Provera, Clomiphene (clomid)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Provera, Clomiphene (clomid)

Hey just wondering if any one else has come across this problem, i have taken provera to get my period started and then had to take clomiphene to stimulate my ovaries, but i didn't ovulate and i was wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. And what was done about it. I;m worried as if this teatment doens't work then i have to look at IVF which i think is out of my price range. Any experiences would help, thanks
Thanks heaps for that it has put my mind to ease, knowing that i have a chance, she said to wait two weeks and if it comes then to take 100mg, otherwise i assume that i will have to take the provera again i have my fingers crossed and good luck to you hope everything works out
This happened to me I had  2 cycles of clomid 50 mg the first cycle didn't do a thing . I had to start provera to get me period . the second cycle worked and i got my period but was really late and not regular . the blood looked old sorry tmi. Finally my doctor increased my dosage to 100 mg on the 3rd cycle and i had a BFP . I couldn't believe it finally worked. I'm 30 yrs old and that was my first pregnancy. Sadly I miscarried at 8 weeks. We are trying again . I'm in my 2ww i still have several long days to go. I'm gonna test on the 18 . I didn't use clomid this month but went to my doctor today becauses it seems i ovulated late like day 24 or something. If i don't get my period or the BFP then we will start clomid again. We are going to start a 50 mgs again to begin then work our way up from there. My doctor says that sometime a mc will help make your cycle normal and you are very fertile afterward. I don't think thats what happening to me but we have to wait and see. I'm crossing my fingers. Be patient with the clomid i'm sure it will work . It better work i can't afford IVF treatment either.
I hope all works out for you...IM 36 I did the Clomiphene Citrate Challenge Test. To see how I ovualte. My FSH were low the 2nd time the did the blood test. So now i have to wait til i get a period and see from there.