vegetables or I pay the price like nearly everyone who has posted on this site.  It is worth a try if you are really suffering.
I am also a victim of perfuse sweating. I am 53 yrs old and a disabled nurse as well. I really do sweat a lot and never really go outside much. Nevertheless I still have this problem even staying inside and doing nothing at all. Even being a nurse doesn't help. Lol!  But I can say that it doesn't take a nurse to figure out that even though we are what we eat, there is the fact of inheritance. I too be embarrassed. I have a friend that told me that if she stayed inside all the time because of it then she would never go out.
Went to a church concert last night and as I was sitting with a girlfriend I started my sweating routine.  I feel drips off my hair and my chest, upper back and face.  I am so happy I wore a short cover-up because it became my sweat towel.  One day I was visiting my best friend and here it goes again ... I actually had to remove my blouse.  Bedtime, the same as many.

I read all the posts and I feel sorry for all of us.  My question is what is/are the answers?  I feel this condition will make a lot of us homebound ... how sad.

WE NEED ANSWERS ... please  
Hello to everyone, I believe that for me it is my Effexor that has been causing my excessive sweating, I started taking it about 13 years ago and have been sweating so much since but only when I am moving around, if I am sitting still for a while I will get cold.  Effexor is know to cause excessive sweating so I am sure that there are many other medications out there that do the same.  I am now attempting to come off my antidepressant because the sweating is very depressing and limits me greatly.  But because of having fibromyalgia my pain is getting worse as I am tapering off the Effexor because it is great for fibromyalgia pain.  I don't know what I am going to do, I may have to go back on it, if I am in this much pain I can't do anything anyways.  I do want to try Cymbalta instead it is suppose to help fibromyalgia suffers and depression but one of the symptoms is also sweating but hopefully it won't make me sweat.  I am so happy that my family is so understanding of this. I hope this little bit of information helps someone out there,
I believe that for me it is my Effexor that has been causing my excessive sweating, I started taking it about 13 years ago and have been sweating so much since but only when I am moving around, if I am sitting still for a while I will get cold.  Effexor is know to cause excessive sweating so I am sure that there are many other medications out there that do the same.  I am now attempting to come off my antidepressant because the sweating is very depressing and limits me greatly.  But because of having fibromyalgia my pain is getting worse as I am tapering off the Effexor because it is great for fibromyalgia pain.  I don't know what I am going to do, I may have to go back on it, if I am in this much pain I can't do anything anyways.  I do want to try Cymbalta instead it is suppose to help fibromyalgia suffers and depression but one of the symptoms is also sweating but hopefully it won't make me sweat. Perhaps it is the Effexor that is causing the sweating for you also  I hope this little bit of information helps.
I have the same problem as Summersville girl. Did you find a solution or does any have a solution?

Please!

Thanks,
smylie4me
I have had excessive sweating since I was a child. I am now 58. About 5 years post menopause.  I break a  sweat at the drop of a hat, and it is especially difficult at work, I work as a caregiver. Once I start giving showers to our residents I am drenched in sweat, but I can start sweating just getting them up and dressed! I carry around a handkerchief in my uniform pocket to mop up sweat from my face. My hair stays wet, not damp, as does my bra and underwear - despite lots of powder! Ironically, my arm pits stay dry, I wear a good anti-perspirant, I suppose.
My doc prescribed glycopyrrolate (1 mg) tablets to take. They don't help much.
If anyone finds a solution.....let us know!
hi i have been having a lot of sweating red face for about 4 6 years  i am on the stomach tablet like you omiprazole  how long did it take for the sweating to decrease please
I sweat like crazy with minimal effort.  I am not overweight.  My hair is soaking wet.  My face is red and hot.  My under breasts is wet. It is not so much my underarms, but mostly my head.  My clothes stick to me.  When I have a bad stomach ache, I sweat to the point it drips off of me and my hair is wet.  I have to take off my clothes as they stick to me, and I am so hot I can't stand them on me.  I won't be moving around at all-it is just due to pain.  (This started early on, before I was on most of my meds.)  I am on lots of meds due to chronic health conditions.  I am 44 and possibly just starting perimenopause.  My lutein producing hormone is fairly low, but in the regular range, so I think I still produce eggs, not sure.  (I had a hysterectomy about 7 years ago, but kept my ovaries, lost everything else.)  It is so irritating to be soaking wet for nothing! My face gets so hot and red it is ridiculous.  Why oh why has no one figured this out?  I need a break.
The best thing I got from these comments was a sense of overwhelming relief that I am not alone.  As so many others have said, unless you suffer from it, you have absolutely no idea of how debilitating and embarrassing it is. I hate, hate, hate it.  I am 61, suffer from real anxiety problems, have done all my life, and take Effexor.  My head just gets soaked, I look as if I am standing under a shower constantly.  Nice to know that other people understand.  Love to all who suffer. X
Exactly what's happening to me.  I just moved to Texas and it just 'started'  - humidity?  stress?  high blood pressure?  Just had back, neck surgery and just found out I have a genetic heart problem.  Not enough stress right?  I have been have on and off hot flashes for about 20 years but never like this...

Home remedy...try this.  I know it sounds wacky but..pick up some peppermint oil at your health food store.  It comes in a tube (roll-on)...put some cold water on the back of your neck and rub the peppermint on...cools you right down!  Use it as much as you need to...or wherever else you might need to...

Also, I sleep on a towel with iced rolled into it...helps.

Hope this gives you a little relief.  My own answer is ...MOVE BACK HOME and get rid of the stress, right?

I have had my thyroid removed at age 21. At age 44 had to have a hysterectomy and went on hormones. They took me off about 10 years ago and I have had a sweating problem every since. Have tried everything.....going back on hormones, over the counter drugs for hot flashes. Most annoying is taking a shower and afterwards need to take another. I am going to insist on a full thyroid work up to see what can be done and also found there is a diet for this..lipten diet
When I decided I had enough of this getting soaked from minimal exertion, I really wasn't sure if I would have any luck finding any answers. Imagine how glad I was to see so many others had the same problem. I have written down all the suggestions and am going to research them all. I will report wheat I find out. So glad I am not alone!
The only that we all seem to have is anxiety and stress.
Many of us take Effexor as well.
I am with the group who has had hysterectomies .
When they check thyroid , do I need a more in depth test than
the usual scan?
Thanks to all of you for writing on this blog!!  I, too, thought I was alone.  I'm 67 and this began about 3 years ago.  People have asked me if I've just showered!!!  I decided I'm too old to be embarrassed and have carried a small towel with me everywhere (big enough to towel dry my hair).  But I'm finally sick of the discomfort.  I'm going straight to my dermatologist to ask for Robinul.  My regular doctor said it was due to hormone imbalance (don't want estrogen due to cancer risks). The other suggestions sound good - I've written them all down.  Thank you, ladies.  Just would love to meet someone else in person with this problem!!!!  
I too have been hunting for answers. I have been on Citalopram now for 1 year. I have gone thru the other side effects and still have the sleepyness.. i could take a 4 hour nap in the middle of the day and still go to bed at 830  which is normally not me.  But i still have this excessive sweating..  i dont have to do anything and its there..  soaking my clothes and i am at work in the medical field so this just doesnt work when im around my patients.  I can just walk into a room and if the AC kicks on and changes the temp a half of a degree its game on.. sweating like crazy.. is there any natural supplements that I can take that anyone had tried???

Its starting to rule my life, and i dont bother with makeup or doing my hair as well.. there is no point in that.. and sleeping it has to be freezing and i still have the fan on me...it doesnt matter day or night.. i get hit with it constantly... so any ideas to helpI would welcome greatfully!!
Hello, i have just read about your horrid problem, and saw that it sounds very similar to mine. I have terrible sweats, every day all day. I cannot go out as i am always soaked, and look as though i have just showered. My hair drips, and my face is a wonderful shade of red/blue. :(  I am 61 and also have Angina, type 2 diabetes. and oestoarthritis too.  Feel very low, as i no longer have my darling husband.  I really hope someone can help me please, thank you xx
I've been reading a lot of these comments and I'm curious if most of us have back problems. I too sweat my self a pool daily. the people at the office ask what I've been doing and I laugh and tell them typing. the sweat beads and runs off my face all day every day I am just soaked from my beasts up. I can be wearing sweats and freeze on my lower half but my upper body is naked in front of a fan just dripping into my eyes and down my neck!!! this is so frustrating!!!! not to mention I feel sticky and ask everyone around me if I'm stinky all the time... 25 female taking zoloft.
I am 65 yrs for the last 18 months I have been sweating profusely (ice cold sweats) my hair drips as does my face,my whole body is wringing wet right down to underclothes, I am not hot as I'm freezing to touch,it happens both after moving around and when I'm sitting still. I cannot go on like this,I'm avoiding going out as it just comes on without any warning,I have an under active thyroid and I take medication. It isn't related to change as I had hysterectomy at 27yrs and it forced an early change. I have to put extra clothes on while I'm sweating as I'm freezing cold,and no matter how I try I cannot get my skin dried. What can I do?
I had a total hysterectomy 4yrs ago and now I constantly sweat, including my feet with open toe sandals. I'm aware that I will have the hot flashes and night sweats, but did not know that I will constantly have sweaty feet.
i have the same thing,,,any ideas
I've been going thru all the same issues... I'm working on having my thyroid checked.  U need to have ur free T3 and freeT4 checked plus vit D....that's what I was told to do so I'm doing it. If it works to stop the sweating I will let everyone know
Wow, I just read this entire thread! I have this too! Excess sweating and red face, but only when I move, even though it can be very minimal activity. And always after the shower, I feel like I need another one. My underwear is always soaked in the creases at the top of my thighs and my hair drips with sweat. I am 47 and this started a couple of years ago and has gotten worse. Some of my friends think it might be peri-menopause, but I still get my period regularly and the sweating only happens when I move (though not much). It's so embarrassing - I am always dripping with sweat in line at the grocery and forget about having any sex because I am damp in my underwear. Plus, my face gets soooo red and stays red like a ran a marathon when just walking down the street. I am overweight, but I have been overweight plenty of times before and never sweat THIS much.
I noticed a lot of people have taken Effexsor and or other antidepressants (me too - tried Effexsor but hated it; used to be on Citalapram for years and now on Lexapro, Neurontin and welbutrin), many have had hysterectomies (not me) and many are over 40.
It is disgusting that so many of us are severely suffering from this and having to stay inside and no doctors seem to have a clue how prevalent it is. (I didn't know and am glad I am not alone, though my heart goes out to you all in empathy).
I feel like I can't do anything now. It's ridiculous. I am always sweating under my breasts too.
Perhaps we can start some kind of online group to investigate and share our finding with each other?
SOmeone in this thread mentioned Vitamin D and I was told by my doc that my Vitamin D was really low and I am taking it daily now. I wonder if many of us have that from staying inside due to this issue and not getting whatever sun we may need? I also noticed this past summer my reaction to the sun was worse than ever - itchy red rashes that lasted days after maybe 15 minutes in the sun. I wonder if this all has anything to do with it. It's maddening when the doctors seem to think we are exaggerating.
I have had this problem for years. It's just getting worse. Just the tiniest exertion like folding a towel and my face & neck are pouring sweat. I even leave a trail of sweat drops on the hardwood floors. Showers are awful - I can't cool down to even try putting makeup on. I had to get dressed to go to dinner with my adult son & new girlfriend, and I was sweating all through dinner. I was so embarrassed. I have lots of medical problems like RA, migraines, - etc. My doctors never give me a reason though. I got my hormones checked and I'm not even premenopausal. It ruins everything I try to do. I was just diagnosed with Central Sleep Apnea and got my CPAP today. I'm wondering if this somehow is connected.
Hello everyone. I have read many of the comments,(I feel for all). I am a 45 yr female, 5'5, 230ish lbs. My problem is while it is hot outside, and I am dripping, literally, wet with sweat, my head feels feverish, but the kicker is my arms and body are ice cold. I take Anti-D's, anxiety meds, and also 1 3xs day prescription pain meds & muscle relaxers for my spine. I had a Hysto in 2000,kept my ovaries so I don't think it's menopausal due to no night or irregular sweating. Also, my face turns red. Does ANYONE have a clue or any ideas about this? I have not seen my GP yet, as I am in great hopes of (Unfortunately) someone else is dealing with this too. Looking forward to any an all responses. Thanks. HoosierKymmi
I am 35 and I also suffer from sweats. I suffer very bad back pain and take a huge amount of pain relief. I don't have to even move and I sweat, it is so embarrassing. Sometimes I have to change clothes more than  3 times a day it is having a worse affect on my life than the back pain sometimes.
It has made me feel so much better hearing all your stories. I too suffer the same way all of u do.  It really *****.  They have run so many tests to no avail. I do take omeprazole also. I am going to ask my doctor about Rubinol. Good luck everyone.
I am 52 and have suffered for over ten years now I blow dry my hair ten mins later its soaked through with sweat It runs down my back wetting my uniform it stings my eyes I too dont bother with make up. I rarely go out because its too embarrasing I have been on HRT for four months no change had my thyroid checked is normal im fed up and sad that it controls my life .....
I had this problem in middle school and high school and I cried about it every damn day. I believe the cause is food allergies and intolerances. Get tested for them.  But keep in mind it could be an intolerance that doesnt show up as well . I was allergic to soy and dairy- eliminating those made the worst of it calm down, then eliminating high fat foods (chocolate egg yolks coconut and ANY form of oils even olive oil or fish oil, also had to eliminate olive and avocado which are high fat, I dont eat chips obviously bc theres too much fat. For milk I switched to non dairy types. I hope this helps some of you. Took me ten years to be able to figure that out. Never give up guys!
Kelsey,
I'm so sorry that you suffered with this horrible affliction in Middle and High school ,how devastating for you and I'm sure terribly embarrassing. I found your post very interesting, you don't say your age now, but are you saying by eliminating those foods , that you have found relief?  I'm 58 and this has been going on for 10 years for me, and like many others here, I too am overweight, and on a lot of the same meds, anxiety, pain, housebound, etc. I am also Diabetic, All of us here have some commonality with each other to some degree, but I don't remember anyone mentioning food allergies, I will ask my Doctor to check all of these things and appreciate your post,
   To all the rest of us: my heart goes out to each and every single one here posting, we now realize we are not alone and are not crazy. I hope and pray we can continue to share our frustrations, because no one else knows what we are truly going through;  but let's  share any  victories or triumphs that got us through another day,eg. a lovely quote, some beautiful relaxing music
a funny movie.So, let's  keep that baby powder handy along with our portable fans and keep on keeping on! Peace and comfort to us all .  
I am also a sweaty individual. I wait tables at a high end restaurant and I had one guy point it out in the middle of a rush! Yes I know I'm sweating sir our air isn't working appropriately (for me!!!) In the kitchen. Now. Let me go get you your bread and some ketchup and dry off. Thanks!

To ask a personal question are you pre or post menopausal?
I have this problem and the only solution so far is to take a ice pack, about 10 inchers long by anywhere from two inches to four, wrap in a thin towel and place around the back of my neck. aIn about 5 min the sweating stops. It's like msgic, but cannot be done at a social gathering, that's the only problem!
I have the same problem. My main argument about Rubinol is that it is an anticholinergic. There is increasing evidence that AC's increase the risk/incidence of Alzheimer's Disease. Personally, I would be happy to find comfortable, absorbant cotton padding for my back. I see plenty of underarm pads and bra shields, but no one seems to have addressed the raingutter down the middle of my back. Suggestions? Rolled wash cloth in waistband during exercise is minimally helpful.
Hi I've read all this page and can't believe there are so many people like me. I have reached the point now I can't take it anymore, especially when people tell me it's only sweating!!! I am so low now. I never leave the house now and avoid any exertion at all. Don't feel like theres any point going on. I've got the doctors tomorrow so I hope he can help. Been to many many doctors and none have been able to help . Many just tell me to keep wearing no makeup and my hair up. Not a good look for me. I feel so ugly and unfeminine.
HWW
I too experience the discomfort, concern, feelings of loss of 'normalcy', identified by so many who have posted comments. What truly appals me is the apparent lack of research into the causes of this experience. For years the cause of my discomfort has gone undiagnosed - but there has been no shortage of willing doctors to write out prescriptions for the 'symptoms'. I want a fair shot at recovery, not just pill-bottle-management of this alarming, many-times-a-day debilitating experience. Is this an unreasonable expectation ?