Psycho-Vaginal issues.....:)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Psycho-Vaginal issues.....:)

This is not really a question but a "psycho-vaginal" issue that I've noticed on myself and I've read on previous posts from different people.  
Everytime that I have a certain issue with my menses or hormones or whatever, I always freak out and think that I'm pregnant.  There is relatively little chance of me getting pregnant because I have an IUD but still I get scared.
Anyway when I think that I am pregnant I get all of the pregnancy symptoms minus the darkening of nipples. Yet I get scared to get tested so I decide to wait it out and see if I get my period and surely I get it a few weeks later.
So anyway (I'm in that mentality right now that maybe I may or may not be pregnant, which I'm probably not) last night I had this WEIRD dream that I was in labor!  Which reinforces my fear of being pregnant.
So anyway, word of advice to the youngones on this site, use bc, use it right and don't think that any little thing thats wrong in your body is because you are pregnant (that should be further down on your list) and please go to the Dr.
Adn me, well I'm still waiting for my next period (because I'm a coward to test or go to DR.)which hopefully will be next week (or hopefully not too).
Maybe you should switch to a bc that you feel you have more control with....like the pill?
I was on the pill (or several different) for a few years and those were probably the worst health years of my life.  I'm perfectly happy with the IUD its only that I always fear that it won't work everytime...I think I'm starting to become irregular and the mid-cycle spotting here and there always scares me.  My Dr. doesn't think that there's anything wrong with me so maybe its all in my head...or I should change Dr.
Have you ever considered the shot or the patch?  That mid cycle spotting would drive me nuts too!!!!
I can't do hormones and the patch has the highest dose and the ring is still hormones. When I was on the pills I got the worse infections ever, bald spots all over my head, constant nausea, moodyness, wait gain, hot flashes. I was a mess!
I have a copper IUD and it works fine but I've never spotted in my life until a year AFTER I got the IUD, which its supossed to be "normal" in the first 6 months but not a year later, and so Dr. over the phone is like "take pills" but wont do any tests. I will not go back to the pills, I'd rather get pregnant at this point. I'm waiting for to see if I miss my period to test. But testing scares me sooo much, I don't know why...
And BTW which dollar stores sells pregnancy tests? I don't think they have those in my area :(
I think the IUD is really one of the most trusted forms of birth control, so you should probably accept that, and realize that you're cool.

You're probably thinking too much & you're convincing yourself of symptoms that are probably being heightened by your brain.

Also -- pregnancy tests can be found at most pharmacys, larger grocery stores & walmart.