Progesterone suppository accidentally put in urethra
I accidentally put the progesterone 100mg suppository in my urethra rather than my vagina and I would like to know if there are any medical problems with this. I know it sounds a bit strange, go ahead and laugh. I was sleeping and had to wake up to do the suppository and my vagina was a bit sore already from the 2 IUIs I had done that day and the previous one, so I just gave the suppository a push, and then I noticed I had pushed it into the wrong place. I still can
PGB
I don't have any idea what happens.  I would definately think that you would need to call your doctor though.  I would keep drinking lots of water and call the doctor as soon as they open.
I can't imagine a suppository would even fit into your urethra.

Definitely call the doctor just to check.  You shouldn't play around with this.
That sounds very painful to say the least! I would imagine you could get a UTI from that. I would call your doctor right away!
Of course, ask your doctor.  But my guess is that it was not dangerous.  Those capsules melt so fast, and the progesterone is easy on your system.  You probably even got some progesterone into your bloodstream through the urethral walls.  Let us know what the doc says!
I didn't call my doctor. I normally would but I was so embarrassed and I am a new patient with this doctor so I don't want her to think I am a real screw-up, even though I guess I am.
I think my situation has improved. It doesn't hurt anymore to urinate, and there is no more pink tinge. If the pain returns I promise I will call my doctor. Thanks for your input. N.