Prometerium (?) - has anyone taken this?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Has anyone taken Prometerium (?)?  If so, what are possible
side effects.  I'm asking because I might have to take it
for thickened uterine lining.
Avatar n tn
I have taken it a few times. Honestly, I didn't have any side effects. To my knowledge it is supposed to also regulate your cycle. Are you trying to get pregnant?
Avatar n tn
I have taken Prometrium while I was pregnant. The only side effects that I have heard of are tiredness and sickness to the stomach, but being pregnant while taking it I wasn't able to tell if it was the prometrium or the pregnancy that was causing these effects. I stopped taking them, but I am still sick and Definitely tired.
Avatar n tn
I used Prometrium for five months to treat a Complex Atypical Hyperplasis with polyps and fibroids. It was termed a pre-cancerous condition. I was told TAH BSO was normally done with women my age. I refused and requested options.

The first option is MEDICAL, then minor sugeries or ablations. I had hysteroscopy & D&C,  then used Prometrium, then had another hysteroscopy D&C, myomectomy, and polyps removed. That biopsy was clear.

Prometrium is not without risk. I would never use it for any reason other than disease control. Menopause is not a disease.

For the purpose you are talking about Prometrium is generally used in high doses, from 200 mg to 600 mg daily, and side effects will be relative to dose.

I had serious sedation, nausea and dizziness,

One of the best things women near or post menopause can do to lessen menopause related discomfort and conditions is to lose weight. Estrogen, progesterone, and androgen are produced in body fat.

Avatar n tn
I took prometrium after I had an insemination because my progesterone levels were low.  I had no side effects but it delayed my period almost a week so I thought I could be pregnant but I wasn't.  It did help raise my progesterone levels a lot.
Avatar n tn
I've taken prometrium for about 1 and a half year to regulate my period because hubby and I were TTC... didn't help at all!  I never got pregnant until I started this year for more healthy food.  The side effects or prometrium were not too bad.  I get cramps when I get my period but I was able to handle it... but that was about it.
pb95, KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
Benefits Of Turmeric In Bursitis
18 hrs ago by gymdandee
Weekend Laughter (NEW Wine for Seni...
19 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals