Women's Health Community
Progesterone cream
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Progesterone cream

Just wondering if anyone has used Progesterone cream and if/how it worked. Trying to use a natural alternative to regulating my periods.
Related Discussions
Hi there,
I have used the ProGest cream which was recommended by my Gyn.  I used it from Feb 2006 through Sept 2006 with great results.  I was noticing that I'd feel really depressed at certain times of the month.  Using it helped balance me out.  

In Sept a cyst was found on my right ovary.  Not related to the ProGest cream.  In Nov I had the ovary and cyst removed.  Since then I have not used the cream on a regular basis.  I did have to use it in Dec b/c I spotted for a month and the cream stopped it.  The Dr suggested I continue on the cream but it was making me crazy, emotionally.  I took myself off of it.  I figure that my hormones are still messed up since the surgery and it wasn't lacking in progesterone.  I feel much more like myself now.

I do have a reamaining ovary but have not had a period since my surgery.  I'm not counting that spotting.  It wasn't a period, more like old blood.

I had my hormone levels checked right before surgery and they showed me not to be in menopause, although I didn't need a test to tell me that.  I don't know what my hormone balance was, though.  I'd say if you are noticing a significant mood/emotional fluctuation then maybe your Gyn can order a hormone level check.

Good luck...there are natural creams to help you.  My Gyn gave me a list of all natural creams.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...