Women's Health Community
Progesterone pills
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Progesterone pills

Since I did not get my period, and it is day 44 today, my dr has me on Progesterone 10mg for 10 days. Has anyone had any side effects from taking it?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am on progesterone for a different reason, and the only side affect that i have noticed is i am really itchy, and I'm hot. Why did your doc prescribe progesterone? I am taking that to help with building and maintaining my uterine lining to support my pregnancy.
Blank
Progesterone does two things, it can increase the strength of the lining of your uterus to help pregnancies or it also jump starts your period.  Crazy how that works, but true.
Blank
My dr. actually suggested progesterone pills for me as well when I was having trouble with my periods. because  I had a D&C and my periods were regular but abnormally light and I spotted all month long. She suggested them so she could be able to tell if I had a sufficient lining to carry a baby.  I didn't take them and I found out recently I am pregnant. Do the progesterone pills maintain my lining while I'm pregnant?  because I am so scared of losing this baby too!
Blank
Do not take the progesterone pills unless your doctor says to.  Unless your doctor is worried about you miscarrying, I wouldn't take anything they didn't tell you to take for your new situation.  Apparantly you have sufficient lining to carry the baby if you're pregnant, but women take progesterone pills when they're ttc to help with luteal phase deficiencies, which can thicken the wall of your uterus and keep it from shedding until necessary.  Ask your doc. before you take any progesterone pills or any other medication you're unsure about.
Blank
Im taking them for irregular periods as we ttc. Only side effects i see are mood swings!! My poor husband. Good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...