Provera for cleaning the lining of uterus
I am 37 yrs old recently was at my annual GYN appt and told my DR that my period last longer than it use to...it starts red and heavy after 3 days...seems like it is done and then day or 2 later I get it back no where near heavy but this time it is dark brown...sometimes I see little clumps but mostly brown as opposed to red color.  From start to complete finish, my period is now lasting ALMOST 1.5 weeks.  My doctor said it sounded like my lining of uterus needed to be cleaned,  She said to take Provera on day 16 after my period begins for 10 days for 3 months and stop.  

I asked if it had to do with pre menapause..if it had to do with residue from my miscarrage 15 months ago...she said no to miscarrage and she did not know about menopause.  I just wish I knew what causes a "dirty" lining of uterus?  Is this something I could prevent...I don't drink enough ...could that be it?  I am hesitant to take Provera.  Not sure of the side effects long term or short.  I still would like to conceive one more time within the next 1.5 years.  I am afraid to take Provera...what do you recommend?  If I chose not to do the Provera, are my risks greater for another problem down the road?  
Thanks for your feedback

This discussion is related to Abnormal Bleeding for 3 months.