Promensil

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Promensil

I am from Canada. I started having hot flashes almost six years ago and was put on hrt. It stopped the hot flashes, but last spring I had to have a d&c because the hrt caused uterine build up. So I weaned myself off the hrt fear of getting cancer of the uterus next time and the hot flashes came back plus a few more menopausal symptoms i never had in the beginning. Why would I start having these symptoms Now. My estrogen is low obviously, but why would I start having all these now? I'm confused. I am taking promensil for symptoms but does not really help. Promensil is a red clover tablet. Can anyone shed some light in my tunnel. Thanks
No I am not the same one that posted above. I will check out this vitex. Have you ever tried promensil or heard any good things about it?
I am not sure if you are the same poster as the one above? But I will repeat my recommendation as I am also in Canada and know that you can access this remedy.

I took vitex for 6 month to balance my hormones (which were causing major PMS) and it is also highly recommended for menopausal symptoms. Basically it impacts the glands that create our reproductive hormones so that they create the right amount of each instead of letting estrogen go unchecked or progesterone remain low. I like this herb because it works on the problem at the source instead of treating symptoms.

You will probably feel relief after a couple of weeks; remember with herbs you need to let them build up in your system before they start acting.

In Canada, you will find this at a nutrition store either as vitex, chasteberry, or agnus castus.
I've seen promensil at the store but have not taken it as I'm only 33 and not menopausal. If the active ingredient is red clover, that will certainly help treat some of the symptoms of menopause.

I would suggest adding the vitex to your regimen because it will work at the source of the problem (unbalanced hormones) instead of just minimising symptoms. You could actually take both but I think if you try vitex you may not require the clover at all.
pb95 Anyone hear from ribaby15? Comment
Shannon79, and specialmom commented on KeeLolo's status
Foam Rolling
16 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals