Progesterone cream
Just wondering if anyone has used Progesterone cream and if/how it worked. Trying to use a natural alternative to regulating my periods.
Hi there,
I have used the ProGest cream which was recommended by my Gyn.  I used it from Feb 2006 through Sept 2006 with great results.  I was noticing that I'd feel really depressed at certain times of the month.  Using it helped balance me out.  

In Sept a cyst was found on my right ovary.  Not related to the ProGest cream.  In Nov I had the ovary and cyst removed.  Since then I have not used the cream on a regular basis.  I did have to use it in Dec b/c I spotted for a month and the cream stopped it.  The Dr suggested I continue on the cream but it was making me crazy, emotionally.  I took myself off of it.  I figure that my hormones are still messed up since the surgery and it wasn't lacking in progesterone.  I feel much more like myself now.

I do have a reamaining ovary but have not had a period since my surgery.  I'm not counting that spotting.  It wasn't a period, more like old blood.

I had my hormone levels checked right before surgery and they showed me not to be in menopause, although I didn't need a test to tell me that.  I don't know what my hormone balance was, though.  I'd say if you are noticing a significant mood/emotional fluctuation then maybe your Gyn can order a hormone level check.

Good luck...there are natural creams to help you.  My Gyn gave me a list of all natural creams.