Prolapse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Prolapse

I am 29 yars old and have a prolapsed uterus, prolapsed bladder and a rectocele.  I don't know if my question will get answered in time, but I am scheduled to have surgery on Dec 28.  I can't remember all the surgical names, but I am having a vaginal hysterectomy, he is putting in mesh to repair the rectocele and a sling for my bladder.  I was diagnosed with this just after my youngest son was born in April of 2008 and have tried the pessary route which did not work for me but at that time we weren't sure if we were done having kids.  Now we are so we decided to have surgery.  Why I am now worried is when I went for my pre-op on Monday, it seemed my Dr was almost trying to talk mw out of the surgery.  He is concerned with me having pain during intercourse due to the mesh.  I now don't know what to do.  I have pain now with intercourse and the constantly having to go to the bathroom makes it hard to have a life and even though they won't say it's the reason, getting me in trouble at work!  I can't live like this, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life not being able to have sex with my husband either.  All my Dr can say is it might cause pain he doesn't know for sure.